Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Braves sniffing around on Yelich, Realmuto

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    136 Posts
    If I'm the Braves I'm going after Yelich HARD! An OF of Acuna - LF, Inciarte - CF, Yelich - RF would be awesome!

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    137 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Wonder how much AA likes Dansby and if he could possibly be in this deal.

Im just spit-balling here.

Newk, Flowers, Markakis, Allard, Dansby, Soroka, and cash for Realmuto/Yelich.

Still would keep Wentz, Gohara, Anderson and Kyle Wright in said scenario.
    If I were the Marlins I wouldn’t even respond to that offer with a counter. They’re going to want a top 10 prospect for those 2. Not just some of our rejects and Allard and Soroka. A deal for them would have to include either Albies or Acura.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter31 View Post
    If I were the Marlins I wouldn’t even respond to that offer with a counter. They’re going to want a top 10 prospect for those 2. Not just some of our rejects and Allard and Soroka. A deal for them would have to include either Albies or Acura.
    If they're talking then Acuna probably isnt in the deal. So thats good. Albies i dont think would be in the deal, maybe he would but who knows.

Also considering they didnt get that much for Ozuna im not sure they're going to get as much as yall think. I thought they'd get much more for Ozuna and that didnt happen.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I do not want to trade Pache right now. If that kid hits even a little his defense will make him a 4 WAR player.
    Me either

I’m not sure I do it. I’m just saying you could.

If we get yelich we likely empty the farm. If we get realmuto too I’d think we’d make more moves.

IMO yelich loses some value in lf. I think if the get yelich and realmuto they look to move floers ender and Julio. Use those guys to restock the system at the a or high a level. Sign a lf, 3b sp.

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay212033 View Post
    If I'm the Braves I'm going after Yelich HARD! An OF of Acuna - LF, Inciarte - CF, Yelich - RF would be awesome!
    I'd put Yelich in LF since there is already an opening there. Then you can have Acuna replace Markakis in RF when they're ready to bring him up. Yelich was also at his best in LF for the Fish.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    Pache will take Enders place in 2 years. Ender is destined to be traded if Yelich is acquired IMO.

Braves absolutely love Pache. Lots of scouts think he can become a superstar type player.
    It's unlikely Pache will ever be a "Superstar" player. Even if he reaches his potential, you're probably looking at another Ender Inciarte or Billy Hamilton. Pache likely won't ever have more than average power at best and his hit tool (while extremely early) doesn't seem to imply he'll hit for a super high average either.

Pache should not even be a a factor in our decision whether to trade for Yelich or not.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

clvclv (01-04-2018)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    That means that Folty or Newk are being shopped.
    More likely it's JT being shopped.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    It's unlikely Pache will ever be a "Superstar" player. Even if he reaches his potential, you're probably looking at another Ender Inciarte or Billy Hamilton. Pache likely won't ever have more than average power at best and his hit tool (while extremely early) doesn't seem to imply he'll hit for a super high average either.

Pache should not even be a a factor in our decision whether to trade for Yelich or not.
    Pache has proven to be a far superior hitter at the same stage in their careers/age than Ender. Doesn't mean anything in the long run but there are quite a few scouts that believe Pache has a good deal of development left with his bat and its already in a decent spot for a 18 year old in A ball.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    Pache has proven to be a far superior hitter at the same stage in their careers/age than Ender. Doesn't mean anything in the long run but there are quite a few scouts that believe Pache has a good deal of development left with his bat and its already in a decent spot for a 18 year old in A ball.
    Far superior? Let's not get carried away here.

I have no doubt Pache could improve, but for now there are still major questions surrounding his bat and even if he were to dispell those concerns, he simply doesn't project to be an impact offensive player. It's very unlikely he'll hit for much power and his his hit tool doesn't suggest to be elite (ala Albies).

Inciarte or Hamilton appear to be his best case scenario, which is nothing to sneeze at, but far from superstar players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts

I have no doubt Pache could improve, but for now there are still major questions surrounding his bat and even if he were to dispell those concerns, he simply doesn't project to be an impact offensive player. It's very unlikely he'll hit for much power and his his hit tool doesn't suggest to be elite (ala Albies).

Inciarte or Hamilton appear to be his best case scenario, which is nothing to sneeze at, but far from superstar players.
    I thought he was projected to develop power. I could be way off though

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I thought he was projected to develop power. I could be way off though
    I'm sure he'll develop some power. He has a nice frame that could stand to add a few pounds of muscle. But with his swing plane, it's pretty unlikely he'll hit more than 15 homers on a regular basis. And if he does add muscle, he's likely to lose a step or so off his 70 grade speed.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

clvclv (01-04-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts

Pache is projected to gain quite a bit more power actually. Whether that translates into reality has yet to be seen, though, obviously. Most thought it would start this year and never did. Still his frame is much more impressive and conducive to power than Hamilton or Inciarte. Like not even on the same planet really. And yes at this stage in their careers, his hit too is more advanced than Inciarte's was. Sorry, that's a bad comparison whether he lives up to some, all, or even none of his potential. Hamilton is an awful comparison.

15 homers on a regular basis would be quite significant

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Yelich will be traded it’s just a matter of where.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Arrieta already has a 4/110 offer from the Cubs. Darvish will get more than that.

There is no way the Braves can afford either.

Whoever wrote that article is pretty clueless.
    Pretty sure it was Jon Morosi.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts

I'd be shocked if Pache isn't more than Hamilton if his power develops. His swing will need a minor adjustment in a concerted effort to get more lift but his hit tool is on a plane that is better than Ender's (and I say that with a healthy like for Ender's overall offensive approach).

I'm not going to bore you with that defense stuff. But IF Pache is needed in the deal, I'll be ecstatic for Yelich...but misty eyed about Pache.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    The question was asked in the early Yelich threads, but it is valid with Realmuto in the mix:

Is the trade easier to do if we take on Prado's salary for 2018?

I was trying to put the laundry list together of what I would take if I were Derek Jeter. Of course, he kicked Minka Kelly to the curb so I don't have a lot of confidence in his assessment of talent ...

See this deal taking Folty, Flowers, Camargo (or Swanson!), Pache, Toussaint, Cumberland or Jackson and I would also give up Anderson. I'd also try to slip them Markakis for the hell of it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Most of these trade suggestions aren’t even in the neighborhood of what it would take to get Yelich and Realmuto.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts
    I don't know what it would take. I think they've gotten back subpar returns on Stanton and Ozuna.

Assuming we'd be taking on salary, I think I'd offer Anderson, Allard, Pache, Camargo, and Minter.

Don't know if that gets it done... but don't think I'd be willing to trade Albies, Acuna, or Gohara

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Most of these trade suggestions aren’t even in the neighborhood of what it would take to get Yelich and Realmuto.
    Who do you think the Braves would need to add to the trade to do my suggested base deal, which was Yelich and Chen for Markakis. That would put Yelich at 99 mil over 5 years.
    thank you weso1!

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    The question was asked in the early Yelich threads, but it is valid with Realmuto in the mix:

Is the trade easier to do if we take on Prado's salary for 2018?

I was trying to put the laundry list together of what I would take if I were Derek Jeter. Of course, he kicked Minka Kelly to the curb so I don't have a lot of confidence in his assessment of talent ...

See this deal taking Folty, Flowers, Camargo (or Swanson!), Pache, Toussaint, Cumberland or Jackson and I would also give up Anderson. I'd also try to slip them Markakis for the hell of it.
    Atlanta would give up 2-3 of Wentz, Anderson, Wright, Allard, Soroka, Gohara, Newk and some more.