Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 38464748495058 ... LastLast

Thread: HRC

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    But don't you think African-American expectations for Obama are similar to what the expectations are for Trump from several sectors of those who voted for him? Obama could only deliver what Congress allowed him to pass and the Pelosi/Reid Congress had a lot of pent-up demand for some pretty loony programs that were included in the stimulus package. I think one can argue about Obama's placing health care reform at the top of his to-do list, but even in that, African-Americans benefited greatly from the Affordable Care Act and being assured health care coverage. After 2010, everything went dead because there was no way the Republicans were going to help him out at all and anything he would have done that centered on the African-American community would have been derided as cynical identity politics.

I think Trump can do a number of things that would help those in the lower economic strata of all races, but anything that tilts urban in its focus is going to be put under great scrutiny by Republican congressional caucuses with a phobia about urban centers.

As per not pursuing criminal charges on Hillary: (1) probably less there than talk radio believes, and (2) concentration on the Clinton Foundation would only increase interest in the operations of his own foundation.
    On the surface yeah, but think about it, all talk, no substance. If you don't have a job or bringing jobs in your community or talking about helping, it is a moot point. I am one of those blacks that demand action and I demand it from Trump. Talking to Johnson from BET was a good start because Mr. Johnson called him out and if Trump wants to make headway in the black community he needs to listen to him. Mr. Johnson also said that Obama basically ignored him and us in a round about way and was hoping Clinton would just took notice and she NEVER did.

As I said on my other board and the praise I have, a lot of people think I should work for Trump to bring the black community in the forefront in conjunction with our other issues. I told them I would not. I value being a dad and my kids need a father and not one shot dead because I am giving our people a chance.

I might toot my own horn but on this board and others people do listen to me and about my race because having close ties to Representatives and Senators is a good friend to have in a Black Caucus. The media will tell you what they want to tell you but behind closed doors it gets nasty. All you have to do is Google the Illinois same sex marriage issue that they failed to pass because of the Black Caucus and the efforts Obama tried to sway their minds, it was nasty. He promise them something they finally relented against their wishes and then he reneged on it.

This is why sHillary only got some of the black vote, they are not trusting Democrats either.

That is a good thing to me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Good article from the CENTER courtesy of Running.

Disclaimer: Goldie and 57 will disbunk this as it doesn't lean Left enough to be verifiable.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    On the surface yeah, but think about it, all talk, no substance. If you don't have a job or bringing jobs in your community or talking about helping, it is a moot point. I am one of those blacks that demand action and I demand it from Trump. Talking to Johnson from BET was a good start because Mr. Johnson called him out and if Trump wants to make headway in the black community he needs to listen to him. Mr. Johnson also said that Obama basically ignored him and us in a round about way and was hoping Clinton would just took notice and she NEVER did.

As I said on my other board and the praise I have, a lot of people think I should work for Trump to bring the black community in the forefront in conjunction with our other issues. I told them I would not. I value being a dad and my kids need a father and not one shot dead because I am giving our people a chance.

I might toot my own horn but on this board and others people do listen to me and about my race because having close ties to Representatives and Senators is a good friend to have in a Black Caucus. The media will tell you what they want to tell you but behind closed doors it gets nasty. All you have to do is Google the Illinois same sex marriage issue that they failed to pass because of the Black Caucus and the efforts Obama tried to sway their minds, it was nasty. He promise them something they finally relented against their wishes and then he reneged on it.

This is why sHillary only got some of the black vote, they are not trusting Democrats either.

That is a good thing to me.
    But one of the big problems is that jobs are moving out of the urban areas and into the suburbs, which is putting many African-Americans, Hispanics, and immigrants who have transportation challenges at an extreme disadvantage. We see that here in Minnesota with Republican opposition to pretty much all mass transit on principle, but it has centered in on the proposed Southwest Corridor Light Rail project that would run from Minneapolis to Eden Prairie. Employers--most of them Republican employers--are clamoring for the project, but state Republican leadership opposes it. The Obama administration tried to support these projects only to see them languish. Maybe Trump's infrastructure proposals will help with that, but if Obama had come forward with the same thing, it would have been shot dead by a Congress that not only opposed him, but seemingly wanted to destroy him. Hopefully Trump can be successful with his infrastructure efforts because industry will not be coming back to the urban core on a large scale.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    But one of the big problems is that jobs are moving out of the urban areas and into the suburbs, which is putting many African-Americans, Hispanics, and immigrants who have transportation challenges at an extreme disadvantage. We see that here in Minnesota with Republican opposition to pretty much all mass transit on principle, but it has centered in on the proposed Southwest Corridor Light Rail project that would run from Minneapolis to Eden Prairie. Employers--most of them Republican employers--are clamoring for the project, but state Republican leadership opposes it. The Obama administration tried to support these projects only to see them languish. Maybe Trump's infrastructure proposals will help with that, but if Obama had come forward with the same thing, it would have been shot dead by a Congress that not only opposed him, but seemingly wanted to destroy him. Hopefully Trump can be successful with his infrastructure efforts because industry will not be coming back to the urban core on a large scale.
    And you are right. Try getting 4 to 7 calls a day to me a minority from them with my skills and offering north of 120k a year for it. I don't want to move, but I tell my cousins in Minneapolis to go back to school, obtain those skills and you can start at 60k. They don't want to do it. They want a quick fix.

