7,533 Posts
    Muller time
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    I know Kyle Muller was tall, but he has an awfully strong and broad build too. Astros broadcast noted he hit 93.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Like Muller, like Wilson, like alot of these pitching prospects but there aint room for all of them...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Wentz looked good too.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Like Muller, like Wilson, like alot of these pitching prospects but there aint room for all of them...
    Some will wash out. Some will end up in the pen. Don't mind making trades, but that should be mainly based upon getting good value in return.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Stylistically, Wentz looks like a taller version of Allard. Missed a couple pitches, so not sure I even saw a change up.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Some will wash out. Some will end up in the pen. Don't mind making trades, but that should be mainly based upon getting good value in return.
    Fair point, not a make a trade just to make a trade guy, but a LOT of these guys will be ready very soon which is why i'm still kinda perplexed some of them werent moved.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    The only slam dunk rotation option among the prospects who are MLB ready right now is Soroka, and he is having shoulder issues. The rest either have BP risk (Fried, Wilson) , control risk (Touki, Newk), or simply aren’t very good (Allard).

This idea that there isn’t room for these guys is simply wrong. Everyone has drooled over every set of pitching prospects the Braves have ever had, and they have never ran out of room. Folks like to think this time is different, but it’s not.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 02-24-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    The only slam dunk rotation option among the prospects who are MLB ready right now is Soroka, and he is having shoulder issues. The rest either have BP risk (Fried, Wilson) , control risk (Touki, Newk), or simply aren’t very good (Allard).

This idea that there isn’t room for these guys is simply wrong. Everyone has drooled over every set of pitching prospects the Braves have ever had, and they have never ran out of room. Folks like to think this time is different, but it’s not.
    Well, write this down. I am a big believer in Wison. I worry he could be one of the ones traded and then go on to be a stud with another team. Yes, I know it’s basically a homer statement. I just really like him....and have since I watched him in Rome.

Never been to high on Newk and think we should trade him before his value plummets (at anytime).

I like Fried if he can stay healthy. He is probably a bullpen guy because of that, but I’m ok with that. Great stuff.

I really don’t know about Touki, but he has gotten better each year. I think he will be a starter. The question is ...how good of one will he be?

Soroka if healthy will be great....if healthy.

Allard has just turned out to be a bad pick. Really, he’s the only high pick of the rebuild that they missed on. Yet...as I say this...he has done well at every level and made it to the big leagues (which many never see). So, maybe he can stick as a #5 somewhere...just hopefully not with us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

Correct. To the extent to which any pitching prospect is a slam dunk we do not have someone like that. I'm really very sympathetic with AA's approach, which has been to take some time to see which ones blossom. Because it is actually quite hard to identify which ones will and which ones will wash out or end up in the pen.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    Well, write this down. I am a big believer in Wison. I worry he could be one of the ones traded and then go on to be a stud with another team. Yes, I know it’s basically a homer statement. I just really like him....and have since I watched him in Rome.

Never been to high on Newk and think we should trade him before his value plummets (at anytime).

I like Fried if he can stay healthy. He is probably a bullpen guy because of that, but I’m ok with that. Great stuff.

I really don’t know about Touki, but he has gotten better each year. I think he will be a starter. The question is ...how good of one will he be?

Soroka if healthy will be great....if healthy.

Allard has just turned out to be a bad pick. Really, he’s the only high pick of the rebuild that they missed on. Yet...as I say this...he has done well at every level and made it to the big leagues (which many never see). So, maybe he can stick as a #5 somewhere...just hopefully not with us.
    I have my own ranking (and I like Wilson too), but I think we all have to acknowledge that there is just a tremendous amount of uncertainty about who will pan out and make it as a major league starting pitcher.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    Thanks, AA for not making many moves. I can tell already this will be a lost season. 0-2 against these scrubs in the preseason. No freaking excuse!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts

Wright will likely get plenty of run in the second half as well. Also- Gohara not part of your rotation at any point ?
    Ivermectin Man

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Wouldn’t be surprised if Muller ends up surprising everyone and is the best of them all

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Wright will likely get plenty of run in the second half as well. Also- Gohara not part of your rotation at any point ?
    I have been the most disappointed with Wright. For his age and pedigree...he has been “ok”. Maybe he comes around this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,967 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBravos View Post
    I have been the most disappointed with Wright. For his age and pedigree...he has been “ok”. Maybe he comes around this year.
    He ended last year really strong. Had some weird road/home splits early on

NL Rookie of the Year
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    512 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    Stylistically, Wentz looks like a taller version of Allard. Missed a couple pitches, so not sure I even saw a change up.
    Wentz is a strong kid. He gets lost in the glut of pitching but he’s a solid prospect. His secondary pitches have always been decent-good to lacking. It’ll be a good development test this year.