Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888 ... LastLast

Thread: Affordable Care Act

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    It's not a complaint, just an observation. I doubt I would say anything if he didn't do it.
    i am not saying the comment is about going on the comedy show

it is in relation to trying to get more young people to sign up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    From yesterday's New York Times: Young Republicans Find Fault With Elders on List of Social Issues

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/11/us...ders.html?_r=0
    Would you agree there is a difference between an actual governable policy and a press release? Because this is nothing more than a press release .

Let's see how (R) votes and uses their power. Not what a PR guy says they are for or against.

Pro Immigration. Name a candidate that has a workable (,,,) proposal. Workable in that it gets past establishment (R) and can be passed into law
    Pro Gay Rights -- Name a candidate that has a workable (,,,) proposal. Workable in that it gets past establishment (R) and can be passed into law
    Pro Choice -- Name a candidate that has a workable (,,,) proposal. Workable in that it gets past establishment (R) and can be passed into law
    Pro NORMAL ---Name a candidate that has a workable (,,,) proposal. Workable in that it gets past establishment (R) and can be passed into law
    Pro Womens Workplace Equaity - Name a candidate that has a workable (,,,) proposal. Workable in that it gets past establishment (R) and can be passed into law
    Pro Banking Regulation --- Name a candidate that has a workable (,,,) proposal. Workable in that it gets past establishment (R) and can be passed into law
    Pro Gun Regulation -------- Name a candidate that has a workable (,,,) proposal. Workable in that it gets past establishment (R) and can be passed into law

etc etc etc

Because until the GOP young or old is capable of getting past the threshold of actually proposing electable governing policies the article you posted is nothing more than a press release
    That was the lesson the GOP was supposed to have learned after 2012.

///////////////////////

One more thing. This board nhas been clogged the past week with nonsense about the leadership status of Sarah Palin. Until the party rids itself of such distractions ----- all the press releases in the world won't mean a thing. The guy pictured with the orange Mohawk or Duck Dynasty -- that is the rub. But it is only an issue of public relations -- there is no there there
    Last edited by 57Brave; 03-12-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i am not saying the comment is about going on the comedy show

it is in relation to trying to get more young people to sign up
    I have no clue what you're saying now.

I don't believe Obama would go on this show if Obamacare was going well. It's critical that he gets young people to sign up. This is a sign of desperation to me.
    thank you weso1!

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If you want to ignore the realities of the shift that is occurring in this country, at this moment, it's really fine by me.

Your attacks against Republicans are counterintuitive.

It's the same old liberal tripe: "Oh, let's bring up Bachman and Santorum and other fringe elements to try and label the whole party!" or "So I can avoid talking about the crippling failures of the Obama administration, let's talk about the 2008 and 2012 election cycles!" "Yes we can!"

It's psychopathy.

If that's all your belief group can muster, it's little wonder why the Democrats stand to lose Congress and the Presidency in 2016.

I mean, do you actually think people are going to vote Democrat in 2016 because the Republicans were mean to Obama? That's ludicrous.

The youth of this country are being CRUSHED. They want results, and are going to go with the group that offers them -- the Democrats had their shot, and are blowing it. Four more years of the same? I think (and beg) not.
    That's great that the youth of the Republican Party look at it differently, but their parents and older Republicans will still never abandon abortion nor gay marriage. And they're the ones that's been picking the nominees for the last 3 decades, and until they all die off it won't matter. If they're libertarian on defense, that means they probably side with liberals on cutting defense and less engagement.

If anything these young republicans will switch to the libertarian party, which means they will eat each other for votes.

Young liberals agree mostly with older liberals on most issues there's no conflict. Moderate liberals may not agree with progressives on everything, but when it comes to voting there is no conflict. Unions, Progressive Taxes, Healthcare (they want single-payer), social programs, etc.

2010 was the result of the youth who voted for Obama in 2008 not showing up. Youth historically have not shown up in mid-terms so I wouldn't be surprised if 2014 is the same as 2010. 2010 had no effect on 2012. All the tension the Republicans built for 2 years saying people were tired of Obama didn't work after all since he was re-elected. The youth who grew up under Reagan are now in their 30's-40's and they will be a huge voting block for the next 15-20 years.

McConnell said on 2012 election night: "The people didn't re-elect Obama because they agreed with his policies, they re-elected him because they want him to finish the job." Is that statement by the leader of the Republican Senate, not a ludicrous statement? People wanted him to finish his job, but they disagree with his policies. What sense does that make?

