Results 2,461 to 2,480 of 11579

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I see we are having a hard time understanding the meaning of the word likely
    Kinda hard to imagine I was the one misunderstanding it - apparently you've seen a report that no one else has that says they're "likely" to move Haniger.

If likely means that they'll trade him if AA includes Pache, Wright or Soroka, and Riley, you're probably right. Of course if Alex wasn't so hard-headed, he could have Realmuto for Albies too.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Kinda hard to imagine I was the one misunderstanding it - apparently you've seen a report that no one else has that says they're "likely" to move Haniger.

If likely means that they'll trade him if AA includes Pache, Wright or Soroka, and Riley, you're probably right. Of course if Alex wasn't so hard-headed, he could have Realmuto for Albies too.
    You do realize likely available and likely to move are two very different things, right? I feel like I'm teaching my 5 year old son here.

DiPoto has said he's available if the right deal is there. KC has said they will not be making Merrifield available. Sounds to me one is likely more available than the other using simple logic.
    Last edited by zbhargrove; 12-02-2018 at 08:57 AM.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Any shot to headline Ajax for a big bat or ToR guy. with the new BA article out and all.
    Coppy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

Tapate50 (12-02-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    McNeil would likely be the centerpiece since the Mets now have Cano and the Indians are looking for good, affordable position players in return for 1 of their starters.
    If I’m the Mets I trade McNeil at the first jump. Doesn’t hit for power, below average defender, doesn’t walk... Most of his value is tied up into a SSS inflated BABIP and baserunning value.

There’s no way he’s a proper headliner and if teams are actually viewing him that way then we need to start floating Camargo’s name who is a superior player and younger.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    You do realize likely available and likely to move are two very different things, right? I feel like I'm teaching my 5 year old son here.

DiPoto has said he's available if the right deal is there. KC has said they will not be making Merrifield available. Sounds to me one is likely more available than the other using simple logic.
    Link?
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Link?
    He said that Diaz and Mitch were both guys he wanted to keep but would trade them if wowed. Diaz was traded and I hardly say that was a wow.

That said I don’t think he wants to trade Mitch really. Not without a bigger over pay
    Coppy

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Pollock has probably priced himself out of contention for Braves. He wants Fowler/Cain money, 80mil over 5 years Per MLBTR

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Link?
    If you’re going to talk with the adults, please try to keep up...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...iaz/ar-BBPZIKe

Considering the return that blew Dipoto away for Diaz, the bar is clearly pretty low to wow him.

I know you lack in the logical thinking department, but this is pretty basic stuff. It’s not even as hard as Albies for Dee Gordon.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    If you’re going to talk with the adults, please try to keep up...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/mlb...iaz/ar-BBPZIKe

Considering the return that blew Dipoto away for Diaz, the bar is clearly pretty low to wow him.

I know you lack in the logical thinking department, but this is pretty basic stuff. It’s not even as hard as Albies for Dee Gordon.
    So you get your information from "The Score", eh? Can't imagine why anyone missed that article. Maybe you should try FanSided.

This guy https://www.thescore.com/author/jason-wilson is obviously one of the most well-connected baseball writers out there.
    Last edited by clvclv; 12-02-2018 at 12:26 PM.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Wonder if AA could be approaching the available money from the opposite direction everybody thinks he is?

FanGraphs projects Eovaldi at 3 years/$42 million, MLBTR at 4/$60 million. Leaves roughly $10 million assuming there's $25 million left.

Could he be aiming to sign Eovaldi and spin Newk off in a Peralta deal? Would only leave a couple million to address the pen with, but maybe he waits to do that at the deadline if a bargain basement signing doesn't present itself right now. Make Fried or Gohara your rotation lefty to start the season and give Touki some more time to marinate in Gwinnett to start the season and use him/Soroka/Wright/Gohara or Fried as your depth in the event you can move Julio at some point?

