Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 11579

Thread: 2018 Offseason And Targets

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Olney- Dodgers appear to be in the middle of the outfield market, both in trades (Kemp? Puig? Pederson) and free agents (Harper? Pollock?)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    That’s exactly what I’m thinking maybe we can offer Albies + for Haniger and Gordon.
    I’d keep Albies, but I’d take Gordon to play center. He makes an average of $14m for the next 3 seasons and is usually really good with average, obp, and steals. Had a down year last year but I’d take a shot.

Then offer something like Wright,Inciarte, Muller for Kluber

Gordon CF
    Acuña LF
    Freeman 1B
    Donaldson 3B
    Haniger RF
    Albies 2B
    McCann/Flowers C
    Swanson SS

Kluber
    Folty
    Newk
    Gausman
    Gohara/Soroka/Touki/Wilson

Trade Teheran to whoever picks up most of his contract to offset the Gordon addition
    Get off my lawn!

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    It would cost alot more than Ender, Muller and Wright for Kluber.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Olney- Dodgers appear to be in the middle of the outfield market, both in trades (Kemp? Puig? Pederson) and free agents (Harper? Pollock?)
    I saw where they were intending on dumping Puig no matter what
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I saw where they were intending on dumping Puig no matter what
    Why not puig here?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ixiXSolidXixi View Post
    That’s exactly what I’m thinking maybe we can offer Albies + for Haniger and Gordon.
    Literally the worst trade proposal on this board since Albies for Gordon straight up. Never thought I’d see the likes of that again.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-09-2018)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    Why not puig here?
    If price is low enough then sign me up
    Coppy

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    181 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Just sign Cutch and stop with the lesser options.
    100%. I get AA is trying to left his asking price come down some but he fits this team as good as you can. He needs to be our guy.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Why not puig here?
    I could see scenarios where Puig is a good value play for the Braves.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Why not puig here?
    Can't possibly picture Puig in this clubhouse - Mac would likely be charged with assault at least once a week.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Can't possibly picture Puig in this clubhouse - Mac would likely be charged with assault at least once a week.
    I know you were making a joke. By honestly I could see him and Acuña and Ozzie all feeding off each other’s energy. And they are far more important to the season than b-mac
    Coppy

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    773 Posts
    I haven't seen Chris Taylor mentioned as a possible trade option as much as Puig, Pederson, or Verdugo. What is it about Taylor that makes less sense than those guys? He can play corner outfield along with basically any other position, he's just hitting arbitration, and he has a little pop in his bat as well. He'd likely be more expensive than the other three guys, but his versatility would fit with AA's idea of moving guys around/giving guys days off next season.

Maybe we'd prefer to pay less in prospects to take on a bit more money with less control. Or maybe the Dodgers would prefer to move one of the other three over Taylor, since they obviously like versatility more than any other team.

Called Up to the Major Leagues ixiXSolidXixi's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    Literally the worst trade proposal on this board since Albies for Gordon straight up. Never thought I’d see the likes of that again.
    Yes and what is your offer for Mitch Haniger? Maybe Seattle likes your offer...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post
    I haven't seen Chris Taylor mentioned as a possible trade option as much as Puig, Pederson, or Verdugo. What is it about Taylor that makes less sense than those guys? He can play corner outfield along with basically any other position, he's just hitting arbitration, and he has a little pop in his bat as well. He'd likely be more expensive than the other three guys, but his versatility would fit with AA's idea of moving guys around/giving guys days off next season.

Maybe we'd prefer to pay less in prospects to take on a bit more money with less control. Or maybe the Dodgers would prefer to move one of the other three over Taylor, since they obviously like versatility more than any other team.
    I see him and Kike Hernandez as more very good utility players. But there is nothing wrong with giving a player like that a ton of playing time. Both would be good trade candidates given the surplus of good outfield players the Dodgers are carrying.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BeanieAntics View Post

Exactly that.

The other three can only play on one of the corners. He's their Camargo.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    I know you were making a joke. By honestly I could see him and Acuña and Ozzie all feeding off each other’s energy. And they are far more important to the season than b-mac
    Only half-joking. The Braves simply don't have the pieces in place to handle Puig. Obviously he and Mac wouldn't be buddies. I don't personally think he and Freddie would get along particularly well. There's no doubt in my mind that Snitker and his Bobby-Lite style would have trouble dealing with him. The energy's great, but Ozzie and Acuna still have some maturing to do themselves - the Puig sideshow would simply complicate things for them more often than it would provide some new-age version of the Three Musketeers IMO.

As short as windows are going to be in this day and age, does anybody really want to gamble one of the last remaining prime seasons for Freddie and Donaldson on Puig's questionable character - especially when you only get the one year of him??? There's no doubt in my mind that you'd already be fighting an uphill battle the day you trade for him and he realizes he's not part of the Hollywood scene any more.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Since 2015, Puig has only had one year better than a 1.8 WAR... why is he some big target considering his attitude as well? If dude didn't produce because he was just having a temper tantrum, I don't want to be anywhere near him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Only half-joking. The Braves simply don't have the pieces in place to handle Puig. Obviously he and Mac wouldn't be buddies. I don't personally think he and Freddie would get along particularly well. There's no doubt in my mind that Snitker and his Bobby-Lite style would have trouble dealing with him. The energy's great, but Ozzie and Acuna still have some maturing to do themselves - the Puig sideshow would simply complicate things for them more often than it would provide some new-age version of the Three Musketeers IMO.

As short as windows are going to be in this day and age, does anybody really want to gamble one of the last remaining prime seasons for Freddie and Donaldson on Puig's questionable character - especially when you only get the one year of him??? There's no doubt in my mind that you'd already be fighting an uphill battle the day you trade for him and he realizes he's not part of the Hollywood scene any more.
    It's refreshing to know we have someone on the board who is so close to these players and knows their personalities so well!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zbhargrove View Post
    Since 2015, Puig has only had one year better than a 1.8 WAR... why is he some big target considering his attitude as well? If dude didn't produce because he was just having a temper tantrum, I don't want to be anywhere near him.
    I'd rather trade for Pederson, Verdugo, Taylor or Hernandez. But the Dodgers might be anxious to dump Puig. At some point the price might make it worth doing.

Brian Jordan's New BFF JohnAdcox's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    459 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpack1 View Post
    100%. I get AA is trying to left his asking price come down some but he fits this team as good as you can. He needs to be our guy.
    Don't you think AA is waiting to make a trade first, since that will clear bodies off the 40 man? If a free agent is signed before the trade, someone gets dropped. Right?