Page 41 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Official official offseason thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UNCBlue012 View Post
    Passan mentioned on Twitter that executives expect things to pick up exponentially during the Winter Meetings next week.
    Somebody has to blink first and sign. I’m gonna guess it’ll be Rodon signing with the Mets.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Jeff Passan is reporting that the Yankees have offered Aaron Judge a contract in the neighborhood of 8 years / $300m. And they could increase it depending on where the Giants come in at. That is an AAV of $37.5m
    Get off my lawn!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    Jeff Passan is reporting that the Yankees have offered Aaron Judge a contract in the neighborhood of 8 years / $300m. And they could increase it depending on where the Giants come in at. That is an AAV of $37.5m
    If he were a few years younger he’d break records.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Hudson2 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2022)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    wonder how MLB will change the rules in 2 years to help the Yankee$ be competitive while they are paying both Stanton and Judge 70+ million/year to be barely above average
    Coppy

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Not sure on the reliability of the source

MLB Nerds
    @MLBNerds
    ·
    3h
    The Phillies and Rays have emerged as potential suitors for right-hander Jacob deGrom, per sources. Rangers and Mets are still in. Rays officials believe they have an outside shot at deGrom but think location and roster construction should be an aid to their pursuit.
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts

MLB Nerds
    @MLBNerds
    ·
    3h
    The Phillies and Rays have emerged as potential suitors for right-hander Jacob deGrom, per sources. Rangers and Mets are still in. Rays officials believe they have an outside shot at deGrom but think location and roster construction should be an aid to their pursuit.
    That account is absolute ass. lol don't trust it.

Called Up to the Major Leagues
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    Oh some 6 weeks ago or so I was booed of this forum by suggesting Albies as a trade chip. Here it is 96 hours away from the winter meeting and Tim Boyle of Fansided says any one of the three 2nd basemen is a potential trade with St Louis. Not 6 hours later MLBTR saying Mariners are looking for a LH hitting 2nd

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PawPawMaxwell View Post
    Oh some 6 weeks ago or so I was booed of this forum by suggesting Albies as a trade chip. Here it is 96 hours away from the winter meeting and Tim Boyle of Fansided says any one of the three 2nd basemen is a potential trade with St Louis. Not 6 hours later MLBTR saying Mariners are looking for a LH hitting 2nd
    what does any of that have to do with Ozzie being traded. The Braves are not trading Ozzie for anything short of a MASSIVE overpay... and that is MASSIVE enough that no team will give that much up. Ozzie has one of the most valuable contracts in the game.

Some talking head tossing around crap to get clicks makes Ozzie possibility of being traded no more realistic than when you tossed it around. Not trying to be mean.. just suggesting not dying on this hill...
    Coppy

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    The point I was trying to make is that some things are obvious and others want to deny them. Just like you right now being so adamant that Albies is all there is. Rumors come from somewhere all the time. MLB writers are full time on the phone and internet looking for rumors. Bloggers I dont trust for anything but they have sources none the less.
    Now a bit more for thought if you have time: What motivated the Braves FO to turn Acuna loose for 5 games and then extend it to 10 games in the winter league. Its been a very long time ago but I have seen and been on several of those Latin America fields. They were definitely not up to ML standards once upon a time.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    The point I was trying to make is that some things are obvious and others want to deny them. Just like you right now being so adamant that Albies is all there is. Rumors come from somewhere all the time. MLB writers are full time on the phone and internet looking for rumors. Bloggers I dont trust for anything but they have sources none the less.
    Now a bit more for thought if you have time: What motivated the Braves FO to turn Acuna loose for 5 games and then extend it to 10 games in the winter league. Its been a very long time ago but I have seen and been on several of those Latin America fields. They were definitely not up to ML standards once upon a time.
    ok.. so what does trading Ozzie do? Kid is making 7 million next year but the salary cap hit is only 5 million, so we are creating another hole in our lineup to save 5 million... are we seriously wanting the Braves to field a bunch of rookies/prospects next year? I don't get what you are trying to say and how it makes any sense at all..
    Coppy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    153 Posts
    1. He could be a very huge benefit to encourage some team to take on Ozunas contract.
    2. He could enable AA to pick up a true SS possibly for even the same small amount of money. That SS (only a possibility) would be more than Grissom or Arcia could bring back.
    3. We all wonder why AA hasnt dipped into the FA market. We all wonder just how much money he has to play with. We all should be able to see that only viable trade chips of value are Albies and Acuna for a WS contending team. I AM NOT ADVOCATING TRADING ANYONE1111111111111 But I would like to see a well rounded roster take the field in April.
    t

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    ok.. so what does trading Ozzie do? Kid is making 7 million next year but the salary cap hit is only 5 million, so we are creating another hole in our lineup to save 5 million... are we seriously wanting the Braves to field a bunch of rookies/prospects next year? I don't get what you are trying to say and how it makes any sense at all..
    You could always go nuts and send Albies in a package to the Brewers for Adames and Burnes!

