Thread: Official Give It A Rest thread

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts

Official Give It A Rest thread

For crying out loud.

Once the decision was made to keep Fredi on this winter, it was decided he would be the one to fall on the sword for these two seaons and it was going to be up to his furious underwater paddling (like Fredi the Duck, as it were) to keep the Braves afloat or in some semblence of the race.

The bullpen flip-flop this week is the best and clearest indication that the front office has its boot on his neck over any key personnel decisions. That's also why we're not likely to see more than one or two prospect promotions this season.

Come 2017, either he will prove himself to be Bobby 2.0 or the Braves will bring in someone and happilly send Fredi into his new job as scout in charge of Cuba.

Give it a freaking rest. I am sorely tempted to put just about anyone on that thread on permanent ignore.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rico43 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (04-30-2015), mossy (04-30-2015), Prikichi (04-30-2015)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I'm concerned that won't happen. That's my big fear. Bobby is part of th egood ol' boys and Fredi is his protege. Only way I can see Fredi not staying is if we bring in Yost.

Just lots of concerns I have with the front office. I hope they prove me wrong, I want the Braves to win, but long term things aren't looking amazing. If we go into FA and don't walk away with Jason or Justin we're really gonna be in trouble, cause the only way we can make our minimum payroll is taking on terrible contracts, and they're the only star players to hit FA over th enext 2 years. Only other good players who aren't really old or at a position we have no need in are Bruce, Blanco, and risk guys Trumbo and Fowler.

Seriously slim pickings coming up in FA. THis upcoming offseason will determine how big of a curmudgeon I'll be about this organization. A terrible one and I may go WIlbo on this team.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

Tomahawking4life (04-30-2015)

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    116 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    For crying out loud.

Once the decision was made to keep Fredi on this winter, it was decided he would be the one to fall on the sword for these two seaons and it was going to be up to his furious underwater paddling (like Fredi the Duck, as it were) to keep the Braves afloat or in some semblence of the race.

The bullpen flip-flop this week is the best and clearest indication that the front office has its boot on his neck over any key personnel decisions. That's also why we're not likely to see more than one or two prospect promotions this season.

Come 2017, either he will prove himself to be Bobby 2.0 or the Braves will bring in someone and happilly send Fredi into his new job as scout in charge of Cuba.

Give it a freaking rest. I am sorely tempted to put just about anyone on that thread on permanent ignore.
    Thanks for speaking up on this. The daily tirades about Fredi "costing" us games are tiresome, redundant and largely irrelevant.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to stpeteirish For This Useful Post:

57Brave (04-30-2015), clvclv (04-30-2015), mossy (04-30-2015), NYCBrave (05-01-2015), Prikichi (04-30-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Can this be the give it a rest thread for all things? Not just FG matters?
    Ivermectin Man

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

Knucksie (04-30-2015), mfree80 (04-30-2015), Prikichi (04-30-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Now that he's got Jace back as quasi starting 2b, I'm good to go with Fredi. Could give two craps how he strategizes (JPX word help) in game.
    thank you weso1!

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Can this be the give it a rest thread for all things? Not just FG matters?
    Including any mention of the Mukaki rebuild, flipping guys for top 50 prospects, and having no power. Those jokes have been beaten into the ground and were never very funny to begin with.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to seanyates For This Useful Post:

mfree80 (04-30-2015)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Everyone cares far too much. Just relax.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to NinersSBChamps For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-30-2015)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seanyates View Post
    Including any mention of the Mukaki rebuild, flipping guys for top 50 prospects, and having no power. Those jokes have been beaten into the ground and were never very funny to begin with.
    And the complaining about these things need to stop too. In fact, everyone should just stop posting because it's all irrelevant and just a rehash of the same things that are said year after year.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (04-30-2015)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Even when we were winning 90 games a season people were complaining.

