Page 547 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 474474975375455465475485495575976471047 ... LastLast
Results 10,921 to 10,940 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    It's a deeply held belief system. I'd think people of many faiths would hesitate at considering that a choice, given that it is typically considered a choice between salvation and damnation.
    If you wanted to you can change your religion. You can't stop being black (Sammy Sosa aside) or stop being white. Its a huge difference and should not be confused with the racism we saw for instance in this country for hundreds of years.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    this group has blanket hatred for all muslims. they don't try and hide it. and the president is legitimizing them and their views. this stuff has consequences, just not for white people. so i guess it doesn't matter.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    britain first is an absolutely appalling organization. apologetically racist and violent. and our president just endorsed them.
    Please explain how he 'endorsed' them?

The better term would be giving them exposure. But lets muddle this so it makes Trump look as bad as possible.

Here's a piece of news that you might not like to hear. A large percentage of the world is fed up with Islam and how easily it is used as a tool for radicalization. So while you watch your liberal bubble news networks tonight rail about how terrible the president is for retweeting. There will be millions of people that watch those videos and think how awful Islam is right now in Europe and the destabilizing impact that it is having.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    this group has blanket hatred for all muslims. they don't try and hide it. and the president is legitimizing them and their views. this stuff has consequences, just not for white people. so i guess it doesn't matter.
    White people can't be Muslim?
    Natural Immunity Croc

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    If you wanted to you can change your religion. You can't stop being black (Sammy Sosa aside) or stop being white. Its a huge difference and should not be confused with the racism we saw for instance in this country for hundreds of years.
    Again, if you believe in your deity of choice, that is not something many would consider to be a real choice. The issue with the ****ing President sharing these videos is that it will build upon the notion that Muslims are violent savages and could spark violence against innocent people, who are not going to change their belief systems the way one might choose to get an iPhone instead of an Android phone.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    "The tweet about the kid with the crutches is fake. The attacker in that video is not a migrant or a Muslim. The source of the video released a statement (in Dutch) just now.
    The statement essentially says that this is an old video of a Dutch guy hitting a kid with crutches. The attacker has already been found (with their help) and that it is not a Muslim or migrant, but a guy from Monnickendam in the Netherlands. Then it criticizes Trump for posting something that is false and posted by right-wing extremists."

inciting fear and hatred based on bull****. no problem here at all.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Again, if you believe in your deity of choice, that is not something many would consider to be a real choice. The issue with the ****ing President sharing these videos is that it will build upon the notion that Muslims are violent savages and could spark violence against innocent people, who are not going to change their belief systems the way one might choose to get an iPhone instead of an Android phone.
    The reality of the matter is that Muslims are more prone to being violent savages.

How many people were raised in a certain religon and aren't practicing anymore? tens of millions? Hundreds of millions? How many people are born black and are no longer black when they are older?

This is such a weak argument so that we can call the President a racist because it plays better than saying he is against Islam as a tool of hatred.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    The reality of the matter is that Muslims are more prone to being violent savages.

How many people were raised in a certain religon and aren't practicing anymore? tens of millions? Hundreds of millions? How many people are born black and are no longer black when they are older?

This is such a weak argument so that we can call the President a racist because it plays better than saying he is against Islam as a tool of hatred.
    So, because some people went on to not hold certain beliefs, it means that others should too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    "The tweet about the kid with the crutches is fake. The attacker in that video is not a migrant or a Muslim. The source of the video released a statement (in Dutch) just now.
    The statement essentially says that this is an old video of a Dutch guy hitting a kid with crutches. The attacker has already been found (with their help) and that it is not a Muslim or migrant, but a guy from Monnickendam in the Netherlands. Then it criticizes Trump for posting something that is false and posted by right-wing extremists."

inciting fear and hatred based on bull****. no problem here at all.
    This is totally shocking an unexpected. It's almost as if they just saw a brown dude and decided to have him fit an anti-Muslim narrative.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    So, because some people went on to not hold certain beliefs, it means that others should too?
    Not at all - It means that convoluting being against Islam and being racist is completely wrong. Islam is not a race so therefore being against Islam does not make you a racist. Being against a race is one of the most despicable things you can do because the person has no choice in that matter. If you are born in a religion of hatred and you decide to stay within that religion of hatred then I will gladly be against you because it is a choice
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Not at all - It means that convoluting being against Islam and being racist is completely wrong. Islam is not a race so therefore being against Islam does not make you a racist. Being against a race is one of the most despicable things you can do because the person has no choice in that matter. If you are born in a religion of hatred and you decide to stay within that religion of hatred then I will gladly be against you because it is a choice
    Fine, I concede that debating this with you is pointless as there is zero common ground, but is it not inappropriate for the POTUS to share these videos, given that he is essentially a mouthpiece for the US Government?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Fine, I concede that debating this with you is pointless as there is zero common ground, but is it not inappropriate for the POTUS to share these videos, given that he is essentially a mouthpiece for the US Government?
    I would agree with your second statement. Trump does loads of things that I think are stupid.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    it seems obvious to me that the issue of mental and psychological incapacity is the dominant operative one (as people like Tillerson, McMaster and Cohen seem to have noticed)...it will be interesting to see how long the base continues to discount it
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,782 Posts
    how else would a guy who was a prosecutor and DA be "weak on crime," and more weak than a child molester?
    Has this been proven, or have we auto-assumed guilt?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'd have to say at this point it's more likely that not that he had targeted underage girls. Not enough evidence to suggest putting him in a jail cell, but I'd be hard pressed to advise putting him in the US Senate.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    there is a pretty wide space between proof and auto assumption...imo the Moore case is quite a bit closer to the former

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

18. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (11-29-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    trump retweeting the video of the kid being beat up is literally fake news. it wasn't a muslim at all. he literally tweets out fake news while railing against it.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    This is totally shocking an unexpected. It's almost as if they just saw a brown dude and decided to have him fit an anti-Muslim narrative.
    they wouldn't do that tho. that would be xeno and islamophobic, which trump certainly is not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    they wouldn't do that tho. that would be xeno and islamophobic, which trump certainly is not.
    pic is the issue

poor impulse control

not a good quality in a president...or anyone for that matter

"I am your retribution."