This is why I talk at UW-EC and UW-Stout and tell AA students that nothing will be giving to you, you have to earn it.

Democrats don't preach that. Obama wants to, but if he did, the party would lose more blacks.

Their nightmare is if Trump does what I ask of him, they will lose all the blacks. All this time they were taught that government will take care of them and if you want to be a Carlton Banks so be it.

My brother is one of the COO of Starbucks and he voted for Obama the second time because of the stock market, not because of Democrat or Black, it was best for his bottom line. Think about it.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    And you are right. Try getting 4 to 7 calls a day to me a minority from them with my skills and offering north of 120k a year for it. I don't want to move, but I tell my cousins in Minneapolis to go back to school, obtain those skills and you can start at 60k. They don't want to do it. They want a quick fix.

This is why I talk at UW-EC and UW-Stout and tell AA students that nothing will be giving to you, you have to earn it.

Democrats don't preach that. Obama wants to, but if he did, the party would lose more blacks.

Their nightmare is if Trump does what I ask of him, they will lose all the blacks. All this time they were taught that government will take care of them and if you want to be a Carlton Banks so be it.

My brother is one of the COO of Starbucks and he voted for Obama the second time because of the stock market, not because of Democrat or Black, it was best for his bottom line. Think about it.
    I think the biggest problem for the Democrats vis-a-vis the African-American community is that the new white hipster "urban pioneers" view themselves as post-racial and, as such, they don't really appreciate the difficulties faced by African-Americans, instead boiling all the problems down to racial prejudice (and there is a ton of racial prejudice, don't get me wrong) instead of zeroing in on the need for greater economic opportunity.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (11-23-2016), cajunrevenge (07-11-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I never had a problem with you.

You actually understand our plight.

Sorry I have not went to the cities this past year but I will try in my earnest to hook up with you for a water at a restaurant of your choosing. We will probably have family from my wife's side and my side there. You will see all different political parties there.

I am having our family reunion in Wisconsin so it will be a glorious occasion and politics will probably be initiated by me for me to preach to them. It depends on Trump on how he address our issues for sure. I will have others from parts of this state and Minnesota to come speak as well. That is my plan.

As you can see, I am doing my part.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Good article from the CENTER courtesy of Running.

Disclaimer: Goldie and 57 will disbunk this as it doesn't lean Left enough to be verifiable.
    why would i have a problem with the Christian Science Monitor? that's a good source for news
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    why would i have a problem with the Christian Science Monitor? that's a good source for news
    Who?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Who?
    what didn't you understand?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    one more thing

Is this all they've found ?

Someone asked for a meeting

that was never granted
    oh shoot, wrong candidate
    my bad

I think the conversation quoted was page 22-23 or so.
    Worth a re read
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    The Real Hillary Clinton Conspiracy Is What Stuck Us With President Donald Trump
    The most royally screwed-over person in the history of American politics should be in the White House, right now.
    Michael Tomasky

07.13.17 1:00 AM ET

Wednesday morning, Donald Trump went back to the well, and he tried to change the subject to Hillary:

Not one of his most offensive tweets, but surely among the most pathetic. “May have gotten away with”? He’s accused her of everything short of homicide, most of the time with no evidence at all, and now he’s reduced to the conditional tense?
    Advertisement

Others were less tentative. Sean Hannity started out his interview with Don Jr. Tuesday night slamming us fake media types for totally ignoring the supposed huge scandal of the Clinton campaign coordinating with Ukraine last year, because they did it too, see, and it was even worse, and why aren’t the media all over that?

He was referring to a long Politico piece from back in January that told the story of a woman, Alexandra Chalupa, who was a consultant to the Democratic National Committee. Of Ukrainian heritage, she was quite naturally interested all things relating to Russia and her home country, including the doings of Paul Manafort.