So it's just worse because we aren't winning anytime soon.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Now that he's got Jace back as quasi starting 2b, I'm good to go with Fredi. Could give two craps how he strategizes (JPX word help) in game.
    For the most part I agree with this. Not taking Teheran out the other night when he hurt his knee is indefensible for me. Have to protect the player from the player (RG3).
    Natural Immunity Croc

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,269 Posts
    I'm concerned that won't happen. That's my big fear. Bobby is part of th egood ol' boys and Fredi is his protege.
    Honestly, this worries me too. It's certainly reasonable to argue that Fredi is just here to man the ship and keep everything from imploding as we get our teeth kicked in over the next couple years, but a reasonable assumption is still just an assumption. It would hardly be surprising to see 2017 roll around and Fredi manning the dugout in SunTrust because "it wouldn't be fair to Fredi" to make him handle the re-build without giving him a shot at a winning club.

And the other issue here is that if the two-years-and-ditch-'em plan really is what's going on right now...that's pretty dickish, assuming Fredi isn't in on it. I mean, I really don't care too much about Fredi's feelings or career prospects, but it's a pretty ruthless way of handling a loyal employee, and it doesn't seem to jive with the way Schuerholz and Hart perceive themselves and the organization.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadduxFanII For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (04-30-2015), jpx7 (04-30-2015), Tapate50 (04-30-2015)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduxFanII View Post
    Honestly, this worries me too. It's certainly reasonable to argue that Fredi is just here to man the ship and keep everything from imploding as we get our teeth kicked in over the next couple years, but a reasonable assumption is still just an assumption. It would hardly be surprising to see 2017 roll around and Fredi manning the dugout in SunTrust because "it wouldn't be fair to Fredi" to make him handle the re-build without giving him a shot at a winning club.

And the other issue here is that if the two-years-and-ditch-'em plan really is what's going on right now...that's pretty dickish, assuming Fredi isn't in on it. I mean, I really don't care too much about Fredi's feelings or career prospects, but it's a pretty ruthless way of handling a loyal employee, and it doesn't seem to jive with the way Schuerholz and Hart perceive themselves and the organization.
    Payback for Fredi abusing those bullpen arms

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,756 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Everyone cares far too much. Just relax.
    Do you ever read your posts? Especially about the 49ers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Do you ever read your posts? Especially about the 49ers?
    Hey man! Kap has a new throwing motion and is ready to dominate!!! DOMINATE!!!
    Natural Immunity Croc

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadduxFanII View Post

Can't argue with this, other than to say that if that indeed is the plan Fredi may very well know that's the case. Not exactly something you'd discuss publicly on either side. None of us know with any certainty that he may have been told he's being "graded" on the amount of improvement they see as he gets more talent between now and then and will only be retained if they think that improvement is acceptable and they think he deserves that shot. I personally don't think anybody's been keeping any secrets (whether they're being talked about openly or not) - he knows they're watching his decisions closely, not the results because the current players aren't good enough to make those moves work. He signed an extension but I haven't seen the terms mentioned anywhere publicly, and seriously doubt it was for longer than 2 years (which would end next season).
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    ummmmmmmm... as long as he manages, people are not going to show up and the bottom-line will be affected.

Just something for you to mull over.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

Braves1976 (04-30-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,408 Posts
    So you guys think an organization is going to go through this massive of a rebuild and hand the reins over to a new manager in the magical year 2017? That isn't going to happen. The reason we're complaining is because Hart "convinced" us to invest in this prized foal, and when it is time to finally see what it has at the races, Hart's going to shove a stiff undersized boot on each hoof.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalyn View Post
    So you guys think an organization is going to go through this massive of a rebuild and hand the reins over to a new manager in the magical year 2017? That isn't going to happen. The reason we're complaining is because Hart "convinced" us to invest in this prized foal, and when it is time to finally see what it has at the races, Hart's going to shove a stiff undersized boot on each hoof.
    Kind of like what the Cubs are doing with Maddon. Could happen. Hart will outmaneuver Bobby when the time comes.

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,829 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Could give two craps how he strategizes (JPX word help) in game.
    I think the term for which you're searching is "scategize".
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Swallowed by Mark Bowman
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    I think the term for which you're searching is "scategize".
    Mel approves:

30. The Following User Says Thank You to MadduxFanII For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (04-30-2015)