Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Thread of Pachemonium

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    i'll throw pache's early MiLB stats away when he shows they should be thrown away.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-09-2018), Southcack77 (05-09-2018)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    I wasn’t saying he was like Ozzie. I said he has the tools to be another star like Ozzie. Defensive wizard who is no slouch with the bat. I think his power will come
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    To be fair, he did say a 55 FV hit tool which is what Fangraphs had him at. So his statement was true, depite me disagreeing with him.
    I just told him to take it easy. I didn't say he was wrong.

Fangraphs thinks he's a generational defender. Their projection is that he'll be a very valuable MLB player even if he never becomes an average MLB player. But they think he has the potential to be average or better and that he has a possibility of being much better than that. That's makes a really valuable prospect, but his Acuna potential as a hitter is pretty unlikely.

That's why I think being happy with Inciarte+ production is reasonable position to take.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I wasn’t saying he was like Ozzie. I said he has the tools to be another star like Ozzie. Defensive wizard who is no slouch with the bat. I think his power will come
    I'm just saying he's not a natural comparison to Ozzie, because Ozzie was NEVER a slouch with the bat. Ozzie has in fact been fairly dominant with his bat for his entire career (including in MLB), minus a little time in AAA at 19.

Just like he's not a natural comparison to Acuna, for the same reason.

IF you make that comparison, the assumption on the other end is going to be an offensive value that Pache has no demonstrated thus far.

Maybe his defense does put him on a similar level of prospect status, but those aren't natural comparisons to me.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,370 Posts
    Well this went downhill fast.
    Coppy

7. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (05-09-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    LOL

It's like watching the three stooges argue.

Thanks for the morning chuckle guys!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,326 Posts
    Welcome to the internet.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    1. In a relatively insignificant sample.
    2. Acuna's stat line as a hitter bear no semblance of similarity to Pache. Acuna was a much better hitter, showing much more power, at an early age than Pache.

I hope his "poor mechanics" have been solved and he's great now. Let's take a look at the end of the season and see how he progressed.

I'll be pulling for you to be correct.
    I wasn't comparing them one on one, but so far he's made a huge jump and some (including me) were laughing at Acuna getting a fast promotion last year out of A+ due to the issues that were there for him there. I'm doubting we see the same thing but so far, my thinking that Pache's finally breakout is this year is correct and I'm not making the same mistake I made last year when Pache does go to AA in saying it might be a mistake.

AA has said "I won't rush guys" but based on what we've seen so far, we're likely 2 weeks, maybe even less of Pache continuing this to him going to AA. As he's not as aggressive, but he already surprised me with Kyle Muller going to A+ (which fwiw, I think is a mistake for it to be that early, but I don't run an organization).
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    LOL

It's like watching the three stooges argue.

Thanks for the morning chuckle guys!
    I just have fun and dream. Baseball is an escape for me. Fandom, by definition, is irrational. You are rooting for people you have no connection with (in most cases) in something over which you have no control.

I know the likelihood of Pache ever being an All-Star, much less a perennial All-Star, is slim. I know Ronald will likely never be better than Mike Trout.

Fandom should be about fans being irrational together for the purpose of a common goal. It shouldn't involve absolute dicks like you ruining it for everyone. I have no problem with people arguing with my posts. I'm just having fun at the end of the day.

What I do have a problem with is your INCESSANT bullying, harassment, and abuse of thethe. I have a problem with you attacking the intelligence of other posters. I have a problem with you insulting entire regions of decent, hard-working people.

I mean, look at your signature. You are so insecure and pathetic.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SJ24 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (05-09-2018), Super (05-09-2018), thethe (05-09-2018)

Called Up to the Major Leagues SJ24's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    I wasn't comparing them one on one, but so far he's made a huge jump and some (including me) were laughing at Acuna getting a fast promotion last year out of A+ due to the issues that were there for him there. I'm doubting we see the same thing but so far, my thinking that Pache's finally breakout is this year is correct and I'm not making the same mistake I made last year when Pache does go to AA in saying it might be a mistake.

AA has said "I won't rush guys" but based on what we've seen so far, we're likely 2 weeks, maybe even less of Pache continuing this to him going to AA. As he's not as aggressive, but he already surprised me with Kyle Muller going to A+ (which fwiw, I think is a mistake for it to be that early, but I don't run an organization).
    Great post.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    What I do have a problem with is your INCESSANT bullying, harassment, and abuse of thethe. I have a problem with you attacking the intelligence of other posters. I have a problem with you insulting entire regions of decent, hard-working people.

He has to run others down so he can feel superior to them. It is pathetic.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    I just have fun and dream. Baseball is an escape for me. Fandom, by definition, is irrational. You are rooting for people you have no connection with (in most cases) in something over which you have no control.

I know the likelihood of Pache ever being an All-Star, much less a perennial All-Star, is slim. I know Ronald will likely never be better than Mike Trout.

Fandom should be about fans being irrational together for the purpose of a common goal. It shouldn't involve absolute dicks like you ruining it for everyone. I have no problem with people arguing with my posts. I'm just having fun at the end of the day.

i don't disagree with any of this. people are fans in different ways, and i know i'm definitely very optimistic very often, and wrong a lot because of it. but it's fun, and who cares about being wrong on how a player will end up? there's just no reason to take any of this that seriously as a message board poster.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post

I thought AA was going to slow the train down for a minute, but looks like nothing much has changed.

Muller was a little behind due to the late start, so I maybe see that one.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Anyway, if there's a lesson to be taught here, if Pache pans out down the road as a legit starter, it is indeed about how many more position player prospects pan out, even if it's not as stars, than pitchers.

Heck, even this year's team should show it. If Albies and Acuna continue to look like young stars and Swanson is at least an average regular, that's 3 of 3 (and some thought for a while that they were the true top 3 prospects in the organization...back in 2016). Even Camargo, who may not be a regular, looks like he's going to be useful as a bench player.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to GeorgiaGirl For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (05-09-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Welcome to ChopCountry.
    FIFY

20. The Following User Says Thank You to UNCBlue012 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (05-09-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Did it though? Were we mad or angry or disrespectful? I didn't sense we were.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts

I'm sorry Taylor.

Here. Hold this, and take it to daddy...

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Garmel (05-09-2018), thethe (05-09-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    You can't use an image from an OS that Little Taylor Swift is too young to have ever used!!

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    I'm sorry Taylor.

Here. Hold this, and take it to daddy...

I am looking at your last few posts to see if they contribute anything to the discussion beyond mocking someone else... Have to go back a ways...

27. The Following User Says Thank You to mfree80 For This Useful Post:

Garmel (05-09-2018)