Page 386 of 583 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396436486 ... LastLast
Results 7,701 to 7,720 of 11642

Thread: Russia Collusion Scandal (aka A Leftist fantasy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Oh I don't care about who conservative people have to say about this. The Trump campaign in some aspect of existence colluded with Russia. I'm not gonna say that Trump did it, knew about it, etc. that's up for the investigation. But what I do know is that Russia hacked the DNC, wikileaks is an intelligence asset of the Russians, every dump of the emails coincided with a major blow to Trump's approval numbers. Again, I'm not saying the man had anything to do about it. I'm not privy to that information. That will likely come out via the Mueller investigation. What does spook me about Trump is that he's posturing and threatening the investigation rather than letting it happen. If he was innocent I'd think he'd want it to go down. Which likely mean he or someone he loves is likely to be implicated. It will probably be his son or son-in-law. You'd think what he'd want if he cared about America would be a swift end to this investigation as it continues what the goal of the Russians was which was to undermine American confidence in it's political system. If anything since Trump took office he's done more to undermine that than anything.
    And what should Trump think when he was presented with a fake dossier by the FBI which was later leaked?

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    And what should Trump think when he was presented with a fake dossier by the FBI which was later leaked?
    He can think what he want.

What the core issue here is that people aren't grasping what the steele document was. It was a findings that the FBI would then investigate. It wasn't an indictment. Can you give me a source of when the FBI presented Trump with the Dossier?
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

Ming the Great knows what's coming.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    “Take the L”
    I dunno. His health has apparently already deteriorated so very badly...poor guy’s in a wheelchair.

But, first you said he wasn’t going to be charged. Then you said he wasn’t going to be convicted. So, hurrah for you and rich-guy justice, I guess?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I dunno. His health has apparently already deteriorated so very badly...poor guy’s in a wheelchair.

But, first you said he wasn’t going to be charged. Then you said he wasn’t going to be convicted. So, hurrah for you and rich-guy justice, I guess?
    Or faking it in a wheelchair. He was strutting around no problem one year ago. I don't buy it.
    FFF - BB, BB, 2B, HR, 2B, HR, 1B, BB, BB, 1B, BB, BB, HR

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

The Julio special: gross mischaracterization and a desperate pivot.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    My point at the time was that he was under pressure to make a deal to cooperate because he was facing the possibility of dying in jail. This was the premise that you mocked. The fact that he took a deal to cooperate after the first trial and pleaded guilty to all the charges rather proves this. I was, in this case, pretty much spot on about the way it turned out. Your contention was that he’d beat the charges or get a slap on the wrist. So, I’m not sure why you’re crowing over this as some sort of vindication.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    The Trump Tower meeting was such a big uneventful nothingburger that all the people involved have forgotten it even took place.
    Forever Fredi

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    My point at the time was that he was under pressure to make a deal to cooperate because he was facing the possibility of dying in jail. This was the premise that you mocked. The fact that he took a deal to cooperate after the first trial and pleaded guilty to all the charges rather proves this. I was, in this case, pretty much spot on about the way it turned out. Your contention was that he’d beat the charges or get a slap on the wrist. So, I’m not sure why you’re crowing over this as some sort of vindication.
    Your original point was that the charges against Manafort were so serious and so substantive that they would unequivocally result in him dying in jail. I ridiculed your take, in part because your using it to prop up the broader '"RUSSIA!" narrative was transparent -- and ludicrous, besides -- but also because it went against everything we know about prosecutions (in general) and white collar crime.

Your interpretation of the charges, both in terms of immediate legal ramifications as well as the broader Trump-related context, was wrong and I explained why ... and suggested what reality I thought would eventually evolve.

And it did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Your original point was that the charges against Manafort were so serious and so substantive that they would unequivocally result in him dying in jail. I ridiculed your take, in part because your using it to prop up the broader '"RUSSIA!" narrative was transparent -- and ludicrous, besides -- but also because it went against everything we know about prosecutions (in general) and white collar crime.

Your interpretation of the charges, both in terms of immediate legal ramifications as well as the broader Trump-related context, was wrong and I explained why ... and suggested what reality I thought would eventually evolve.

And it did.
    My point was that the charges were serious enough, and well-documented enough, that there was too much of a chance to risk dying in jail if he didn’t make a deal. Which he did. You said you thought he’d beat it or get a slap on the wrist...which is not totally unreasonable, just a misreading of the strength of the case against him. And you were correct about the judge’s willingness to circumvent the sentencing guidelines, though 4 years is hardly a slap on the wrist. He’s still got another sentencing to go. He could end up with no additional time, or up to 10 additional years. If anything close to the latter, I’m really not sure how this adds up to vindication of your point of view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    And we find out for sure what we already know. Insurance policy was the russia investigation to erase a democratically elected president.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    And we find out for sure what we already know. Insurance policy was the russia investigation to erase a democratically elected president.
    Well, technically he wasn't democratically elected as he he didn't have the most votes.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    man didn't a majority of republican votes in the primary nor the majority of the votes in the election

so, i would suggest a better term than "democratically" elected
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I would like to congratulate Pavel Manafartov on his breaking John Mitchell's record for longest jail sentence given to a former manager of a successful presidential campaign.

And also wish him good luck in his research efforts on comparative conditions in the New York state prison system and the federal prison system. Perhaps soon old friend Roger Stone will join him as research assistant.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 03-13-2019 at 03:05 PM.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Rantt Media
    ‏ @RanttMedia
    1h1 hour ago

Manafort is the first of Trump's inner circle to receive state charges.

This is out of Trump's obstructive reach—he can’t fire the investigators.

The charges are similar to what Trump is accused of.

Manhattan DA: “No one is beyond the law in New York…"
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    We are just going to ignore the Lisa Paige testimony right?

Asking for a friend.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    We are just going to ignore the Lisa Paige testimony right?

Asking for a friend.
    Yes. It doesn’t matter. Obama isn’t in the White House. I believe that will be 57’s stance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Im just not sure what else we need to corroborate the corruptness of the ptiot administration and thos whole sham of an investigation. Wonder what it feels like to wake up every day and know you were taken and believed one of the biggest conspiracy theories of all time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    shot in the dark --- wonder if this was the first and only time the Justice Department passed down to the FBI the opinion that there was no there --- there.

Wondering aloud here but perhaps it was like Comey said that there was no basis for a case.

The reports linked here are all Fox -- is that correct ?
    Fox aint having such a good week either
    So

Who do they bring up ?
    Hillary.

Were you guys birn yesterday - Or just missed the past 25 years ?
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.