Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/27 GDT: Colorado Rockies vs. Atlanta Braves

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    dumb challenge and a stupid inning thus far
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    The statement you responded to said he would see playing time in the outfield. No kids in the outfield. If anything, it's good news for the don't promote Acuna crowd, which actually seems unlikely to happen at this point.
    You play Matt Adams in LF to try to build trade value. You play Lane Adams to see if he's your long term 4th OF. You play Jace Peterson to see if he can be your super utility guy before you have to cut him in the off season. You don't play Garcia unless you have no other choice (injuries). Now, maybe you play Garcia as an excuse in case someone questions why you don't bring up Acuna (agent), but the Braves haven't been concerned about that so far and I don't know why they would start.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Unless they can sign him short term and decently cheap...I would pass. Kurt (as good as he's been), is highly unlikely to reproduce this level of performance next year. Scivicque will probably be ready next year and would make a decent back up. By 2019....there should be at least a couple of more options.
    If the Braves are going to give any catcher Castro money, I'd like to see them extend control over Flowers for a couple more years.

He is an elite framer, and his offensive improvements are much more real than Suzuki's.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (08-27-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,131 Posts
    Hmm, is Minter (the most injury prone arm in the BP) really the guy you want going multiple innings?

Did Snit forget Fried was demoted and is not the same guy as Minter?

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Even if Minter pitched well the last inning, he should not be in now. There is a clear disconnect between Snitker and the Braves FO. He needs to be ramped up but this is not the way to do it. If you're going to pitch him this close, it should just be one inning. If it's been longer than sure, go longer.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,131 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaGirl View Post
    Even if Minter pitched well the last inning, he should not be in now. There is a clear disconnect between Snitker and the Braves FO. He needs to be ramped up but this is not the way to do it. If you're going to pitch him this close, it should just be one inning. If it's been longer than sure, go longer.
    It's really baffling. Minter has never pitched more than 1 inning this year in AAA, is incredibly injury prone, and Snit throws him out there for a 2nd inning.

I'm not sure how anyone justifies that move.

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    It's really baffling. Minter has never pitched more than 1 inning this year in AAA, is incredibly injury prone, and Snit throws him out there for a 2nd inning.

I'm not sure how anyone justifies that move.
    I think he did a couple times but it was not every single time. It was like every once in a while.
    Aggression with prospects is fine, but being stupid is not. There should be a way to find a happy medium between a Pirates like idea of being overly cautious with prospects and going stupidly fast with prospects.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    I think there is just a clear disconnect between Snitker and reality.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

Garmel (08-27-2017), jpx7 (08-27-2017), Tapate50 (08-27-2017), zedsdead (08-27-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,131 Posts
    I think he did a couple times but it was not every single time. It was like every once in a while.
    Yup, you're right, twice in 26 minor league games this year.

On BBA's Top 100 Prospects List PurpleBrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    110 Posts
    Matt Kemp is so bad

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    619 Posts
    Let's get some runs !!!
    Would be nice to get a comeback win again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Albies is going to be really good, isn't he? ...

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    239 Posts
    I keep being worried at times with how SO aggressive Albies is but he shows me up. He knows what he's doing at the plate, it's just so aggressive. He's making good adjustments from at bat to at bat.

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,860 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Albies is going to be really good, isn't he? ...
    hopefully

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    You play Matt Adams in LF to try to build trade value. You play Lane Adams to see if he's your long term 4th OF. You play Jace Peterson to see if he can be your super utility guy before you have to cut him in the off season. You don't play Garcia unless you have no other choice (injuries). Now, maybe you play Garcia as an excuse in case someone questions why you don't bring up Acuna (agent), but the Braves haven't been concerned about that so far and I don't know why they would start.
    I have a little different take. If they are going to play Garcia, it may as well be some innings in LF. I think the team knows what they have in Lane Adams and Jace Peterson and the off-season decision-making around these two and Garcia leans toward two of them staying on the 40-man and one of them being dropped. If Garcia can't play OF, he's the one who likely goes. I agree Mike Adams should get some innings out there as well. Garcia might have some value as a RH bat off the bench, but he likely won't get a ton of innings at 3B next year unless Phillips doesn't come back. Even then, it's my guess that the team would like Camargo to step up and play 3B most of the time. So Garcia is likely the odd man out if he can't play OF.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I have a little different take. If they are going to play Garcia, it may as well be some innings in LF. I think the team knows what they have in Lane Adams and Jace Peterson and the off-season decision-making around these two and Garcia leans toward two of them staying on the 40-man and one of them being dropped. If Garcia can't play OF, he's the one who likely goes. I agree Mike Adams should get some innings out there as well. Garcia might have some value as a RH bat off the bench, but he likely won't get a ton of innings at 3B next year unless Phillips doesn't come back. Even then, it's my guess that the team would like Camargo to step up and play 3B most of the time. So Garcia is likely the odd man out if he can't play OF.
    Yeah, I'm not sure where the idea that the Braves don't know who Jace Peterson, Matt Adams, or Lane Adams are at this point comes from. None of them are young and none of them except maybe Matt Adams are much and he's not going to get better in the OF with time or build value that way. '

Just like Garcia isn't much. So I'm actually more puzzled why Braves would feel the need to bring Garcia back at all, but maybe they see him as CI/CROF reserve potentially. Don't know but can't hurt to use the end of the season to see exactly how you might want to deploy your bench. If you're going to bring him back.

It's a big nothing sandwich in the same category as what middle relievers are going to get pushed off the 40 man roster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    I don't understand bringing Snitker back if that's the case. I don't care if Freddie endorses him or not, he's gotta go. I love another top 5 draft pick (hopefully) but I'm ready to start being legitimate again and he's clearly not the answer.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    i don't get the "he made a big step today" comments from our announcers etc when it comes to Folty

he pitched fine, would love a lower pitch count etc to go farther in the game than 5

but he gave up a run. that's it. just seemed weird

the continued overreaction imo to everything he does it beyond silly at this point
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i don't get the "he made a big step today" comments from our announcers etc when it comes to Folty

he pitched fine, would love a lower pitch count etc to go farther in the game than 5

but he gave up a run. that's it. just seemed weird

the continued overreaction imo to everything he does it beyond silly at this point
    Well it is just as silly to say he is the ace of the staff with no true ace among the bunch. Julio for better or SunTrust Park had been the closest even in suck mode. Folty doesn't do it for me because he gets mentality skull freaked. Love the arm, but his poise needs a lot of work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,992 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    hopefully for us
    fixed it