Again, I will concede the Dems will likely lose Mid-terms this year because D turnout isn't going to be there just like it wasn't in 2010. But as 2012 showed you, 2010 didn't matter.
    Forever Fredi

6. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

Hawk (03-13-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Why are young dems overall uninterested in midterms? It's extremely important and could make real differences.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Why are young dems overall uninterested in midterms? It's extremely important and could make real differences.
    Maybe because they are not thinking like a sheep/lemming but weighing the pros and cons of who they want.

I find it refreshing that both sides do not chooses sides but choose what is best for this country and not the brand name.

I do. My voting pattern is all over the place.

I would have voted for Billary in 2008 because her husband was my favorite president in my lifetime.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

Hawk (03-13-2014)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post

McConnell said on 2012 election night: "The people didn't re-elect Obama because they agreed with his policies, they re-elected him because they want him to finish the job." Is that statement by the leader of the Republican Senate, not a ludicrous statement? People wanted him to finish his job, but they disagree with his policies. What sense does that make?
    When you create disasters you have to see through them. That comment made a lot of sense, the problem is not what you want to make of it.

Put it this way, you made the bed now lie in it.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Maybe because they are not thinking like a sheep/lemming but weighing the pros and cons of who they want.

I find it refreshing that both sides do not chooses sides but choose what is best for this country and not the brand name.

I do. My voting pattern is all over the place.

I would have voted for Billary in 2008 because her husband was my favorite president in my lifetime.
    1) Overstating. Youth turnout for Presidential elections historically, not so much mid-terms.

2) Well the country picked Obama to do what's best for the country the last two elections. I suppose you're not happy about that.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    When you create disasters you have to see through them. That comment made a lot of sense, the problem is not what you want to make of it.

Put it this way, you made the bed now lie in it.
    Rightttt. That was McConnell's exit strategy so that he never has to compromise for Obama for another 4 years even if it's what's best for the country.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Rightttt. That was McConnell's exit strategy so that he never has to compromise for Obama for another 4 years even if it's what's best for the country.
    Mitts?

There was no one else. They had no choice but let Obama ruin what he has started. The dike was leaking and there is no Republican stupid enough, except Mitts, to try and stop it. Why take a loaded bag of schit and do something with it.

Mitts had no chance, no one really.

I sat out of that election. Thank God!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    1) Overstating. Youth turnout for Presidential elections historically, not so much mid-terms.

2) Well the country picked Obama to do what's best for the country the last two elections. I suppose you're not happy about that.
    No. I was not. I wanted Hillary. Obama is Chicago through and through, like I said before, I was born in Chicago spent my time around family and one thing is Obama is a con-artist and they know how to manipulate people and circumstances to fit their agenda.

Hillary would have been a much better president if she learned anything from her husband who is WELL respected in the black community, you know he tried to uplift blacks and Obama just laughs at us, not willing to help, get them educated, preach to them about violence, out of wedlock kids. At least Clinton tried by talking with clergy, Obama refuses to.

FEMA is dragging their behind helping my destroyed town by an F5 tornado. Luckily black and white churches are providing funds to keep roofs over heads of some places. This is the reason why they are disconnected with Obama, we are nothing to him. My parents used to WORSHIP him now (pride being first black president, yada yada yada), they don't give a rats ass about him now and wish Hillary beat him. You know a calamity had to strike before they saw his true colours.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Mitts?

There was no one else. They had no choice but let Obama ruin what he has started. The dike was leaking and there is no Republican stupid enough, except Mitts, to try and stop it. Why take a loaded bag of schit and do something with it.

Mitts had no chance, no one really.

I sat out of that election. Thank God!
    Look. Reality is, Republicans ran wild for 8 years under Dubya with spending. Obama comes in to try and fix it, and they don't want to help him fix it, because helping him fix it would mean he's doing a great job and if he became as popular as Clinton, the Republican Party wouldn't sniff a Presidential election for quite a while and it would've helped Obama get re-elected easily.

If they obstruct, nothing ever gets done and they can blame him for nothing getting fixed. These executive orders are a result of the GOP playing politics with every issue instead of trying to do something.

GOP didn't think Obama could win in 2008, but his ground game was amazing.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    No. I was not. I wanted Hillary. Obama is Chicago through and through, like I said before, I was born in Chicago spent my time around family and one thing is Obama is a con-artist and they know how to manipulate people and circumstances to fit their agenda.

Hillary would have been a much better president if she learned anything from her husband who is WELL respected in the black community, you know he tried to uplift blacks and Obama just laughs at us, not willing to help, get them educated, preach to them about violence, out of wedlock kids. At least Clinton tried by talking with clergy, Obama refuses to.

