Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: More apeaceful Protesting in Baltimore

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    How's Baltimore unsafe? They have strict gun laws there.
    brilliant

as usual, more guns would solve this problem i guess [MENTION=41]Krgrecw[/MENTION], right?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    No one should have to live like this IMO. Very depressing that the people and govt of Baltimore are letting this happen.
    Ivermectin Man

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (05-29-2015)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    brilliant

as usual, more guns would solve this problem i guess [MENTION=41]Krgrecw[/MENTION], right?

Yeah. Damn the NRA. Our cities need stricter Gun laws like they have in chicago to stop violence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Yeah. Damn the NRA. Our cities need stricter Gun laws like they have in chicago to stop violence.
    brilliant
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    brilliant
    I thought the anti-gun argument was that if guns are hard to obtain that violence will subdue yet Chicago and Baltimore have strict gun laws? So is the war on guns a crock like the war on drugs?

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    So is the war on guns a crock like the war on drugs?
    Yes

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acesfull86 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (05-30-2015), thethe (05-29-2015)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I thought the anti-gun argument was that if guns are hard to obtain that violence will subdue yet Chicago and Baltimore have strict gun laws? So is the war on guns a crock like the war on drugs?
    In short yes.

If someone wants a gun bad enough they'll find a way. Now unlike drugs, I'm against full legalization of firearms. I think law abiding citizens should be allowed to carry sidearms, I have no problem with that even a little. But I don't think felons, mentally unstable, etc. should be able to be armed. If they want ot pay black market price they will. Also need to make gun violations way stricter. Like murder with an illegal gun is automatic life without parole, no sentencing hearing.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    In short yes.

If someone wants a gun bad enough they'll find a way. Now unlike drugs, I'm against full legalization of firearms. I think law abiding citizens should be allowed to carry sidearms, I have no problem with that even a little. But I don't think felons, mentally unstable, etc. should be able to be armed. If they want ot pay black market price they will. Also need to make gun violations way stricter. Like murder with an illegal gun is automatic life without parole, no sentencing hearing.
    Do you want felons, mentally unstable, etc.. individuals to have access to drugs?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    are you under the impression that Chicago and Baltimore etc are in a bubble? do they have road check points before entering the city?

it is a crock. that killings etc keep happening and the biggest way to combat that from the right is "we need more guns" is a sick joke

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Jim Jefferies talking about Guns:

it's ****ing gold

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Do you want felons, mentally unstable, etc.. individuals to have access to drugs?
    Ideally no, but a felon on heroin is probably not gonna use heroin to rob someone, or kill someone.

Again it comes down to the core use of the substance, drugs are used to harm yourself. Indirectly you may harm others while being on drugs, but overall they're still just for harming you. Guns are used to kill things. That's the key differentiator between firearms and anything else. Be it drugs, alcohol, whatever. Do I think it would be kind of cool to have someone who's been busted multiple times for DUI to have something on their license that says do not serve to protect themselves and society? Probably but again they'd find a way. Better treatment will be the key.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    drugs are used to harm yourself.
    that just isn't true

15. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

Hawk (05-30-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    that just isn't true
    Yes it is. Sure you're getting benefits from it, but I"m strictly talkign abotu a wear and tear aspect. And before you get all philosophical talking about all the people involved in the illicit drug trade, I want to ban them which is the cas for the War on Drugs endiing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Yes it is. Sure you're getting benefits from it, but I"m strictly talkign abotu a wear and tear aspect. And before you get all philosophical talking about all the people involved in the illicit drug trade, I want to ban them which is the cas for the War on Drugs endiing.
    not trying to be philosophical etc

there are actual benefits for a lot of illegal drugs. which is the opposite of "drugs are used to harm yourself."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts

there are actual benefits for a lot of illegal drugs. which is the opposite of "drugs are used to harm yourself."
    Yes, I was addressing simple facts about negatives, downsides, etc.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts

Please explain the health benefits of cocaine or heroine.
    Last edited by Carp; 05-31-2015 at 01:59 AM.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

thethe (05-31-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I noticed that you took LSD off that list. Good.

Along the same vein, cocaine and heroin have medicinal and therapeutic value (this is what they were originally used for).

You are going to have a hard time trying to tell me any plant-based drug is naturally unhealthy, but even some of the synthetics have their uses (MDMA, the aforementioned LSD, etc).

If you think drugs are bad in and of themselves then you are buying into propagandic bull****.
    Last edited by Hawk; 05-31-2015 at 07:31 AM.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

goldfly (05-31-2015)

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I noticed that you took LSD off that list. Good.

Along the same vein, cocaine and heroin have medicinal and therapeutic value (this is what they were originally used for).

You are going to have a hard time trying to tell me any plant-based drug is naturally unhealthy, but even some of the synthetics have their uses (MDMA, the aforementioned LSD, etc).

If you think drugs are bad in and of themselves then you are buying into propagandic bull****.

I have no problem with cocaine but LSD Is tricky. A lot of people shouldn't touch that. It's ruined a lot of people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    Please explain the health benefits of cocaine or heroine.
    Good to know you really never looked into drugs

Cocaine: Leaves of the coca plant (Erythroxylum coca) have been used as a stimulant in South America for thousands of years. The drug derived from coca, cocaine — popularly known as coke, blow or Bolivian marching powder — has been credited with a range of health benefits.
    Cocaine can be used as a topical anesthetic for surgical procedures due to its rapid-acting numbing properties. When combined with other compounds into a preparation called TAC, cocaine can also treat minor skin lacerations, since the drug is an effective vasoconstrictor (narrows blood vessels).
    Dr. Andrew Weil, founder and director of the Arizona Center for Integrative Medicine, has studied coca's gastrointestinal effects among South American communities. "If you look carefully at the coca leaf's molecular array, you find 14 bioactive alkaloids … while cocaine acts as a gut stimulant, other coca alkaloids can have precisely the opposite action. They inhibit gut activity," Weil wrote in the Huffington Post.
    "During my time in Andean Indian communities, I collected many reports about whole coca's paradoxical, normalizing effect on bowel function, and experienced it firsthand, as well," he wrote.

-------

Heroin, as you may know, is an opiate, a class of drugs commonly used as painkillers (heroin itself is actually much more effective than morphine, working its magic in about two or three minutes). The National Health Service (NHS) in Britain recommends giving it to people in extreme pain, people in surgery and women in labor.

That's right -- the NHS, which is made up of medical professionals who have each read at least one book, gives heroin to pregnant women. The women are given an injection of it to help with the contractions as they blast their progeny out with vagina propulsion. Because the child is on its way out of its mother's body, the one-time use doesn't do any damage and doesn't cause dependency, although the newborns won't stop crying until the doctors put on a Miles Davis record.

As for you, you could get some methadone, but if you really need it, the doctors will just straight up give you heroin for your trouble. You see, some addiction treatment centers give out medical heroin to addicts who don't respond to methadone, with the idea of keeping them safe and off the streets while simultaneously weaning them off of the china white dragon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I have two friends that have passed away after kicking cocaine habits and getting clean. In great health, in their 30-32 age range just having a cardiac arrest at home... Sober.

So I'd have to question the validity of anyone saying cocaine is good for ones system. Pretty taxing on the ticker I've gathered. And trying to sell gut regularity and topical anesthetic as a plus when there are dozens of other less impactful alternatives is .... Less than a total positive IMO.
    Last edited by Tapate50; 05-31-2015 at 10:38 AM.
    Ivermectin Man

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Carp (05-31-2015), Garmel (05-31-2015)