Page 28 of 35 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Ukraine

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Do you disagree with me? There's a reason the cold war was the cold war not WWIII.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    I don't totally agree or disagree. As I've already stated there are transnational interests at play. But I think it probably isn't wise (and bit too conspiratorial for my tastes) to think that they pull all the strings and that there can't be a major super-power involved large scale war. Yes, proxy wars and other ways have been the norm during and post-Cold-War, but that doesn't mean that that will always be the case henceforth, particularly if one of the major three powers weakens considerably.

And if that day comes, millennials will still suck. And so we won't launch such a war and won't last long if we get dragged into it.

Do you disagree with me on the point about millennials sucking? Surely no sane person would.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 03-16-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I'm not saying that there won't be a large scale war. I mean WWI was fought because of the interests of the European bankers primarily.

Ever consider this interesting fact, think of how many countries don't have external debt. It's pretty close to 0.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    But what do you think about millennials? And their suckage?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    They suck as much as Gen Xers, baby boomers, or any other generation in the eyes of the old folk. Not a damned new complaint about millennials that's new.

Called Up to the Major Leagues Gary82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    375 Posts
    Tell us what you think, Bedell. I don't think I have quite captured your opinion on the matter.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gary82 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (03-17-2014), jpx7 (03-18-2014), zitothebrave (03-16-2014)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary82 View Post
    Tell us what you think, Bedell. I don't think I have quite captured your opinion on the matter.

I like having fun with you girls.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Gary82 (03-17-2014)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    They suck as much as Gen Xers, baby boomers, or any other generation in the eyes of the old folk. Not a damned new complaint about millennials that's new.
    I think Millennials and Baby-boomers suck the most. Seriously, Gen-X has potential. And my parents and grandparents generations were the bomb. Especially those grandparents - they were part of the greatest generation. Something different about that group - at least the majority of the ones I knew/know.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    So Z, tell me, do you really think the likes of all you young guys have the stomach for a war with Russia or China? Really? I'm at the edge of the baby-boomers and I know we're a bunch of losers.
    weird how us young guys don't really care to go fight for a sham of a system that is built up against them

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    You know Bedell not that you care or anything, but for someone that is a man of god & faith, you're very very condescending and can be a total dick/jackass to people on here.

I see you purposely instigate stuff on here, in addition to saying things like millenials suck and are useless. All of your substantive and thoughtful posts are negated by the posts where you come across as a complete tool.

It's hypocritical behavior like that, as to why I completely understand why millenials and future generations have lost faith with religion. Everything being preached is not what really goes on. It's hilarious how people recently criticized the Pope for taking a bigger stance on homosexuals and civil unions, and his railings against the greeds of capitalism.

Again, not that you care or anything and I don't care to ban you, I just see a pattern from thread to thread.
    Forever Fredi

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    I don't totally agree or disagree. As I've already stated there are transnational interests at play. But I think it probably isn't wise (and bit too conspiratorial for my tastes) to think that they pull all the strings and that there can't be a major super-power involved large scale war. Yes, proxy wars and other ways have been the norm during and post-Cold-War, but that doesn't mean that that will always be the case henceforth, particularly if one of the major three powers weakens considerably.

And if that day comes, millennials will still suck. And so we won't launch such a war and won't last long if we get dragged into it.

Do you disagree with me on the point about millennials sucking? Surely no sane person would.

so where do i land here

i think millennials suck and am glad that a large group of people wouldn't go fight for a system that isn't built to actually help them

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KeithLockhart View Post
    You know Bedell not that you care or anything, but for someone that is a man of god & faith, you're very very condescending and can be a total dick/jackass to people on here.

I see you purposely instigate stuff on here, in addition to saying things like millenials suck and are useless. All of your substantive and thoughtful posts are negated by the posts where you come across as a complete tool.

It's hypocritical behavior like that, as to why I completely understand why millenials and future generations have lost faith with religion. Everything being preached is not what really goes on. It's hilarious how people recently criticized the Pope for taking a bigger stance on homosexuals and civil unions, and his railings against the greeds of capitalism.

Again, not that you care or anything and I don't care to ban you, I just see a pattern from thread to thread.

Yeah,and it's usually when I'm pissing blood. It'll pass.

Other times it's to illustrate how you or someone else posts. And it's a way to "answer a fool according to his folly." Not calling you a fool - just using a Hebrew proverb and suggesting from time to time that you and others look into a mirror.

Sometimes it's actually in good fun, as it was in this instance. I don't think all millennials suck, just most of them. :-)

Ban me if you'd like Sav.
    Last edited by BedellBrave; 03-17-2014 at 07:37 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I think Millennials and Baby-boomers suck the most. Seriously, Gen-X has potential. And my parents and grandparents generations were the bomb. Especially those grandparents - they were part of the greatest generation. Something different about that group - at least the majority of the ones I knew/know.
    And you don't think they were called bums and questions by their parents and grandparents? Watch Ken Burns's Jazz and you'll hear lots of people complaining about those generations.

It's some weird social thing where people pine for the past and presume that anyone else sucks. Basically you're just an older version of goldfly when it comes to generational views. You're both cynical and assume there's no hope because generation blah blah sucks. What really is happening is you can't adjust to the changes that take place, you're being kicked out of the evolutionary cycle of society and are going out kicking and screaming.

If instead of being a cynical troll, you just accept that society over time changes as far as the accepted norm, priorities, etc. then you'll be OK. And your greatest generation, the one that lead to the creation of the Baby Boomers, you don't think the things they saw while being involved in the second world war is why the war strategies changed, the priorities changed, etc.?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    You mean Generation "I hate everything?"

Every generation has gifts and weaknesses. That's the way it has always been. The Greatest Generation, for all their hype, won WWII and then thought that every social/political problem could be conquered if we only put our mind to it and committed ourselves to the task. That's produced some good and some bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    You mean Generation "I hate everything?"
    Considering Bedell is complaining about everything, don't you thinkit's fitting?

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Considering Bedell is complaining about everything, don't you thinkit's fitting?
    I don't know how old Bedell is. I just know that Gen-X is in reaction to everything and granted we boomers have given them plenty to react to. But I cannot believe how cynical that generation is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I don't know how old Bedell is. I just know that Gen-X is in reaction to everything and granted we boomers have given them plenty to react to. But I cannot believe how cynical that generation is.
    Bedell is a late 60s Baby I believe. Whicbis the blurred line between boomers and Gen Xers.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Bedell is a late 60s Baby I believe. Whicbis the blurred line between boomers and Gen Xers.
    Oh, he's one of those guys whose pissed because he missed Woodstock. LOL.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    What do you have against peeps born in the 60's? I am one of them so back off bud.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    What do you have against peeps born in the 60's? I am one of them so back off bud.
    I have nothing against them. Just explains a lot. Most of the tweeners are more cynical of other generations including their own. See Crumples.