Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braves hire Adam Fisher as Assistant GM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    Moore would be getting out of town just ahead of the mob then.

Has anyone bothered to look at the situation that KC is in? Horrible contracts across the board and the vast majority of its best players about to hit FA with almost no chance they sign back with KC and the minor league system has to be no better than bottom third...
    This is probably the price for a small market team to win the World Series these days. Look at a list of recent winners:

Cubs
    Royals
    Giants
    Red Sox
    Giants
    Cardinals
    Giants
    Yankees
    Phillies
    Red Sox
    Cardinals
    White Sox
    Red Sox
    Marlins

That list goes back to 2003. The only real small market teams to win it are the Royals and the Marlins. Look what happened to the Fish after they won it in 2003. They went through a massive rebuild.

When you're a small market team you generally have a window that you have to leverage your entire organization to capitalize on.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Wow. Bringing in two executives from the uber-successful Mets and Blue Jays franchises. Sounds like a plan.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    From Bowman, looks like Dayton Moore may return next year:

"One variable in this decision (retaining Snitker) will be the future of Braves president of baseball operations John Hart, whose current contract expires at the end of this season. There has long been speculation that Royals general manager Dayton Moore could return to Atlanta next year in some capacity. But given the amount of input Hart has had on the recent front office restructuring, it seems he is committed to returning."
    Bowman never ceases to amaze when it comes to burying the lede. The conclusion I draw from this is that the Braves recent personnel moves are more indicative of Hart sticking around for at least another year, closing the door on the Dayton Moore angle. I see JS definitely being less involved from this point forward in baseball ops, and likely the same trend line for Hart. Coppy's contract expires after the 2019 season, and I think these moves will position him as the "real GM" for a couple years before his fate is re-evaluated.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dak For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (09-12-2017)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Dayton Moore... Yeah, maybe we can hire Bobby back as manager and relive the 90's..
    Coppy

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    376 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    Bowman never ceases to amaze when it comes to burying the lede. The conclusion I draw from this is that the Braves recent personnel moves are more indicative of Hart sticking around for at least another year, closing the door on the Dayton Moore angle. I see JS definitely being less involved from this point forward in baseball ops, and likely the same trend line for Hart. Coppy's contract expires after the 2019 season, and I think these moves will position him as the "real GM" for a couple years before his fate is re-evaluated.
    I agree. I think if you follow the moves they point to Coppy being able to appoint his own cabinet. Hart will stick around another year. Js should be out golfing more these days.