Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evergreen State College

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

Evergreen State College

Just catching up from 3 weeks of travel, so apologies if this was discussed...

but holy **** the future of this country is ****ed. What is wrong with people.

The war on free speech is aggressive and frightening

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Tucker Carlson does a great segment every now and again about these types of Free Speech issues.

Progressives have taken over key institutions to brainwash the population.

We are effed and our only chance is to ensure these instances are called out for their absurdity.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I was watching the congress hearings on it earlier today... So far have watched Shapiro and Coralla... both have alarming stories and make good point.

The left has lost their minds.

Need to order them some playdough so they don't murder me

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Gotta blame Obama on this...

Oh wait...

Forever Fredi

5. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-02-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I was watching the congress hearings on it earlier today... So far have watched Shapiro and Coralla... both have alarming stories and make good point.

The left has lost their minds.

Need to order them some playdough so they don't murder me
    The coralla piece was straight and to the point. Perfect sense.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Gotta blame Obama on this...

Oh wait...

Like I said in another thread - when the opportunity comes up, everyone will pay the proper lip service.

But this is the ultimately the culture we have created by telling everyone how special they are and creating the entitlement generation. Then sprinkle in a little "everyone who doesn't vote democrat is a racist, homophobic, sexist, bigot" and voila. You get a bunch of kids who like to burn down cities in the name of peace and equality

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Like I said in another thread - when the opportunity comes up, everyone will pay the proper lip service.

But this is the ultimately the culture we have created by telling everyone how special they are and creating the entitlement generation. Then sprinkle in a little "everyone who doesn't vote democrat is a racist, homophobic, sexist, bigot" and voila. You get a bunch of kids who like to burn down cities in the name of peace and equality
    Mmmm. Always love false equivalency.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Mmmm. Always love false equivalency.
    I am not sure how anything I said would qualify as a "false equivalence"

Just merely explaining why I think we have this violent anti-speech culture on college campuses

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    I am not sure how anything I said would qualify as a "false equivalence"

Just merely explaining why I think we have this violent anti-speech culture on college campuses
    Well you're pretty much insinuating it's the "Left" that created this culture.

I'm fairly certain the liberals here like jpx, julio, myself are pretty against what these anti-free speech college kids are trying to do. I still have yet to see anyone on the right take credit for Donald Trump's language on the campaign trail and some of his language that continues today. Some of that language promoted violence and bigotry.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts

I'm fairly certain the liberals here like jpx, julio, myself are pretty against what these anti-free speech college kids are trying to do. I still have yet to see anyone on the right take credit for Donald Trump's language on the campaign trail and some of his language that continues today. Some of that language promoted violence and bigotry.
    There's not a person in this country who would say they're NOT against these anti-free speech college kids.

Lip service.

Here we are. We have it. Anyone with a conservative opinion on colleges is a racist.

And yeah - I'm insinuating that this is a creation of the left. Why? Well because, 90% of this **** is from the left.

Remember, they had to have playdough after Trump won.

Remember, they orchestrate "day without whites" day...

Those aren't being organized by the college republicans/libertarians

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (08-02-2017)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts

A cursory search of this website actually shows that, indeed, I was the first person who complained about the Evergreen State case, a full two months ago.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

14. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (08-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I think its well passed time that the SJW movement be listed as a terrorist and hate group. This is all a result of the ultra liberalization indoctrination that goes on in public schools. There is a conspiracy to influence public policy by using public schools to indoctrinate people when they are young. One example are guns. The goal in schools right now is to stigmatize guns so when they grow to voting age they will vote to extremely strict gun control.

These SJW arent going away. They are only going to gain more and more voting power. Within 50 years we will be putting people in prison for criticizing Islam. Its already happening in other western countries. We arent going to win this if there are not changes to the indoctrination going on in public schools.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

Jaw (08-03-2017)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Just catching up from 3 weeks of travel, so apologies if this was discussed...

but holy **** the future of this country is ****ed. What is wrong with people.

