Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TUESDAY MINORS FINAL 7/16/19; Muller anchors Miss. shutout

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Waters may have more offensive potential, though right now I definitely like Pache's numbers more. But I don't think there's any question whose defense is better. Kiley knows more than I do, but I am having trouble seeing Waters at the same level as Pache.
    Yeah, I like Pache's line this year better, but because BBs and Ks are slightly better and he has tapped into more HR power. Right now you have to say he's the better player if forced to rate their present situation.

Pache has reputation for all world defense and that certainly stands out if true, but I've always understood Waters to be a plus defensive CF as well.

I do hope that Pache is just accelerating into a really good hitter. If that's the case the Braves are really going to be set up incredibly well. By all accounts, Pache has a great makeup. The body has always looked like it should add power, so it could all come together.
    Last edited by Southcack77; 07-17-2019 at 09:54 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-17-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Yeah, but his BABIP has been unusually strong since he was drafted. I kind of wonder if he's trying too hard for power this year, with both K rate and BABIP going up. Or if he's being overly selective on what he swings at. Pitch recognition has never seemed to be a problem for him.

I just wonder if that is the natural adjustment in numbers that comes from hitting AA at 20 in your second full professional season. I do wonder whether those rates have improved or whether they will improve.

The BABIP is going to eventually do things to that .335 BA, but not sure winning the batting title is his only path to being really good. Adding some walks and power would be nice.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Southcack77 For This Useful Post:

Jaw (07-17-2019), jpx7 (07-17-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    I think pache is the better prospect bc he's supposed to be elite defensively and an above avg hitter to go with it. I think there's a good chance waters is a better hitter though in the end
    If his bat plays in a corner then Waters is a no trade.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    I do hope that Pache is just accelerating into a really good hitter. If that's the case the Braves are really going to be set up incredibly well. By all accounts, Pache has a great makeup. The body has always looked like it should add power, so it could all come together.
    Honestly, even if only one of Waters/Pache realizes most of their potential, we're going to be in incredible shape.

You would have your CF/RF/2B/SS/3B all playing well and on very team-friendly contracts. Then we will still have Freddie crushing for at least a few more years. At that point you only need to spend on a couple positions, and you should have plenty of money to do it. If both Waters and Pache can be major league starters, look out.
    "Acuna is getting lucky, just like CJ did when he batted .321 and won a batting title. He is unlikely to get lucky at the MLB level over an extended period of time. He will settle in around .300-.320 just like everyone else, and when he does, he won't be within shouting distance of the 1.000 OPS he is posting in AAA...more like low .700s in 2018." -Enscheff 8/25/17

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Honestly, even if only one of Waters/Pache realizes most of their potential, we're going to be in incredible shape.

You would have your CF/RF/2B/SS/3B all playing well and on very team-friendly contracts. Then we will still have Freddie crushing for at least a few more years. At that point you only need to spend on a couple positions, and you should have plenty of money to do it. If both Waters and Pache can be major league starters, look out.
    hmmmm

8. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-17-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Longenhagen just said in a chat that Waters would be his choice for fantasy purposes (offense only) over Pache, and it's "not close."
    obviously just means he thinks his bat will be better, but definitely interesting.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Longenhagen just said in a chat that Waters would be his choice for fantasy purposes (offense only) over Pache, and it's "not close."
    obviously just means he thinks his bat will be better, but definitely interesting.
    I respect that people will have different views of each, but I've not wavered in three years about Pache and his ability. I think he is number one on so many lists because he is now solid to above average in offensive ability to go along with defense that is other worldly. He's still my one and I have a great respect for what Waters will/can be. A and B I guess. Even in the rookie leagues, I loved how Pache took to all the instruction he's given. I think we have a great problem in Pache/Waters. I don't have any doubt that they will both be contributors at a very good level in the majors.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Deester11 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-17-2019)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Deester11 View Post
    I respect that people will have different views of each, but I've not wavered in three years about Pache and his ability. I think he is number one on so many lists because he is now solid to above average in offensive ability to go along with defense that is other worldly. He's still my one and I have a great respect for what Waters will/can be. A and B I guess. Even in the rookie leagues, I loved how Pache took to all the instruction he's given. I think we have a great problem in Pache/Waters. I don't have any doubt that they will both be contributors at a very good level in the majors.
    to be clear EL thinks pache is a better prospect. just that waters has a better future with the bat. i’m not as sold on waters’ bat but i know far less, but i’ll take pache’s numbers over waters’ this season. more progress being shown IMO. but these things can change quickly at these ages. i’m a big fan of both of them really.
    "Well, you’ll learn soon enough that this was a massive red wave landslide." - thethe on the 2020 election that trump lost bigly

“I can’t fix my life, but I can fix the world.” - sturg

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Super For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (07-17-2019)

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    to be clear EL thinks pache is a better prospect. just that waters has a better future with the bat. i’m not as sold on waters’ bat but i know far less, but i’ll take pache’s numbers over waters’ this season. more progress being shown IMO. but these things can change quickly at these ages. i’m a big fan of both of them really.
    I agree Sup. I've grown with Christian so I get biased at times. As rookies I posted about Cruz (Derian) and Pache. Cruz worked hard but Pache...man he was a man possessed. I'm partial but he's always been my guy. Waters...well if it weren't for Pache, he'd be it. I've seen him for two seasons and he's gifted for sure. On any day it could be either...