Page 919 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 4198198699099179189199209219299691019 ... LastLast
Results 18,361 to 18,380 of 22913

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I don't really mind it though I would probably be upset if thats how the Skins lost. They have 60 minutes to score more points than the other team then all they have to do is prevent a touchdown. Maybe, it's not ideal, but it isn't unfair.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    I don't really mind it though I would probably be upset if thats how the Skins lost. They have 60 minutes to score more points than the other team then all they have to do is prevent a touchdown. Maybe, it's not ideal, but it isn't unfair.
    Yeah but even if they do prevent a touchdown they are still at a disadvantage. After both teams possess, it's sudden death. Which obviously favors the team who wins the coin flip

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Overtime rules are fine. You give up how many straight scoring drives to end the game? Make a stop or quit crying. Your team is a joke and collapsed on the biggest stage. No overtime rule would have saved the Falcons.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Overtime rules are fine. You give up how many straight scoring drives to end the game? Make a stop or quit crying. Your team is a joke and collapsed on the biggest stage. No overtime rule would have saved the Falcons.
    Amazing that a fan of the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL that puts the BRowns to shame has any balls to talk trash.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I like the current format. I love that it was created by the NFL being salty about the Saints denying Favre then Superb Owl.

One format that interests me would be alternating offense for every play so it becomes a battle of field position.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Amazing that a fan of the biggest dumpster fire in the NFL that puts the BRowns to shame has any balls to talk trash.
    These are facts. Not talking trash. Pointing out the obvious.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts

I'm not talking specifically about this game... the rule in general is dumb. And "making stops" has nothing to do with it... Wasn't there a game that ended in like a 3-3 tie this year?

It's just a matter of making the outcome as fair as possible.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    These are facts. Not talking trash. Pointing out the obvious.
    Obvious like as in the Niners hired and fired Chip Kelly, which is only something a desperate moron would do.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to zitothebrave For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (02-08-2017)

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Obvious like as in the Niners hired and fired Chip Kelly, which is only something a desperate moron would do.

They are a joke. When have I ever denied this? York is the worst owner in sports. He has ruined a once proud franchise.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TURBO View Post
    sad, but gonna make it. Atl is good
    I see what you were doing there.
    Forever Fredi

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    I still have yet to hear one good reason for it. If you want to say the Falcons had 60 minutes to outscore the Patriots, so did the Patriots have 60 minutes to outscore the Falcons. Yes it wouldn't have mattered the other night because the Falcons were cooked anyway by then. I'm not blaming the loss on the rule. The old rule where you only needed a field goal is what put us in our first Super Bowl. But every other sport has equality in its overtime.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    If the Braves were the home team in Game 7 of the World Series and a sudden death run rule was in place, how would everyone feel if we lost the World Series without a chance to bat and answer?

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    If the Braves were the home team in Game 7 of the World Series and a sudden death run rule was in place, how would everyone feel if we lost the World Series without a chance to bat and answer?
    Not a fair comparison. You can can't score on defense in baseball.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Not a fair comparison. You can can't score on defense in baseball.
    Tell that to Bobby Cox

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Next rule change. Homeruns that are robbed are automatically 1 run to the defense.
    Forever Fredi

17. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (02-09-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    The Redskins have yet to address local radio personality Chris Cooley's recent suggestion that GM Scot McCloughan has been drinking again.

The annual dysfunction that plagued Washington for decades before McCloughan's hiring has resurfaced, most publicly when Cooley -- who works for the Redskins and Dan Snyder's radio station -- suggested McCloughan has resumed drinking after alcoholism led to his ousters in San Francisco and Seattle. Per the Washington Post's Jerry Brewer, McCloughan's power in the organization was always less than perceived, and team president Bruce Allen has far more say. "Even during good times," Brewer wrote, "Allen hasn’t liked that McCloughan is cast as a savior changing the culture of the organization and erasing the many mistakes of the past." McCloughan was not allowed to hire his own scouting staff and has been prohibited from speaking to the media. And at some point in the near future, it wouldn't be surprising if McCloughan were pushed out the door.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah "would not be shocked at all" if the Redskins and 49ers agree to a trade involving Kirk Cousins at the Combine.