But seriously, agreed there is no way the Braves consider moving Albies. We have taken a serious hit recently in clubhouse presence with Freeman and likely with Swanson this offseason. Need to keep Acunas' buddy
    Get off my lawn!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2022)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    wonder how MLB will change the rules in 2 years to help the Yankee$ be competitive while they are paying both Stanton and Judge 70+ million/year to be barely above average
    My thoughts as well. I think anyone giving Judge that many years is out of their collective mind.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2022)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts

MLB Nerds
    @MLBNerds
    ·
    3h
    No way the Mets let DeGrom go to an NL East rival, imo

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Just curious about what moves AA has made in November/December the past few years.

November:
    Signed Darren O'Day 11/08/19
    Signed Will Smith 11/14/19
    Signed Chris Martin 11/19/19
    Signed Travis d'Arnaud 11/24/19
    Signed Drew Smyly 11/16/20
    Signed Charlie Morton 11/24/20
    Signed Manny Pina 11/15/21
    Signed Kirby Yates 11/29/21
    Signed Darren O'Day 11/29/21
    Traded for Sam Hilliard 11/06/22
    Traded for Kolby Allard 11/09/22
    Signed Nick Anderson 11/11/22
    Signed Jesse Chavez 11/12/22
    Traded for Dennis Santana 11/15/22

December:
    Signed Cole Hamels 12/04/19

January:
    Signed Adeiny Hechaverria 1/16/20
    Signed Marcell Ozuna 1/21/20
    Signed Felix Hernandez 1/22/20
    Signed Pablo Sandoval 1/23/21
    Signed Ehire Adrianza 1/26/21

February:
    Signed Marcell Ozuna 2/05/22

As a whole, AA has been more active this November than in any of the previous Novembers, they are just not moves that move the needle or jump out at you.
    Get off my lawn!

22. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2022)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,989 Posts
    And who exactly are we replacing Ozzie with? Grissom, lol. No. Even if you thought Grissom could provide 2-3 WAR at 2b next year, it would make way more sense to just trade him.

Ozzie is dirt cheap and a 4 WAR 2b when healthy. There is literally no realistic package that would make it worth it for us to move him. We would in all likelihood be worse off in 2023 and 2024, during the peak years of our best players.

Anyone suggesting such a possibility deserves all the mockery they receive.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2022)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    No way the Mets let DeGrom go to an NL East rival, imo
    This comment also doesn’t make sense to me. Are you suggesting that the Mets are going to come back to the table if they are out bid by the Braves but won’t if it is the Dodgers. Are you saying that the Mets won’t just offer their best offer and let the chips fall where they fall.

I think the Mets have a pretty good idea on what max amount they are willing to go and will go up to that point to keep him regardless of what other team is bidding on him.
    Coppy

26. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2022)

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Trading Ozzie literally makes zero sense. He's on one of the best contracts in baseball the next 4-5 years. There's no trade offer (realistically) that makes any sense moving him especially if we're losing Dansby as well (tbd).
    Last edited by Heyward; 11-30-2022 at 05:44 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Heyward For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2022)

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    This comment also doesn’t make sense to me. Are you suggesting that the Mets are going to come back to the table if they are out bid by the Braves but won’t if it is the Dodgers. Are you saying that the Mets won’t just offer their best offer and let the chips fall where they fall.

I think the Mets have a pretty good idea on what max amount they are willing to go and will go up to that point to keep him regardless of what other team is bidding on him.
    Even though Mets have unlimited funds with Cohen. I do think they have a standing point to where they wont go for DeGrom. Like if someone went something crazy like 4 years/180 million, i think they'd back out. Has been said they want one of the 3 aces to pair with Scherzer.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Even though Mets have unlimited funds with Cohen. I do think they have a standing point to where they wont go for DeGrom. Like if someone went something crazy like 4 years/180 million, i think they'd back out. Has been said they want one of the 3 aces to pair with Scherzer.
    I can definitely see them getting Verlander or Rodon if they lose out on deGrom. I think the likeliest of those 2 would be Rodon. They will be bidding against the Dodgers for Verlander and I don't know if they want 2 old age pitchers making over $40m/ year.

This will be interesting to see what happens this offseason. The Mets will add to their roster, and if they are smart spreading their money around, they could be better than last season. The Phillies will definitely be players for Turner and I feel like they get him. So you'd have both of those teams getting much better. AA doesn't react to other teams in our division with moves, but I am curious to see what he does, because I honestly have no ****ing clue what his plans are. lol
    Get off my lawn!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanforlife88 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (12-01-2022)