FEMA is dragging their behind helping my destroyed town by an F5 tornado. Luckily black and white churches are providing funds to keep roofs over heads of some places. This is the reason why they are disconnected with Obama, we are nothing to him. My parents used to WORSHIP him now (pride being first black president, yada yada yada), they don't give a rats ass about him now and wish Hillary beat him. You know a calamity had to strike before they saw his true colours.
    See the thing is, if Obama really wanted to help blacks, the GOP would say he's playing the race card and being extra biased towards blacks. It's a no win situation for him TBH.

He did something pretty cool for minority men who didn't have dads growing up a few weeks ago.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ve-strike.html

"The first element of the strategy is a kind of legislative strike. Initially, House Republicans decided to boycott all direct negotiations with President Obama, and then subsequently extended that boycott to negotiations with the Democratic Senate. (Senate Democrats have spent months pleading with House Republicans to negotiate with them, to no avail.) This kind of refusal to even enter negotiations is highly unusual. The way to make sense of it is that Republicans have planned since January to force Obama to accede to large chunks of the Republican agenda, without Republicans having to offer any policy concessions of their own."
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Look. Reality is, Republicans ran wild for 8 years under Dubya with spending. Obama comes in to try and fix it, and they don't want to help him fix it, because helping him fix it would mean he's doing a great job and if he became as popular as Clinton, the Republican Party wouldn't sniff a Presidential election for quite a while and it would've helped Obama get re-elected easily.

If they obstruct, nothing ever gets done and they can blame him for nothing getting fixed. These executive orders are a result of the GOP playing politics with every issue instead of trying to do something.

GOP didn't think Obama could win in 2008, but his ground game was amazing.

Chimpy sucked and spent like a drunken whore and I hate Cheney with every fiber in my body because of the insidiousness of money over dead bodies and he didn't care the cost of dead.

GOP never had a chance with McSame or McCrazy and then slotted a bimbo for Veep. If that was the best they can put out after that disaster of the previous eight years we deserve the crap we are getting now.

What are they really obstructing? More stupid spending? We already spent too much on stupid wars, our next three generations are going to pay for it. THe only thing Obama has done good is getting us out of wars but at what cost to other things. Obamanation care is horrible as they are finding out as he tried to ramrod down our throats without the studies needed and steps to take to make it work, but he forgot, the insurance, hospitals and the lawyers is not going to allow you to take their bread away. He didn't think about that.

He just smirks at anything Republican try to help him on and you know why? He wants to be the one who has the idea and that would piss anyone off. That is why they don't want to help him, he tries to take their ideas and make it his own.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...ve-strike.html

"The first element of the strategy is a kind of legislative strike. Initially, House Republicans decided to boycott all direct negotiations with President Obama, and then subsequently extended that boycott to negotiations with the Democratic Senate. (Senate Democrats have spent months pleading with House Republicans to negotiate with them, to no avail.) This kind of refusal to even enter negotiations is highly unusual. The way to make sense of it is that Republicans have planned since January to force Obama to accede to large chunks of the Republican agenda, without Republicans having to offer any policy concessions of their own."
    Obama refuses to listen to them as well. The ACA was the straw that broke their back when they weren't allow to see the final draft and the horrors within it.

You see why Hillary would have been better, she wouldn't play silly games like this because she doesn't wants to be right all the time. He does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    See the thing is, if Obama really wanted to help blacks, the GOP would say he's playing the race card and being extra biased towards blacks. It's a no win situation for him TBH.

He did something pretty cool for minority men who didn't have dads growing up a few weeks ago.

GOP looks at blacks (and foreign, see China etc) as cheap labor, always have, but if you make yourself marketable so you can stand beside them.

Think about the cheap labor and dependence on gov teat and you see the mindset of my people.

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    C

What are they really obstructing? More stupid spending? We already spent too much on stupid wars, our next three generations are going to pay for it. THe only thing Obama has done good is getting us out of wars but at what cost to other things. Obamanation care is horrible as they are finding out as he tried to ramrod down our throats without the studies needed and steps to take to make it work, but he forgot, the insurance, hospitals and the lawyers is not going to allow you to take their bread away. He didn't think about that.

He just smirks at anything Republican try to help him on and you know why? He wants to be the one who has the idea and that would piss anyone off. That is why they don't want to help him, he tries to take their ideas and make it his own.
    You give him too much credit. Like he didn't get ultra criticized for getting us out of Iraq, and setting the timetable for withdrawal in Afghanistan. Oh my lord the complaints on the right when he signed off on both.
    Forever Fredi

#MAGA!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    GOP looks at blacks (and foreign, see China etc) as cheap labor, always have, but if you make yourself marketable so you can stand beside them.

Think about the cheap labor and dependence on gov teat and you see the mindset of my people.
    lol .

Not all blacks look at the government and see dollar signs.
    Forever Fredi