Folty/Eovaldi/Fried or Gohara/Gausman/Julio would be pretty sweet, and you'd have Peralta behind Donaldson.
    Last edited by clvclv; 12-02-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Link?
    Oh my lord, its only been referenced about 50 times in these threads:

"Well, that could be just about anyone given Dipoto’s proclivity for transaction and his creativity in coming up with possibilities. He would prefer not to trade Haniger, Diaz or Gonzales despite the first two players having the most trade value of Seattle’s current roster.

“We are going to stay open-minded to anything with a general ‘never say never,’ ” Dipoto said. “With Marco, with Mitch, with Eddie, we would have to be blown away to move players like that.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-back-in-2019/

Good lord man, keep up... although I know you're about to do your clv thing and say this doesn't back it up what I said, but it clearly does considering they just traded Diaz in a bizarre trade.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    He said that Diaz and Mitch were both guys he wanted to keep but would trade them if wowed. Diaz was traded and I hardly say that was a wow.

That said I don’t think he wants to trade Mitch really. Not without a bigger over pay
    And my point was that it doesn't seem KC has any interest in rebuilding even though they won't be good at this point... they point blank said Merrifield is not available. Both would be an overpay, but the guy who itches to trade and who has said they would be open minded to trading Haniger tells me he is quite clearly more likely to be traded than Merrifield. And while they would both be overpays, considering the Diaz clusterf**k, DiPotos itchy trade finger, tearing the club down, to most rational human beings, of the two... Merrifield is the least likely to be dealt. I would overpay for Haniger because DiPoto is an idiot and an overpay for him who's itching to trade is going to be much less of an overpay than for Merrifield which KC seems to have zero desire to even talk about in deals. Not to mention, he's not near the impact player.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    So you get your information from "The Score", eh? Can't imagine why anyone missed that article. Maybe you should try FanSided.

This guy https://www.thescore.com/author/jason-wilson is obviously one of the most well-connected baseball writers out there.
    It was a direct quote from Dipoto fool.

Please, try to keep up...derrrrrppppp
    Last edited by Enscheff; 12-02-2018 at 01:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    It was a direct quote from Dipoto fool.

Please, try to keep up...derrrrrppppp
    I love his comment on the source without even reading the content... which has the direct quote that has been referenced in about 50,000 articles all that have been posted in this thread multiple times. Hopefully the Seattle Times quoted him right enough for you clv

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    The Eovaldi idea is solid though. He represents a true impact arm that doesn’t carry the workhorse premium, just like Paxton did.

The Dodgers have been leveraging those types of pitchers by nursing them through the regular season so they could unleash them in the postseason. Eovaldi could be seen as that type of asset by AA.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Who would?
    i gotta say philly is 100x the city atlanta is.
    idk where you personally live, but atlanta isn’t a great city at all.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Oh my lord, its only been referenced about 50 times in these threads:

"Well, that could be just about anyone given Dipoto’s proclivity for transaction and his creativity in coming up with possibilities. He would prefer not to trade Haniger, Diaz or Gonzales despite the first two players having the most trade value of Seattle’s current roster.

“We are going to stay open-minded to anything with a general ‘never say never,’ ” Dipoto said. “With Marco, with Mitch, with Eddie, we would have to be blown away to move players like that.”

https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...-back-in-2019/

Good lord man, keep up... although I know you're about to do your clv thing and say this doesn't back it up what I said, but it clearly does considering they just traded Diaz in a bizarre trade.
    why even bother man. it’s fuile.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Kinda hard to imagine I was the one misunderstanding it -.
    Lolololololol

Hahahahahahaha

Who finds it hard to imagine it was clvderp misunderstanding something?

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    Hey remember all that Bumgarner talk the other day? Just ran across this article saying the exact same thing that I was saying the other day: Bumgarner isn't that valuable right now.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/madi...nts-that-much/

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    i gotta say philly is 100x the city atlanta is.
    idk where you personally live, but atlanta isn’t a great city at all.
    I live in the A. It's just fine thank you.