Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Allegra Kirkland
    ‏Verified account @allegrakirkland
    6m6 minutes ago

A Holocaust remembrance event in Arkansas this weekend

was interrupted by a group of neo-Nazis carrying swastika flags

and shouting that “the Holocaust didn’t happen but it should have.”
    (Watch this)

That's disgusting and sad and racist that there are people who think that way in 2019.

We are very fortunate it is just the lunatic fringe and not the mainstream position of any party

2. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

acesfull86 (05-13-2019)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Hey guys...that world ending in 12 years thing.

That was a joke.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    She said the real tragedy of the holocaust was her people being displaced. Prove me wrong.

You just accept antisemitism now sonce thats what your overlords tell you.
    I think said that it gave her some measure of solace that the displacement and disinheritance of her ancestors gave solace to the Jewish people, who were being killed and persecuted elsewhere, but that she thought it would be best for both to be able to live in security and freedom.

It was clumsily expressed and, honestly, I don’t think she should have opined on the Holocaust at all. But it’s not what you’re suggesting.

Criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitic. Advocating for self-determination for Palestinians is not anti-Semitic. Some anti-Zionists are anti-Semites. Some are not. Many are, in fact, Jewish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I think said that it gave her some measure of solace that the displacement and disinheritance of her ancestors gave solace to the Jewish people, who were being killed and persecuted elsewhere, but that she thought it would be best for both to be able to live in security and freedom.

It was clumsily expressed and, honestly, I don’t think she should have opined on the Holocaust at all. But it’s not what you’re suggesting.

Criticism of Israel is not anti-Semitic. Advocating for self-determination for Palestinians is not anti-Semitic. Some anti-Zionists are anti-Semites. Some are not. Many are, in fact, Jewish.
    Also the deeply anti-Semitic treatment of Soros has amongst its most committed practitioners people who are Jewish. Not just thethe. The people who started the whole Soros is a Nazi thing are right wing Jewish political operatives: George Eli Birnbaum (whose grandfather was shot by the Nazis) and Arthur Finkelstein.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rban-netanyahu
    Last edited by nsacpi; 05-13-2019 at 02:37 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Hey guys...that world ending in 12 years thing.

That was a joke.
    My assumption is that people who say **** like this know perfectly well what the 2030 IPCC recommendation for emissions is all about, and are just using it as a cudgel against AOC, which either dumb or similarly dishonest people will repeat. If they don’t, or don’t care to take 10 minutes to learn...well, I’d wonder whether it’s better to be intellectually dishonest or dumb and incurious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I don’t think they are being intellectually dishonest

They are just being dishonest
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    AOC has it good... never has to be factually correct (and conveniently rarely is)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    AOC has it good... never has to be factually correct (and conveniently rarely is)
    Trump has set a fine precedent in that regard...no one has ever been more factually challenged...he is the greatest by far

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Trump has set a fine precedent in that regard...no one has ever been more factually challenged...he is the greatest by far
    I've often said AOC is the left's mirror version of Trump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    she qualified the 12 year comment by referencing the UN study that predicted 12 years
    You can look it up or be " dumb and incurious. "

Curious who here has read the UN report that gets so much comment ?
    And checked or cross checked their "data"
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I've often said AOC is the left's mirror version of Trump
    not really...Trump is in a different universe...

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Wow, thats some gymnastics for someonr who has stated trump said nazis were very fine people.

Lets just ignore a large portion of the Muslim world was allied with Hitler and shared similiar ideology.

Keep making excuses for what is an obvious issue with the left presently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Also the deeply anti-Semitic treatment of Soros has amongst its most committed practitioners people who are Jewish. Not just thethe. The people who started the whole Soros is a Nazi thing are right wing Jewish political operatives: George Eli Birnbaum (whose grandfather was shot by the Nazis) and Arthur Finkelstein.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rban-netanyahu
    How dare we hold soros accountable for his words!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    How dare we hold soros accountable for his words!
    Roseanne Barr had the decency to apologize...but not you

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Roseanne Barr had the decency to apologize...but not you
    Because her livlihood was threatened. Luckily im not important.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    But lets continue to ignore his own words. Believe the propoganda spin.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Luckily im not important.
    easily the most true thing you have have wrote on this board

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Wow, thats some gymnastics for someonr who has stated trump said nazis were very fine people.

Lets just ignore a large portion of the Muslim world was allied with Hitler and shared similiar ideology.

Keep making excuses for what is an obvious issue with the left presently.
    I’m talking about what Rep. Tlaib said, the meaning of which is clear in context, not dragging this any further afield. How are you honestly interpreting it any differently? And how is it wrong for her to have complicated feelings about the expulsion, displacement, and continuing oppression of her forebears? An honest reckoning of the situation can acknowledge the whole picture, and hope for a resolution that respects all people and all faiths.

I’m not sure about gymnastics, but it seems like you do some pretty good twisting of your own when it’s pointed out that the nativist, nationalist, anti-immigration hardline that you take has a pretty big Venn overlap with white supremacists, racists, and anti-Semites. Hell, I’ve pointed out you posting tweets from white supremacists and holocaust deniers. You say, “well, they’re right about X.” Then you equate any qualms about the occupied territories or settlement policies with the most extreme elements who might also hold those positions. So, are you asking for deference when you’re not willing to extend it to others? That seems like gymnastics to me. You’re complimentary of these European lite-fascists, when, like, part of their whole deal is blatant anti-Semitism. But they hate and scapegoat Muslims, too, so I guess you’re cool with them.

I’ve pointed out several times that Jewish Americans have long been on the forefront of the American left. The labor movement, the civil rights movement, etc. As I’ve intimated, there are many, many Jews who are anti-Zionist, and many more who might not go that far but who are appalled at the rightward lurch in Israeli politics over the last couple of decades. Those folks are not anti-semites, nor are their Gentile colleagues. Anti-semitism is a real and pernicious force, here and elsewhere, and I think we could all do ourselves a favor by being honest about where and how it intersects our politics.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts

I’m not sure about gymnastics, but it seems like you do some pretty good twisting of your own when it’s pointed out that the nativist, nationalist, anti-immigration hardline that you take has a pretty big Venn overlap with white supremacists, racists, and anti-Semites. Hell, I’ve pointed out you posting tweets from white supremacists and holocaust deniers. You say, “well, they’re right about X.” Then you equate any qualms about the occupied territories or settlement policies with the most extreme elements who might also hold those positions. So, are you asking for deference when you’re not willing to extend it to others? That seems like gymnastics to me. You’re complimentary of these European lite-fascists, when, like, part of their whole deal is blatant anti-Semitism. But they hate and scapegoat Muslims, too, so I guess you’re cool with them.
    It's amazing to me these congresswomen are basically in the news every week with a controversial comment, and yet each time you've managed to sweep it away.

But to your point quoted above, I'm sure you've taken interest in David Duke's praise of both Omar and Tlaib.