Page 50 of 58 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1145

Thread: Discussion of Braves 2018 Offseason plans

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    glad this dumb org didn't give heyward $22M+ per year the way a smart org. did. pays to be dumb!
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    glad this dumb org didn't give heyward $22M+ per year the way a smart org. did. pays to be dumb!
    Solid side step....another tactic used by folks who don't know what they're talking about.

Now go look at what the Dodgers did with Bellinger. Look up what they are doing with Verdugo and Buehler. Take a peak at how the Astros are handling Tucker. Get back to me about how the smart teams treat their premium assets.

I'll wait...

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,867 Posts
    Braves know better than most about FA's crapping the bed as soon as they get here. I don't think it makes a organization dumb if a player falls off the map in their prime.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (02-27-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    yes me having a different opinion than you means i don't know what i'm talking about. it's also fine to call guys up when they earned it. but really, if we're not going to compete, why not just keep them down all year? basically no FOs think like you - not even the apparent geniuses at the white sox.
    There it is! The straw man argument! You've completed the trifecta of invalid debate tactics in the span of about 5 posts! You mastered the side step, the slippery slope, and the straw man!

Well done sir! You are a dynamic moron!

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I’m sure you made good points, but I’m reccing this purely for the gif.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

zitothebrave (02-27-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Well done sir! You are a dynamic moron!
    this from the guy who whines about others starting it lol. you are trump indeed.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Solid side step....another tactic used by folks who don't know what they're talking about.

Now go look at what the Dodgers did with Bellinger. Look up what they are doing with Verdugo and Buehler. Take a peak at how the Astros are handling Tucker. Get back to me about how the smart teams treat their premium assets.

I'll wait...
    we were talking about sub-optimal moves, right? i'd say that's more sub-optimal than the swanson mistake.
    you frequently praise the white sox FO. so was moncada a mistake? sub-optimal?
    my point was every org does it. but you're shaq at the line too often.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    this from the guy who whines about others starting it lol. you are trump indeed.
    Aaaand another statement that isn't correct. You're on fire!!

I said I call stupid people stupid, as evidenced here. The issue I brought up was that others take it way past that when they use homophobic, sexual and bigoted insults.

Keep up the derping though, it's amusing!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    we were talking about sub-optimal moves, right? i'd say that's more sub-optimal than the swanson mistake.
    you frequently praise the white sox FO. so was moncada a mistake? sub-optimal?
    my point was every org does it. but you're shaq at the line too often.
    Aaaaand another false statement!! You are on fire...lava hot!!

I praised the returns the White Sox got in their trades, and nothing more.

What nonsense statement can this mental midget come up with next? I can't wait to find out!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    I'll wait...
    I feel like we’re at the point where we’ve sufficiently relitigated the Braves’ mistakes with young players, and the folks who cannot now accept those moves as mistakes never will. For one, I’m hoping the new and current administration knows better; this spring and ensuing season should provide solid indication,

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Aaaand another statement that isn't correct. You're on fire!!

I said I call stupid people stupid, as evidenced here. The issue I brought up was that others take it way past that when they use homophobic, sexual and bigoted insults.

Keep up the derping though, it's amusing!
    you have the emotional intelligence of a complete moron. trump indeed.
    bro you're embarassing..do you ever smoke and regret how you conduct yourself?
    Last edited by Super; 02-27-2018 at 12:09 PM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I feel like we’re at the point where we’ve sufficiently relitigated the Braves’ mistakes with young players, and the folks who cannot now accept those moves as mistakes never will. For one, I’m hoping the new and current administration knows better; this spring and ensuing season should provide solid indication,
    i've stated swanson was a mistake. i disagree albies was. is this now somehow a fact one way or the other?
    you're better than to defend that little man tho.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    you have the emotional intelligence of a complete moron. trump indeed.
    bro you're embarassing..do you ever smoke and regret how you conduct yourself?
    Aaaand now the predictable shift to more personal attacks. Perfect!

All we need now is for someone to jump in with the homophobic insults, or something sexual, and we will have completed the full cycle!

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Aaaand now the predictable shift to more personal attacks. Perfect!
    lol there it is! whining about being attacked immediately after attacking.
    does your spouse read your work on here tho? i'm sure she'd be embarrassed for you.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    lol there it is! whining about being attacked immediately after attacking.
    does your spouse read your work on here tho? i'm sure she'd be embarrassed for you.
    You're getting closer. Just take that little leap into the homophobic or bigoted personal attacks and really finish this thread off!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    i've stated swanson was a mistake. i disagree albies was. is this now somehow a fact one way or the other?
    you're better than to defend that little man tho.
    Albies’ promotion is more debatable, but still likely suboptimal given the Braves’ contention window. But I’m not “defending” anyone—just trying to turn the page towards discussing the current administration.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    You're getting closer. Just take that little leap into the homophobic or bigoted personal attacks and really finish this thread off!
    Why is calling someone who simply disagrees with you a moron ok in your book? What's too far?
    the fact you do that is exactly why i say your emotional intelligence is low. it's just weird how much it upsets you.
    most topics in which someone says something that you disagree with end up like this. it's you, dude. you.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,137 Posts
    As I've said quite a few times (even if folks like super and clv can't grasp it), these moves taken individually aren't egregiously bad. They are sub-optimal, but they aren't insurmountable by any means.

The issue is that the sub-optimal move was mad EVERY time. The sheer number of those moves becomes insurmountable for a mid-market team like the Braves.

It's almost like the philosophy was, "always choose the move that sacrifices the most value...Braves Way".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,831 Posts
    On a purely rhetorical note, calling someone a moron is a suboptimal discursive strategy. Contrary to common wisdom, there are times when ad hominem isn’t strictly fallacious; but that still doesn’t mean it’s likely to yield good rhetorical results.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (02-27-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Albies’ promotion is more debatable, but still likely suboptimal given the Braves’ contention window. But I’m not “defending” anyone—just trying to turn the page towards discussing the current administration.
    "sub-optimal." sure. i'd say most moves most teams make are not absolutely ideal.