Page 920 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 4208208709109189199209219229309701020 ... LastLast
Results 18,381 to 18,400 of 22913

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    This would make me excited about this terrible team again.
    As it should. The skins not paying up for Cousins last year was a mistake most likely.

No one really wants to be there long term it seems.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    NFL Network's Daniel Jeremiah "would not be shocked at all" if the Redskins and 49ers agree to a trade involving Kirk Cousins at the Combine.

Jeremiah isn't a typical Rotoworld source on the NFL side, but with draft season upon us, he has an ear to the ground and talks with numerous personnel people. He believes there's a "better than 50 percent" chance Cousins isn't a 2017 Redskin, and a deal sending Cousins to San Francisco, possibly along with the Redskins' No. 17 overall pick, in exchange for the 49ers' No. 2 overall pick is in the cards. Further, Jeremiah reports the Redskins still aren't sold on Cousins long-term. Washington seems intent on bungling an offense that had become one of the best in the league. Cousins would be a massive get for the rebuilding Niners.

Related: 49ers
    I personally think it's a terrible idea for both teams. May be slightly less terrible for Washington cause they are getting the No. 2 pick which they can spend on a QB, but I'm not a big fan of any of the QBs in this draft.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Pretty good take. Similar to mine as well... I think they look at extending Ryan as well to minimize some cap hits. I'd see 17+ million available likely. Calais Campbell would be a monster addition in the middle. I wanted him way back during his draft year. I think we draft a DT\DE early, then OG in the second so I don't think we need to sign a FA unless its a bargain. I'd bring Chester back as quality depth.
    I largely agree. I don't see a major hole in the starting lineup of Atlanta. THere are some holes depthwise. I don't know if GRaf is who I want backing up OT all alone. Ithink our guard/center depth is really good. WR we have 4 good ones. TE we need one. I'd probably consider re-signing Toilolo. We're losing no one at RB. Our 3 DL FA are good (Babs, Freeney and Upshaw) but all are replaceable if need be. We'll need some LB depth, as 3 of our 7 (including IR and practice) backup LBs hit FA. But that should be cheap to fill and I'm sure there will be a 3/4 pick used for that. WE're losing 2 safeties to FA, so we probably need one more for depth.

Overall Atlanta isn't bad off on paper for next year. It's why I don't mind going for a big signign like JPP or Berry if it will work and not hamper us long term. Like in my mind I dream of the impact that they'd have. Imagine if instead of Tyson Jackson you have JPP or if instead of Ricardo Allen you have Eric Berry. Add in that Berry was born just outside of Atlanta and it may be a draw for him.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I largely agree. I don't see a major hole in the starting lineup of Atlanta. THere are some holes depthwise. I don't know if GRaf is who I want backing up OT all alone. Ithink our guard/center depth is really good. WR we have 4 good ones. TE we need one. I'd probably consider re-signing Toilolo. We're losing no one at RB. Our 3 DL FA are good (Babs, Freeney and Upshaw) but all are replaceable if need be. We'll need some LB depth, as 3 of our 7 (including IR and practice) backup LBs hit FA. But that should be cheap to fill and I'm sure there will be a 3/4 pick used for that. WE're losing 2 safeties to FA, so we probably need one more for depth.

Overall Atlanta isn't bad off on paper for next year. It's why I don't mind going for a big signign like JPP or Berry if it will work and not hamper us long term. Like in my mind I dream of the impact that they'd have. Imagine if instead of Tyson Jackson you have JPP or if instead of Ricardo Allen you have Eric Berry. Add in that Berry was born just outside of Atlanta and it may be a draw for him.
    I don't think Berry gets out of KC.

No huge holes. Prefer OG and DT\DE in draft. Tyson Jackson can GIT, and I wouldn't mind Upshaw back. Babs is likely done, but a Falcon stalwart. Very nice career.
    Ivermectin Man

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I don't think Berry gets out of KC.

No huge holes. Prefer OG and DT\DE in draft. Tyson Jackson can GIT, and I wouldn't mind Upshaw back. Babs is likely done, but a Falcon stalwart. Very nice career.
    Considering cutting Jackson saves 2.6M off the cap, it's a virtual given he's gone.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    As it should. The skins not paying up for Cousins last year was a mistake most likely.

