Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Inauguration Day 2017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The sensationalism of their reporting. People were likening trumps inaugural address to nazi germany. It's absolutely ridiculous in my opinion.
    "Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to 'leak' into the public. One last shot at me. Are we living in Nazi Germany." Donald Trump

You gotta expect some return fire when you say the things he does.

Our public discourse has noticeably gone downhill in the past couple years. There are various reasons for this. But Trump has made a yuge contribution. Yuge.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    "Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to 'leak' into the public. One last shot at me. Are we living in Nazi Germany." Donald Trump

Our public discourse has noticeably gone downhill in the past couple years. There are various reasons for this. But Trump has made a yuge contribution. Yuge.
    Impossible to argue this point. Many are at fault and while trump may bear more than others he is almost the product of the environment for the last 20 years.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    So lecturing the press over a quickly-corrected factual error is pretty weak sauce.
    Claiming that Trump removed the MLK bust from the Oval was incendiary and egregious. Not to mention wildly sloppy reporting. Can't really fault the White House for wanting to get out in front of a story like that.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I guess there's a significant swath of the media whose default mode is sensationalist.

There was a certain breathlessness to how everything has been covered for the last couple of days, which is probably not unusual for a first inaugural, honestly. There's no shortage of things the media can be criticized for--I was curious to see what your specific complaints were.

You might consider chilling the absolute statements about what "those on the left" are or aren't capable of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Claiming that Trump removed the MLK bust from the Oval was incendiary and egregious. Not to mention wildly sloppy reporting. Can't really fault the White House for wanting to get out in front of a story like that.
    And let's not make this to be an innocent error. The intent of this reporting was to further fuel the division in this country by race and galvanize the base even more so.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

Except that willfully propping up a fake intelligence report is far different than uttering Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Führer.

Discourse certainly isn't dead. Nuance and basic logic would certainly appear to be taking their final gasps though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I guess there's a significant swath of the media whose default mode is sensationalist.

There was a certain breathlessness to how everything has been covered for the last couple of days, which is probably not unusual for a first inaugural, honestly. There's no shortage of things the media can be criticized for--I was curious to see what your specific complaints were.

You might consider chilling the absolute statements about what "those on the left" are or aren't capable of.
    That was in poor taste and I should respect you more than to include that.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (01-22-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Impossible to argue this point. Many are at fault and while trump may bear more than others he is almost the product of the environment for the last 20 years.
    I think he is a bit more than a "product of the environment." He is a unique figure. Unique is his coarseness. Unique in the number of lies he tells. Unique in his narcisism. Unique in his megalomania. I'm a conservative Republican. And I think it is rather obvious that putting this guy in the White House was an act of madness. Akin to Caligulia appointing his horse to the Senate.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (01-22-2017)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    And let's not make this to be an innocent error. The intent of this reporting was to further fuel the division in this country by race and galvanize the base even more so.
    Exactly. You shouldn't have a job reporting on the White House if you don't comprehend the repercussions of the words you publish in the world you live in.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I think he is a bit more than a "product of the environment." He is a unique figure. Unique is his coarseness. Unique in the number of lies he tells. Unique in his narcisism. Unique in his megalomania. I'm a conservative Republican. And I think it is rather obvious that putting this guy in the White House was an act of madness. Akin to Caligulia appointing his horse to the Senate.
    I think when the dust settles on this transition people will see that this administration will not be radical and will begin on a path that will help Americans.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I think when the dust settles on this transition people will see that this administration will not be radical and will begin on a path that will help Americans.
    Brilliant answer. Wrong question.

I don't think any of us can say what course he will settle on. But what is clear because it is right there in the front of us if we care to look is what kind of human being he is.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

Would you have preferred Hillary?

She would had beat anyone else

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post

I've challenged many of my republican friends and family to do the following:

When someone questions/attacks DJT answer, your defense cannot be based upon the alternative option.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Brilliant answer. Wrong question.

I don't think any of us can say what course he will settle on. But what is clear because it is right there in the front of us if we care to look is what kind of human being he is.
    These are the comments that I don't understand. Trumps rhetoric was a campaign strategy. People act like trump is so much different than everyone when in reality many people engage in behavior that he has been accused of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

i don't think much of Hillary. But in the end I voted for her.

I disagree with your last sentence. I think anyone else would have beaten her. There were a number of very competitive Senate races in states like Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina. For the most part the Republican in those races ran ahead of Trump. An indication that a "generic" Republican would have done better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

I disagree with your last sentence. I think anyone else would have beaten her. There were a number of very competitive Senate races in states like Florida, Pennsylvania, North Carolina. For the most part the Republican in those races ran ahead of Trump. An indication that a "generic" Republican would have done better.
    I think you are dismissing the enthusiasm that Trump brought. Those senate races were so close because of the turnout.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

I'm not sure of your last paragraph. Trump was the aggressor against Hillary and all her numerous scandals. I think that helped him win. It Kept all her lies in the press. Other than Chris Christie, the rest of the nominees were bland. i Don't think they would had been as aggressive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I'm not sure of your last paragraph. Trump was the aggressor against Hillary and all her numerous scandals. I think that helped him win. It Kept all her lies in the press. Other than Chris Christie, the rest of the nominees were bland. i Don't think they would had been as aggressive.
    also just about every poll showed Kasich and even Cruz doing better against her

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Referencing polls from this last election seems kind of silly to me. And once the liberal machine unleashed on Cruz or kasich who knows what would have happened.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    In May.