Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kyle Wright to Florida

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IslandBrave View Post
    Obviously can't handle the sons of former major leaguers.
    This legacy team is ridiculous

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    Wright done after 2. No hits no runs no walks one strikeout 29 pitches. Excellent debut in A+

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Full video (9 mins) of Wright's start...topped out at 97mph and damn that first four for Dunedin
    Bichette
    Vlad Jr.
    Biggio
    Pentecost

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to steveAKAslick For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (08-02-2017), bravesfanMatt (08-01-2017), clvclv (08-02-2017), Tapate50 (08-02-2017), weso1 (08-01-2017)

Lynchburg Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    not really, there were generally five agreed upon elite prospects, one of them was going to fall to 5 and Wright happened to be more expensive.

I would have been very happy to get any of Lewis, Green, Gore or McKay at #5.

Picking #6 would have been a kick to gut.
    The top 5 in this years draft looks really good. Way better than last years. Also, huge drop off from pick 5 to 6

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Wright hitting 96-97 in the 1st.
    Braves top pitching prospect....will likely be in Atlanta next year.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    Braves top pitching prospect....will likely be in Atlanta next year.
    I think so too. I wonder how it will be seen by braves fans or the prospects if he jumps Gohara, Allard and Soroka. But he's older and likely has thrown more innings. He's faced good competition. He might be the first guy up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Wright is a stud. I have no doubt he'll only spend a year in the minors. It's exciting to be a Braves fan right now with all the young talent coming. Then next year will be Markakis last year and Kemp the year after that. I wouldn't take on any more bad contracts if I were Atlanta I'd just let the ones we have run out so we can extend a bunch of these young guys once they get here and prove they're worth it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    I am very excited about Wright, but I'm not about to call him our #1 pitching prospect after a handful of innings in rookie ball and 2 innings in A+. I think he can be very very good, but let's pump the brakes just a little bit.

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    I am very excited about Wright, but I'm not about to call him our #1 pitching prospect after a handful of innings in rookie ball and 2 innings in A+. I think he can be very very good, but let's pump the brakes just a little bit.
    I'd imagine the excitement isn't limited to his small sample size as a Pro. He's got a couple darn good years at Vandy we can look at as well.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    I'd imagine the excitement isn't limited to his small sample size as a Pro. He's got a couple darn good years at Vandy we can look at as well.
    He's close to our best pitching prospect, but I can't consider him that right now with Gohara torching A+ and AA at 20 and Soroka doing what he's doing in AA at 19.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    He also had a real rough stretch we can look at and most people on here who are frothing over him barely saw him pitch, if any, at Vandy. He's up there, but I just think we need to wait and see him pitch at higher levels successfully before going ahead an anointing him.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    He also had a real rough stretch we can look at and most people on here who are frothing over him barely saw him pitch, if any, at Vandy. He's up there, but I just think we need to wait and see him pitch at higher levels successfully before going ahead an anointing him.
    I like to see a full body of work within the system and I'm happy I get time to see that. However, there are some prospects who show extreme talent, rare talent, or they are simply a cut above. I watch a little college baseball. The thing to like about Wright is that he makes adjustments and can apply them in-game. Really impressive. While he may have ascended to being in the argument for the number one pick, he was also highly thought of before going to Vandy. NOW......

all of that said, he'll have next year to stake his claim as the best pitcher in the system. Nothing bad about that right now. What the Soroka's, Gohara's, Allard's, etc., have done in the PRO system can't be understated. I think Wright is definitely in the discussion, but next year will be his calling card.