No one really wants to be there long term it seems.
    It is moreso the team not wanting to pay Cousins what he's asking for.....and to be fair, what QBs are getting. If they can trade him for a first round pick, I will personally drive him to his new destination.

Cousins reminds me a lot of the Matt Cassell situation. Beating crappy teams with a fantastic offensive system (and weapons) and nice looking stats. But, everytime the pressure gets cooked up Cousins turns into a midget.

Maybe Cousins goes somewhere and surprises me, but he will already be 29 when the season starts...how many more good years would he have if he's actually good (3-5?) Plus, he's a huge whiner.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts

Don't be surprised if Upshaw retires. I know for a fact he likely would have retired had you guys won the SB.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Considering cutting Jackson saves 2.6M off the cap, it's a virtual given he's gone.
    Earl Mitchell would be a strong replacement
    Ivermectin Man

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Earl Mitchell would be a strong replacement
    Is he that scrub the 49ers signed?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Is he that scrub the 49ers signed?
    Yep. They tossed him a good bit of money too.
    Ivermectin Man

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Yep. They tossed him a good bit of money too.
    7th highest annual salary for a 4-3 DT or something crazy like that for a guy I have never heard of.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    The franchise tags and early cuts are getting interesting. Berry got PAID
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    A lot of Redskins blurbs on rotoworld last night... and nothing positive
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    The franchise tags and early cuts are getting interesting. Berry got PAID
    As a Vols fan I'm extremely happy for him. As a a Titans fan, this really sucks cause the Titans have a ton of cap space and Berry would have been their top target.

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    Wait, what?????
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Wait, what?????
    I saw part of that, but I didn't see who the Cowboys might be getting in return. I am 99% sure this one won't happen but just in case it did, who might we be getting back?

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    I saw part of that, but I didn't see who the Cowboys might be getting in return. I am 99% sure this one won't happen but just in case it did, who might we be getting back?
    I'm about as certain as you are that this rumored deal will not happen. If it did, a draft pick from both teams would be the likely return for Dallas, IMO. Now, I'm dreaming here, but if somehow, some way, the Cowboys could get San Francisco's #2 pick, I would do a happy dance. Myles Garrett, Jonathan Allen, or Solomon Thomas would be a dream scenario. Again though, not likely to happen.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    I can't imagine there is any chance the Cowboys trade Romo to an NFC team, much less a division rival.

I'm betting Romo is either in Denver or Houston before the start of the draft. NYJ or Buffalo are also possibilities, though I'm not sure he'd agree to go there (if he has a say in the matter). Romo is looking for a ring, so he'll want to go to a team that is built to win now.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I can't imagine there is any chance the Cowboys trade Romo to an NFC team, much less a division rival.

I'm betting Romo is either in Denver or Houston before the start of the draft. NYJ or Buffalo are also possibilities, though I'm not sure he'd agree to go there (if he has a say in the matter). Romo is looking for a ring, so he'll want to go to a team that is built to win now.
    If they Cowboys want to get anything out of Romo they need to get him to redo (at least somewhat) his contract to try and get the cap hit this year down somewhat AND they need to get all of these teams who allegedly want him to start actually bidding for him. Right now most of what I"m hearing is that teams like Denver will go hard after him AFTER he's released. I for one am tired of seeing teams like Denver just sit back and wait for other teams to make bad decisions or necessary decisions and then they'll be happy to take something once it's free. If Romo will make his contract as "user friendly" as possible then maybe the Cowboys will get one of the other teams who need a QB to blink and offer a draft pick, because anybody who trades for him gets him and all the teams like Denver who wait to get him for nothing get exactly what they deserve IMO. Let's be honest here, if Dallas even gets a 4th rounder for him they'll be extremely lucky. I'd certainly like to see them get more but I think that's a pipe dream.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    So Kapernick says he'll stop kneeling for the national anthem. I'm sure that's all due to him being a free agent. I hope no one signs his ass and he ends up as one of those broke athletes down the road.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Krgrecw For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (03-06-2017)