Page 818 of 1146 FirstFirst ... 318718768808816817818819820828868918 ... LastLast
Results 16,341 to 16,360 of 22913

Thread: REAL FOOTBALL Thread

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    UN-FREAKING-BELIEVABLE! Jerry Jones continues to defend Greg Hardy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ds-greg-hardy/

Jerry calls him "one of the real leaders of this team" and "he earns it with respect from all of his teammates and that's the kind of thing that inspires a football team".

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????????????????????????????????? If it hasn't been clear by now, it should be. Jerry Jones has lost his mind.

Tom Landry is rolling over in his grave.
    Good grief, I went to reddit to see what was said about this and the large majority of Cowboys fans ares supporting Hardy. WTF
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Chip Kelly needs to get the ship sailing in the right direction soon. Bradford has been awful and they chipped in some picks to get him. A lot of decisions he has made aren't breaking right so far.
    Ivermectin Man

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Chip Kelly needs to get the ship sailing in the right direction soon. Bradford has been awful and they chipped in some picks to get him. A lot of decisions he has made aren't breaking right so far.
    They are still 3-4 and could win the division. Bradford looked better last night than I've seen him before (how many drops?) Defense played well. They need some improved play at WR and to replace Murray with Matthews.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    They are still 3-4 and could win the division. Bradford looked better last night than I've seen him before (how many drops?) Defense played well. They need some improved play at WR and to replace Murray with Matthews.
    Just because the division is god awful.

He wasn't atrocious last night, but then again he wasn't exactly opening it up either.

Defense is playing better. Murray didn't break one single tackle last night...How Chip doesn't see he needs to be behind Matthews is beyond me.
    Ivermectin Man

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Im pleased with his solid performance and comeback vs. an awful team. I really am. Hopefully with DJax back he can complete a couple passes outside of Alex Smith range.
    Only you would try and downplay an awesome quarterback performance and try and spin it into a bad one.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Just because the division is god awful.

He wasn't atrocious last night, but then again he wasn't exactly opening it up either.

Defense is playing better. Murray didn't break one single tackle last night...How Chip doesn't see he needs to be behind Matthews is beyond me.

I dont really fault them for losing to Carolina at home, but without drops, they possibly win. He really improved the defense and thought he can save the offense as well. I don't like Bradford and thought that was a bad move, but how to you predit Matthews, Kelce, and Sproles playing so badly this year?

I could actually envision them beating @Dallas, Miami, TB, @Detroit, Buffalo, Arizona, Wash to finish with 10 wins. Probably won't win all of those, but could be 9-7 division winner.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I praise Cousin Kirk when he plays well. He's had two clutch drives this year to get wins. Overall, he's been pretty bad because he can't push the ball downfield and throws too many picks.

He was terrible vs. Atlanta, Jets, and Giants. He was bad vs. Miami. He was decent vs. the Rams and somewhere between decent and good vs. the Bucs.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    He can't push the ball down the field because the team doesn't have a healthy deep threat. He made good decisions yesterday to lead the best comeback in your history. But I agree it was only a decent game.

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    He can't push the ball down the field because the team doesn't have a healthy deep threat. He made good decisions yesterday to lead the best comeback in your history. But I agree it was only a decent game.
    irk Cousins (-0.8) embodied the often-heard term of “game manager” quarterback as he led Washington’s comeback yesterday. Although Cousins was very accurate and had a completion percentage of 82.5, he was not asked to do a lot by his team. This is well-represented by the fact that 31 of his 40 pass attempts (77.5 percent) were within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage. However, Cousins did have some success downfield, too, but his completion percentage immediately dropped to 66.6 percent when throwing 10 or more yards downfield. Also, it is necessary to note that Cousins would not have had the opportunity to throw a game-winning touchdown if Chris Conte had not dropped the quarterback’s ill-advised pass on the previous play.

The Skins do have speedsters in Crowder and Ross. But, Cousins doesn't throw a good deep ball so the team doesn't try to do things they aren't good at and simply throw 5-7 yard passes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I dont really fault them for losing to Carolina at home, but without drops, they possibly win. He really improved the defense and thought he can save the offense as well. I don't like Bradford and thought that was a bad move, but how to you predit Matthews, Kelce, and Sproles playing so badly this year?

I could actually envision them beating @Dallas, Miami, TB, @Detroit, Buffalo, Arizona, Wash to finish with 10 wins. Probably won't win all of those, but could be 9-7 division winner.
    I don't think they beat Arz, and probably not Miami right now. Heck, Buffalo could be a handful if they get players healthy but Sammy Watkins is NEVER healthy.

Matthews has been bad, but I think he has been injured. I really thought he was primed for a breakout.
    Last edited by Tapate50; 10-26-2015 at 01:58 PM.
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Hardy misses practice with no explanation. Looks like Dallas is buying into these shenanigans in the name of on field production. Owner backing him fully really puts coach in a bad spot.
    Ivermectin Man

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Hardy misses practice with no explanation. Looks like Dallas is buying into these shenanigans in the name of on field production. Owner backing him fully really puts coach in a bad spot.
    SOP for Uncle "there there now, boys will be boys" Jerry. Somebody needs to slip a wig and some makeup on old Jerrah so maybe Hardy will smack him a couple of good ones and he'll get rid of this assclown. Yes he is a terrific player, no that doesn't make it all right.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Interested in what thoughts [MENTION=35]yeezus[/MENTION] has on Hardy since he was the single person in the world that thought it was a good idea to bring Hardy aboard in the first place.
    Last edited by chop2chip; 10-27-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    282 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Interested in what thoughts [MENTION=35]yeezus[/MENTION] has on Hardy because he is the single person in the world that thought it was a good idea to bring Hardy aboard in the first place.
    No comment, next question.
    The Atlanta Braves signed Nick Markakis for 4/45 - Never forget 12/3/2014

"Klay Thompson > James Harden" - Heyward

"Chris Bosh is the MVP of the Miami Heat" - Heyward

"Hibbert is better than Dwight Howard"- Heyward

"Steven Adams will be a top 10 center in two years - thethe

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Interested in what thoughts [MENTION=35]yeezus[/MENTION] has on Hardy since he was the single person in the world that thought it was a good idea to bring Hardy aboard in the first place.
    I didn't hear about the no practice, but in the meantime, Jerruh is supporting his actions on the field on Sunday and today comes out and says he wants to extend Hardy.

EL O EL

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Lol Mallett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,278 Posts
    Really thought Mia was gonna show up for this game. Guess not

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I will defend Hardy. Missing practice ain't cool but the rest of the **** I don't care what he does off the field so long as he isn't raping or killing people. His job is to get the QB, there isn't anything he was going to do in practice he hasn't done a million times already. Maybe I am alone in this but I don't view players as angels. I watched h documentaries on old time players where they talk about how mean a player was and they were trying to hurt people but we fondly remember those guys and demonize the players nowadays for the same ****. **** the NFL and it's hypocrisy. Kind of hard for them to preach morality with King Douchebag as commisioner.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    From a team standpoint, I think the point is you want to see someone learn from their mistakes. But it's rather clear Hardy shows no remorse and shows no intention on changing his life. Hardy is a destructive person. And you'd rather not see his sort of behavior rub off on your younger players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I guarantee you none of the players on the cowboys gives two ****s what Greg Hardy does. Except for his backup. I bet his backup is outraged.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.