Thread: low IQ married couple loses custody because of low IQ

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts

low IQ married couple loses custody because of low IQ

Figured this was worth a thread. I'm on the fence on this one.

A couple who claim they lost custody of their two young sons because of their ‘limited cognitive abilities’ are fighting back.
    An American couple who claim they lost custody of their two young sons because of their ‘limited cognitive abilities’ are fighting back.

Amy Fabbrini, 31, and Eric Ziegler, 38, had their first child, Christopher, removed from their home about four years ago, shortly after he was born.

Fabbrini says Christopher was taken by the state after a friend accused Ziegler of “not picking up on (the baby’s) cues.”

More recently, social services took away the couple’s newborn son, Hunter.

According toThe Oregonian, psychological evaluations provided by the couple test Fabbrini’s IQ at about 72, placing her in the “extremely low to borderline range of intelligence.” Ziegler scored about 66, placing him in the “mild range of intellectual disability.”

The average IQ for adults is between 90 and 110.

“They’re thinking that because we have this disability, we can’t safely parent out children,” Fabbrini told KTVZ in an interview.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    The state knows best.

I can't remember the prominent politician a couple years ago who actually suggested that the children DO NOT belong to the parents.

but - that rhetoric is so typical of the left that it's not even shocking any more

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (08-12-2017), cajunrevenge (08-03-2017)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    The state knows best.

I can't remember the prominent politician a couple years ago who actually suggested that the children DO NOT belong to the parents.

but - that rhetoric is so typical of the left that it's not even shocking any more
    Not just that "Teh Left" boogeyman—plenty of Straussian neocons feel similarly, once they get down to it. It's quite Platonic, after all, if you perform a much-too-literal reading of Plato.

I actually think it's an interesting question, to what extent a child "belongs" to anyone. We frequently debate when "life" begins (conception, birth, an arbitrary mark in between—or even the nineteenth trimester, maybe?), but when does self-determination begin—when does a child "belong" to itself?
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

goldfly (08-03-2017)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    In my part of the country they just make them shop at Wal-Mart a whole lot and then they take pics of them and put on those "make fun of those people" websites.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,759 Posts
    The state knows best.

How do you feel about social services (the state) removing children from homes of abuse, neglect, and drug addicted parents?
    Forever Fredi

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    How do you feel about social services (the state) removing children from homes of abuse, neglect, and drug addicted parents?
    They intervene when needed. The parents are at fault though. It's someone else's fault for sure.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,759 Posts
    Wut
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...use/362836001/

I dont recall how much I have posted about it in the past but I have a deep seated hatred of CPS too. Government beuracrats given way too much power and rarely held accountable for abusing that power. Here is a story about Arizona. Their CPS is out of control. Over 18k kids taken from their family. Studies have shown that removing a child from their biological parents harms the child significantly in all cases except if they are being sexually abused or the most extreme physical abuse.

This article highlights a case where a CPS worker takes a couples 2 year old after a neighbor called police on them for arguing loudly. You know, because arguing loudly is domestic violence according to CPS. They also used drug abuse 10+ years in the past despite the parents passing drug tests. The child was abused from the start and when the parents tried reporting the abuse they were **** on. They blamed her saying she was harassing the foster parents. When the child would kick, scream, and wet herself when being brought back to her abusers after visits with her parents they blamed this on her parents. Long story short the child was raped, beaten, and was burned over 80% of her body. The CPS act as prosecutors for the biological family and defense attorneys for the foster parents. Of the 42 families the newspaper talked to 11 reported abuse while in CPS foster care. Thats 25%. CPS claims abuse only happens in 1.2 % of foster homes which is absurd. They often refuse to investigate reports of abuse by foster parents while taking kids from parents for the slightest thing. One extreme example is CPS taking the child of Barry Cooper because he is a former cop who advocates against the war on drugs. The CPS said he was teaching his kid the government was bad as the excuse for taking his kid. Not long after he fled the country.

What gets me the most is that no one is held criminally accountable. I get **** happens but you have to prosecute the people whose negligence ruined a childs life. There was no legitimate reason for the child to be taken which makes the person who took the child criminally responsible for that childs safety. Take a child from an abusive home and the foster parents do bad things then I can understand. CPS is 100% a tyrannical government overstepping the authority. I would estimate 20-25% of kids removed from their homes are done so legitimately. Its also why I wont have kids. I am not a violent person but CPS would take my child over my dead body.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,728 Posts
    The state knows best.

Wont be long till they start taking kids for "perpetrating gender sterotypes" , "using he and she instead of gender neutral terms", and any number of other ridiculous ****. Some people will think I am exaggerating but the PC police are real and its only going to get worse. Any day now I expect a story about CPS taking a child because their parents dont support gay marriage and that will be framed as teaching their kids hate.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,780 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Wont be long till they start taking kids for "perpetrating gender sterotypes" , "using he and she instead of gender neutral terms", and any number of other ridiculous ****. Some people will think I am exaggerating but the PC police are real and its only going to get worse. Any day now I expect a story about CPS taking a child because their parents dont support gay marriage and that will be framed as teaching their kids hate.
    Any micro-aggression will be a crime

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    We need to stop the lefts coup of america.