It’s a long and complicated story, but ultimately one that alleges nothing more than that some Ukrainian politicians and Ukrainian figures in America supported Clinton and opposed Trump and did and said things, normal things, to promote their preferred outcome. Chalupa researched Manafort’s Russia connections. She told Politico that she “occasionally shared her findings with officials from the DNC and the Clinton campaign.” There is no time frame on this, and no discussion of what “occasionally” meant. In any case, Chalupa, identified in news stories as “Ukrainian-American,” presumably was and is (unlike Natalia Veselnitskaya) an American citizen, doing research in her private time.

And that’s it. She didn’t email Chelsea Clinton dangling dirt on Trump sourced to the Ukrainian government. Chelsea did not write back “I love it.” Chalupa did not get a resulting meeting with Chelsea, John Podesta, and Robbie Mook. And across all of Politico’s sprawling 2,500 or so words, there is no allegation that Ukrainian efforts to promote Clinton were coordinated in Kiev by the Poroshenko government, while the efforts to promote Trump and to damage Clinton were of course run directly out of the Kremlin.
    Gee, other than all that, Sean, they’re exactly the same.

Donald Trump’s fortunes will wax and wane, Sean Hannity’s ratings will go up and down, and the Republican Party will see good days and bad. But one thing will never change: They’ll beat up on Hillary until the day she dies. After, actually. They’ll decide she didn’t leave enough to charity. Or left too much. Whatever. It will always be something.

And in the press at least, outside of a few columnists, Clinton won’t have many defenders, because the fashionable thing is always to bash her, too. And of course, she and Bill have made their mistakes. Both Clintons were way too insensitive to the appearances of their actions, like how much money they were making. And as I’ve written many times, I think she decided to use a private server because she put her distrust of those out to get her (like Judicial Watch) ahead of her obligation to public transparency. It doesn’t matter that Colin Powell used a private server, too. The press loved Colin Powell. They didn’t love her.

So yes. A person of flawed judgment. And the whole thing about not having a strong enough economic message turns out to have been true, too.

But honestly. Who outside of the committed right can watch what we’ve been watching and not think, Gee, I guess it would be better if she were in the White House? Because along with 90 percent of this town, I feel pretty sure we still haven’t seen the half of it. This monster has about 96 feet, and there are many shoes left to drop. This is likely to end in humiliation not just for Trump and his wretched family, but for the United States.

I’m sure that like me, you wake up some mornings and don’t know whether to be enraged or depressed or amused, or you hear the words “President Trump” on the radio and still sometimes wonder how the $@&# did that happen? Well imagine how Hillary feels. She was the target of the biggest coordinated campaign attack, stretching from the Kremlin to Julian Assange’s sitting room, in the history of American politics. She got zonked by Jim Comey 11 days before the election in a move that was totally without precedent in the history of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. And both of these after a quarter-century smear campaign that alleged everything up to and including murder but that never actually proved—and I mean proved, not “proved” to the satisfaction of millions of people who’d been worked into a state of rage against her over two decades—a single thing of importance that she did that was wrong or unethical. And still she got 3 million more votes.

Three emails marked classified on her server. Three. About things like talking points for a call with the president of Malawi. And two of those may have been marked in error. And that was her great crime? For that, we have to live through this?

She’s the most royally screwed-over person in the history of American politics. She should be in the White House, right now. And she’d have been good. Maybe not great. They wouldn’t allow that. We’d be having impeachment hearings underway already, I assure you, over far smaller matters than the things we know the Trump family has done. That would be rough, but I know this much: She wouldn’t be suddenly discovering that health care is complicated, she wouldn’t have her son-in-law on the White House staff and in charge of Middle East peace, and she wouldn’t be an international embarrassment. The free nations of the world wouldn’t be trying to find ways to work around the United States of America.

That Trump is sitting in that office and not her is a tragedy. And what are we to do if, someday, we learn it was also a crime?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,735 Posts
    Pretty sure just about everyone in Washington is guilty of being a part of a criminal conspiracy of one form or another. I cant blame a man for trying to get his hands on dirt on his opponent when offered to him. Hillary would have just sent a goon that cant be traced back to her.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    Pretty sure just about everyone in Washington is guilty of being a part of a criminal conspiracy of one form or another. I cant blame a man for trying to get his hands on dirt on his opponent when offered to him. Hillary would have just sent a goon that cant be traced back to her.
    And that goon would have mysteriously been found dead a week later. Cause of death suicide jumping out of a window.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Trump is right. Clinton was held to a very different standard during the campaign and would likely be treated differently as president, too. Let us count the ways.
    Demeanor

Clinton was repeatedly criticized for smiling too little and then smiling too much during presidential debates, despite demonstrating competence and logic around policy. Male pundits and politicians said her raised voice during speeches came off as “shrill.”

