Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Camp ends! Finals moves TBA for Opening Day.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    If the Braves trade Gohara for some salary relief and a BP arm with 1 year of control remaining....
    I sure hope they wouldn’t. Then again, John Hart is still employed. If Dayton is hired, what are the chances he overpays moose to play 3B?

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    To me....if Hart has been cleared of wrong doing (even though it proves he was clueless), I think that gives us a better chance of not getting kicked in the teeth quite as hard. If they find it was mainly two guys that were fired...hopefully they have a bit of mercy. The only (good) news about having the John’s around at this point...it’s likely they are friends with many high ups in baseball. They could very well be somewhat easy on the Braves (I can hope at least).

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    399 Posts
    Hart being cleared because of no knowledge of Coppy's action is far worse than being named as having knowledge of the illegal actions IMO. It proves that he is not a good leader and thus doesn't deserve to be in the FO. As a leader you designate authority but not responsibility. Hart is over all the place where the buck stops. More reason for McGuirk and Liberty to clear house of poor FO people.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DontStopTheChop View Post
    I sure hope they wouldn’t. Then again, John Hart is still employed. If Dayton is hired, what are the chances he overpays moose to play 3B?
    At this point, almost all scenarios are on the table. Intelligent organizational management is currently not the "Braves Way".

I could see the Braves taking almost any course of action, from mostly standing pat and only adding a BP arm, all the way to selling off major prospect assets and signing a couple large-ish FA deals to "win now".

How the Braves restructure the FO will have a larger long term impact than anything they have done during the rebuild. If they use this opportunity to modernize with bright men/women from outside the organization, they can move to the forefront of baseball ops departments. If they insist on back filling with more dinosaurs who are stuck living in the 90s, like GMDM, they will fall further behind the smartest teams in the game.

I am not optimistic.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Jacob Lindgren???
    The idea is both. You keep both. That's what rebuilding teams should do. Maximize your options. Save the service time.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Horsehide Harry For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (10-31-2017)

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    To me....if Hart has been cleared of wrong doing (even though it proves he was clueless), I think that gives us a better chance of not getting kicked in the teeth quite as hard. If they find it was mainly two guys that were fired...hopefully they have a bit of mercy. The only (good) news about having the John’s around at this point...it’s likely they are friends with many high ups in baseball. They could very well be somewhat easy on the Braves (I can hope at least).
    Hearing Braves will have to forfeit rights to all players currently in the AzFL.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    sounds like Hart's job may not be safe at all according to Bowman and DoB
    Get off my lawn!

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    Hearing Braves will have to forfeit rights to all players currently in the AzFL.

fake News!!!

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    From what I am reading, it seems as if Hart won't be back. Bowman is just the voice of the front office and has recently tweeted that the Braves are looking for someone to be President of Baseball Operations. Out of the candidates mentioned by DOB, I'm hoping for Ben Cherington even though Cherington did have his own international signing violations. I don't know much about Doug Harris but it seems like he is well respected around the league. However, he worked under Hart in Texas when Hart was the GM so if that means Hart stays as Pres of Baseball Ops, then count me out. I want a fresh start. A new voice. The game has changed so much since we were a powerhouse. We won't find another Bobby. I also want nothing to do with Hendry or Jennings.

This is what I am hoping for:

President of Baseball Ops: Ben Cherington
    General Manager: Jason McLeod
    Assistant General Manager(s): Adam Fisher and Billy Ryan

However, if Hart is forced out, I think we'll likely see Dayton Moore signed as President of Baseball Ops. He does seem to have the respect of many other front offices and it seems that others have enjoyed working under Moore. I must admit, that would be nice to have since we've apparently lacked that quite some time with Wren and Coppolella. But, I just hope that if Moore comes, he isn't given the GM title as well. If he is willing and able to bring in a top notch analytics guy such as McLeod or Cherington to serve as General Manager then I could absolutely get behind a Dayton Moore signing, even if he isn't my first choice. Just don't know how realistic that is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    What I expected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,048 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    I'm reading the Braves are looking for a new head of baseball ops which implies Hart will not remain in that position. It is entirely possible he's shifted to another role. The fact that the Braves haven't parted ways with him yet makes a position change more likely than a dismissal.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I'm reading the Braves are looking for a new head of baseball ops which implies Hart will not remain in that position. It is entirely possible he's shifted to another role. The fact that the Braves haven't parted ways with him yet makes a position change more likely than a dismissal.
    Although the official date of expiration on his contract isn't known (as far as I can tell). Assuming it expires "after the conclusion of the World Series" or the anniversary date of his hiring, he's not officially unemployed until November 22nd - the date his hiring became official in 2013.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Although the official date of expiration on his contract isn't known (as far as I can tell). Assuming it expires "after the conclusion of the World Series" or the anniversary date of his hiring, he's not officially unemployed until November 22nd - the date his hiring became official in 2013.
    I think they just aren't going to renew his contract and he isn't going to "work" for free. He just won't be brought back is the most likely scenario. I saw it written that after the conclusion of the YEAR was his contract term.
    Last edited by Tapate50; 11-01-2017 at 02:17 PM. Reason: Corrected contract term
    Ivermectin Man

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Motte and Dickey now officially off the 40-Man Roster.

Now at 39 including Lindgren, Dustin Peterson, and Demeritte by my count.
    Last edited by clvclv; 11-03-2017 at 10:50 AM.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,362 Posts
    what happened to Motte? did I miss something.
    Coppy

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    what happened to Motte? did I miss something.
    "Elected Free-Agency" according to the transactions page. Don't think they intended to offer him a contract anyway - just procedural (like Dickey).

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Santana and Lindgren activated from the 60-Day DL.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post

BOGUS ... Worthless attempt at humor. Please note this is a virtual troll move. Rico.

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    Armando Rivero released. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rico43 View Post
    BOGUS ... Worthless attempt at humor. Please note this is a virtual troll move. Rico.
    Thought the tongue in cheek was obvious. But glad you noticed after a week.