Jeremiah isn't a typical Rotoworld source on the NFL side, but with draft season upon us, he has an ear to the ground and talks with numerous personnel people. He believes there's a "better than 50 percent" chance Cousins isn't a 2017 Redskin, and a deal sending Cousins to San Francisco, possibly along with the Redskins' No. 17 overall pick, in exchange for the 49ers' No. 2 overall pick is in the cards. Further, Jeremiah reports the Redskins still aren't sold on Cousins long-term. Washington seems intent on bungling an offense that had become one of the best in the league. Cousins would be a massive get for the rebuilding Niners.

Related: 49ers
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Looking at the Falcons free agents, I don't see where they have big holes. I see only really 2 key players hitting free agency.

So this leads me to what does Atlanta have to do this offseason

Thing 1 - Resign Trufant. He's in the final year of his deal, work to keep him for another 3 or 4 years. I'm sure we win the Superbowl if he's there because we always seemed just one corner short of truly shutting Brady down.

Thing 2 - Resign Hageman. Get some hit on this cap to lower the hit on later caps.

Thing 3 - Look at resigning Freeman. Right now he's making nearly nothing and maybe would consider signing a pretty friendly contract for effectively 3 years if he got paid now. I wouldn't say this is a super high priority though considering that runningbacks in the NFL just don't last.

Looking at the free agents that need ot be replaced in some way by cap hit

Babs - Would like to resign him if he's willing to stay around the same amount of money on a short deal. He was pretty solid overall last year and is worth it at around 3 million. But he's old. I wouldn't cry if he left.

Schaub - I wouldn't pay him what he was paid last year. If Ryan goes down the Falcons are largely screwed anyway. I'd find a backup for around 1M and go from there.

Worrilow - Interesting one here. From a depth/special teams perspective I see the value in him. But I don't really want to pay him any more than he's making now. ANd even then 2.5M for a part time player really isn't worth it.

Chris Chester - I'd like to resign him for around what he's making now. He's certainly worth 2-3M

Tamme - 1.6M - wouldn't keep him

Spoon - At 1.5M I would consider him a luxury considering he can't seem to stay healthy. That being said, I love his personality and lockerroom presence I'd offer him about half that to come back.

Weems - I'd offer him a deal worth what he's making now. He's worth it as a returner and I don't see anyone better than him available.

Freeney - if he'll come back for another 1/1 contract or even with a slight raise I say hell yes, he wasn't a stat star for us. But he was certainly a quality player.

Dimarco - Yup. Keep him. Good fullback. Resign him he won't cost too much.

I'd guess if we keep everyone we still have probably about 15M to play with after them and draft. Just a rough guess because there will be cuts I'm sure that free up cap space.

Looking at potential free agents and who intrigues me.

Eric Berry - Pipe dream, would be a one and done thing, and I'm sure the Chiefs will tag him. But dude is a legit stud,

Kawann Short - Another pipe dream as I assume Carolina would resign him but he's just what the Doctor ordered.

Martellus Bennett - Shouldn't cost too much, should be a very solid number 2 TE who may be a number 1. He'd eat up a chunk of available cap,

Jared Odrick - If he's willing to sign a show me deal. He's sucked the last 2 years, but he was good in the past.

Stefan Wisniewski - could be a valuable nubmer 1 backup at guard, or replacement for Chester if he prices himself out of Atlanta.

Jason Pierre Paul - Another kind of pipe dream, but his talent can't be denied and if the Falcons can sign him, teams should be worried facing him, Beasley, and Reed coming at them.

Nick Fairley and/or Charles Johnson on show me deals. Guys have the talent, but there are some heavy question marks with the 2 of them.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah "would not be shocked at all" if the Redskins and 49ers agree to a trade involving Kirk Cousins at the Combine.