Trump, meanwhile, aggressively interrupted Clinton during debates and launched childish insults at his opponents. He made bizarre facial expressions while other candidates spoke, criticized the face of a female candidate, referred to the size of his penis in a primary debate and served up word salads that revealed very few details about his policy positions. But in the end, she was the one who struggled to be “likeable” enough.
    Trust

Throughout the election, polls consistently showed that more voters viewed Clinton as “dishonest” than viewed Trump that way, despite the fact that Trump lied twice as much. Fact-checking website PolitiFact evaluated 203 of Trump’s statements and 226 of Clinton’s and concluded in July 2016 that although fewer than a third of Clinton’s were “mostly false” or worse, a full 71 percent of Trump’s statements were untrue. But up until election day, the public struggled to trust her while apparently accepting his lies and falsehoods as just part of his overall eccentricity.
    Scandals and lies

Both candidates had scandals. Both were accused of crimes. But the voters and politicians who brayed for the imprisonment of Clinton, chanting “lock her up” because she used a private email server as secretary of state, were not chanting “lock him up” when more than a dozen women accused Trump of sexual assault. Trump even bragged on tape that he had groped women’s vaginas without consent, and then-Senator (now Attorney General) Jeff Sessions questioned whether the action Trump had described was a crime.

Trump then invited three women to a presidential debate who have accused former President Bill Clinton of sexual assault ― as if Clinton should be held as responsible for her husband’s actions as Trump should be for his own.

While Clinton never managed to escape coverage of her email scandal, nothing Trump did during the campaign, no matter how shocking, seemed to stick in voters’ minds. Clinton’s emails overshadowed the entire election, whereas Trump had so many scandals that none was ever able to define him, according to an analysis by researchers at Gallup, Georgetown University, and the University of Michigan.

But Clinton’s “scandals,” by all measures, are not even in the same league as the scandals now plaguing the Trump administration. Federal investigations into her use of a private email server as secretary of state ― a mistake that arguably cost her the election ― have so far resulted in no criminal charges or revelations of corruption beyond her admission that she used her personal phone for state business. Republicans also spent years and millions of dollars investigating her role in the Benghazi attack ― at one point grilling her on the subject for 11 hours ― without turning up any new evidence of wrongdoing.
    What now?

One can only imagine how Republicans might treat Clinton ― and how the public would perceive her ― if evidence turned up that her campaign tried to collude with a hostile foreign government to tip the election in her favor and then lied about it.

Meanwhile, more evidence implicates Trump’s campaign of doing exactly that, and his supporters either refuse to believe it or simply don’t care. Multiple members of Trump’s administration and campaign team have repeatedly been caught lying about their interactions with officials from Russia ― a longtime rival of the United States ― and his son has now revealed he was trying to collude with the Russian government to help him win. On top of that, the president allegedly tried to squash a Federal Bureau of Investigation probe of his former national security adviser, and then he fired the man in charge of that investigation ― which legal experts predict will lead to a felony charge of obstruction of justice.

Trump’s lies are so frequent and egregious that The New York Times compiled a comprehensive list of them. And still, his supporters don’t care.

Trump’s son changed his story several times before finally releasing an email chain showing that he agreed to meet with a Russian lawyer with the understanding that the Kremlin was trying to help Trump’s campaign. But the president ― who coined the nickname “crooked Hillary” ― responded by tweeting that his son is a “high-quality person,” and a Republican senator said the scandal is not “relevant” to the Trump administration.

So yes, it’s fair to conclude that Hillary Clinton would be held to a different standard as president ― the same double standard that lost her the election.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    I think the biggest problem for the Democrats vis-a-vis the African-American community is that the new white hipster "urban pioneers" view themselves as post-racial and, as such, they don't really appreciate the difficulties faced by African-Americans, instead boiling all the problems down to racial prejudice (and there is a ton of racial prejudice, don't get me wrong) instead of zeroing in on the need for greater economic opportunity.
    All the while gentrifying neighborhoods... Got to have those lattes and organic food choices. #lovingthecity #lovewins #justsaynotobigots #passmemydoubleipawouldyoumybeardedsocialistbuddy #coexisttolerance
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 07-13-2017 at 12:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Michael Cohen‏ @speechboy71 23m23 minutes ago

"Daddy, why do we have a president who doesn't know how the government works?"
    "Well there was a woman & she had a private email server ...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    HRC should've just done what she always does. Get people to commit suicide that are threats to her.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Is it a dead horse when amother person just recently 'committed suicide'?

Also, how ironic that you of all people would pot that image.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Is it a dead horse when amother person just recently 'committed suicide'?

Also, how ironic that you of all people would pot that image.
    But wasn't this one a Repub informant?