The war on free speech is aggressive and frightening
    My facts may be a bit dusty as I did all my research on this after the Vice report came out and haven't looked back since.

1. This isn't a war on free speech. This is a college who can make whatever rules they want. If they want to force students to dress like the Pakistan and Indian border guards they can. You don't have to go there.

2. This is the ultimate privaledge school and has been since it's inception. No grades, no degrees, so on so forth. If you need evidence that this is a joke school, their mascot is a clam.

3. The teacher had the right to free speech and used it and this is how he dealt with the consequences. Rather than dealing with his peers and administration he went to the national TV circuit. Last I heard he was going to file a lawsuit suing the school. Doesn't exactly sound like someone who's making the right choices knowing his environment.

4. To emphasize the last article I read was a shared one on facebook of him considering suing the school for 3.8 million. Which as I recall a pillar of the right is stopping wrongful lawsuits.

5. This shouldn't be a thing. It's entitled kids crying about things not being fair and an entitled teacher crying about things not being fair. All sides suck in this case.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

18. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

57Brave (08-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    These SJW arent going away. They are only going to gain more and more voting power. Within 50 years we will be putting people in prison for criticizing Islam. Its already happening in other western countries. We arent going to win this if there are not changes to the indoctrination going on in public schools.
    Please step away from r/thedonald. It is the only thing good for your health.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    It wasn't a full 2 months ago. #gotcha #fakenews #pizzagate

21. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-03-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts

There are certainly several liberals here who have common sense and can rationally discuss things using their own thoughts, instead of quoting the standard party line or @lolgop. For example, I do my best to read everything jpx posts because he is a thoughtful and articulate conversationalist.

I think sturg is just expressing a level of frustration with college culture that is becoming more prevalent on the Right. Progressive universities are nothing new, but a combination of their increasing radicalism, social media, and a non stop news cycle have amplified that frustration. It is a common belief and fear that the culture wars are over, won by the Left via college and social media indoctrination of millennials.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    There are certainly several liberals here who have common sense and can rationally discuss things using their own thoughts, instead of quoting the standard party line or @lolgop. For example, I do my best to read everything jpx posts because he is a thoughtful and articulate conversationalist.

I think sturg is just expressing a level of frustration with college culture that is becoming more prevalent on the Right. Progressive universities are nothing new, but a combination of their increasing radicalism, social media, and a non stop news cycle have amplified that frustration. It is a common belief and fear that the culture wars are over, won by the Left via college and social media indoctrination of millennials.
    No. Reality is that this **** goes in waves and reacts. The general direction a population goes is liberal because that's what happens in a free society. But there are big pushes and pulls one way then the other, after the 60s counter culture there was a big 70s Nixonian backlash and then a big Carter backlash before a big 80s NeoCon resurgence. Those ways died and then a different landscape took over, one of the moderate democrat which brought forth some social change while still tailoring to the money.

The reality is that money is what controls everything. The culture wars and what have you are just ways for certain groups of money to seize power.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I think its well passed time that the SJW movement be listed as a terrorist and hate group. This is all a result of the ultra liberalization indoctrination that goes on in public schools. There is a conspiracy to influence public policy by using public schools to indoctrinate people when they are young. One example are guns. The goal in schools right now is to stigmatize guns so when they grow to voting age they will vote to extremely strict gun control.

The story I read the other day about kids being arrested on campuses for handing out copies of the constitution to protesters.

They literally spent a night in jail for handing out our nation's founding document

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The story I read the other day about kids being arrested on campuses for handing out copies of the constitution to protesters.

They literally spent a night in jail for handing out our nation's founding document
    The left doesn't believe in the Constitution.

Its been proven time and time again by their actions.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts

Yeah, it's shocking when you read about it from one side of the coin.

http://daily.kellogg.edu/2017/06/22/...tions-lawsuit/