Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: SATURDAY FINAL 7/22 ... Maitan Get First HR; Fla. wins in 15

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Home runs per fly ball (and here I'm not talking about fly ball %) is one of those things a pitcher has some control over. Certainly more than control over BABIP. But not a lot of control like strikeout and walk rates. So it occupies an intermediate place in my assessment of a pitcher. Home runs per fly ball is something that does regress significantly to the mean if it is unusually high or unusually low. So I'm not too worried that Sims has had a high home runs per fly ball rate in AAA. He will give up his share. But if he limits the walks and is striking out a lot of hitters, he's got a good chance to be effective at the major league level.
    I was joking about Julio last night. I for one hope he gets the next call up, but for some reason he gets the shaft almost every time. He is the only prospect in AAA to not get a MLB chance yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    I was joking about Julio last night. I for one hope he gets the next call up, but for some reason he gets the shaft almost every time. He is the only prospect in AAA to not get a MLB chance yet.
    I think it has been good for Sims to stay in AAA. He's shown improvement from the start of the year but has also had some ups and downs. Only in his last five starts has he shown signs of putting it all together. I don't like to see prospects rushed. I think they should show some extended success at the upper levels before being called up to the majors.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Don't get lost on Sanchez and Gohara... those guys were top notch too. Also if Touki has found something, watch out.