Jeremiah isn't a typical Rotoworld source on the NFL side, but with draft season upon us, he has an ear to the ground and talks with numerous personnel people. He believes there's a "better than 50 percent" chance Cousins isn't a 2017 Redskin, and a deal sending Cousins to San Francisco, possibly along with the Redskins' No. 17 overall pick, in exchange for the 49ers' No. 2 overall pick is in the cards. Further, Jeremiah reports the Redskins still aren't sold on Cousins long-term. Washington seems intent on bungling an offense that had become one of the best in the league. Cousins would be a massive get for the rebuilding Niners.

Related: 49ers
    This would make me excited about this terrible team again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Looking at the Falcons free agents, I don't see where they have big holes. I see only really 2 key players hitting free agency.

So this leads me to what does Atlanta have to do this offseason

Thing 1 - Resign Trufant. He's in the final year of his deal, work to keep him for another 3 or 4 years. I'm sure we win the Superbowl if he's there because we always seemed just one corner short of truly shutting Brady down.

Thing 2 - Resign Hageman. Get some hit on this cap to lower the hit on later caps.

Thing 3 - Look at resigning Freeman. Right now he's making nearly nothing and maybe would consider signing a pretty friendly contract for effectively 3 years if he got paid now. I wouldn't say this is a super high priority though considering that runningbacks in the NFL just don't last.

Looking at the free agents that need ot be replaced in some way by cap hit

Babs - Would like to resign him if he's willing to stay around the same amount of money on a short deal. He was pretty solid overall last year and is worth it at around 3 million. But he's old. I wouldn't cry if he left.

Schaub - I wouldn't pay him what he was paid last year. If Ryan goes down the Falcons are largely screwed anyway. I'd find a backup for around 1M and go from there.

Worrilow - Interesting one here. From a depth/special teams perspective I see the value in him. But I don't really want to pay him any more than he's making now. ANd even then 2.5M for a part time player really isn't worth it.

Chris Chester - I'd like to resign him for around what he's making now. He's certainly worth 2-3M

Tamme - 1.6M - wouldn't keep him

Spoon - At 1.5M I would consider him a luxury considering he can't seem to stay healthy. That being said, I love his personality and lockerroom presence I'd offer him about half that to come back.

Weems - I'd offer him a deal worth what he's making now. He's worth it as a returner and I don't see anyone better than him available.

Freeney - if he'll come back for another 1/1 contract or even with a slight raise I say hell yes, he wasn't a stat star for us. But he was certainly a quality player.

Dimarco - Yup. Keep him. Good fullback. Resign him he won't cost too much.

I'd guess if we keep everyone we still have probably about 15M to play with after them and draft. Just a rough guess because there will be cuts I'm sure that free up cap space.

Looking at potential free agents and who intrigues me.

Eric Berry - Pipe dream, would be a one and done thing, and I'm sure the Chiefs will tag him. But dude is a legit stud,

Kawann Short - Another pipe dream as I assume Carolina would resign him but he's just what the Doctor ordered.

Martellus Bennett - Shouldn't cost too much, should be a very solid number 2 TE who may be a number 1. He'd eat up a chunk of available cap,

Jared Odrick - If he's willing to sign a show me deal. He's sucked the last 2 years, but he was good in the past.

Stefan Wisniewski - could be a valuable nubmer 1 backup at guard, or replacement for Chester if he prices himself out of Atlanta.

Jason Pierre Paul - Another kind of pipe dream, but his talent can't be denied and if the Falcons can sign him, teams should be worried facing him, Beasley, and Reed coming at them.

Nick Fairley and/or Charles Johnson on show me deals. Guys have the talent, but there are some heavy question marks with the 2 of them.
    Pretty good take. Similar to mine as well... I think they look at extending Ryan as well to minimize some cap hits. I'd see 17+ million available likely. Calais Campbell would be a monster addition in the middle. I wanted him way back during his draft year. I think we draft a DT\DE early, then OG in the second so I don't think we need to sign a FA unless its a bargain. I'd bring Chester back as quality depth.
    Ivermectin Man