Thread: Introductions Are In Order II

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prikichi View Post
    Waar in Nederland heb je gewoond?
    Bijna overaal haha.. Almere, Leiden, Den Haag, Heerlen, Rotterdam, en ook een paar maanden in Sint Niklaas in Belgie.

Je zit op school in Nederland, toch? Ik denk dat ik dat ergens had gelezen. Welke universiteit?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chop2chip For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-13-2015), Prikichi (12-13-2015)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,353 Posts
    ok..my name is Matthew.. Live in B'ham AL. over 40 under 50.. spent earlier years in Lithonia Ga listening to the Braves on AM 710.. got to see some games on TV, but mostly remember radio through out the 80s.. Moved to Mobile in the 1990 and the next year the Braves were good.. so I am sure they waited until I left to become relevant. Thank me later..

found this site when I got bored of MLB.com.. still lurk on a few sites.. Been posting on message boards since me and Al Gore invented to internet. Thank me later...

wife who thinks I am a dork.. 3 kids who back her up on that thought.. and a dog who likes me.. Oh and a cat that likes me but only because he is always hungry..

4. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-13-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Bijna overaal haha.. Almere, Leiden, Den Haag, Heerlen, Rotterdam, en ook een paar maanden in Sint Niklaas in Belgie.

Je zit op school in Nederland, toch? Ik denk dat ik dat ergens had gelezen. Welke universiteit?
    Leiden Universiteit. Maar ik ben intussen wel afgestudeerd. Afgelopen zomer ben ik terug op Curacao komen wonen.

In twee jaar tijd heb je je wel veel rond verplaats. lol

Maar 'tis wel leuk om erachter te komen dat er hier (out of all places) meer mensen zijn die je taal kunt spreken.
    Last edited by Prikichi; 12-13-2015 at 11:30 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prikichi For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (12-15-2015), JohnAdcox (12-13-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    This thread threw me for a second. Oddly enough, I am in Rotterdam right now.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Whoa... Random.

Business or pleasure, Hawk?

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Da Rock

That is all you need to know. <raises eyebrow>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Nice place, trying to remember the club the ex wife and I went to. It had two stories, nice music and packed. She was from Duisburg which is not that far way in Germany.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

Hawk (12-13-2015)

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Whoa... Random.

Business or pleasure, Hawk?
    Business. Although everytime I'm in the Netherlands that distinction tends to blur a bit.
    Last edited by Hawk; 12-13-2015 at 07:17 PM.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

chop2chip (12-15-2015), Prikichi (12-14-2015)

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I must have missed this the first time around, that or I just lurked over it...which is more likely.

Real name is Jerry, 38 and currently live in Iowa...hence the screen name. I was Gocuse14 over at the Scout board as I came to Scout as a Cuse fan and was involved with their message boards. In fact I would say thats likely when I first became active on message boards period, had a ggod time getting info about Cuse football and basketball I decided I could likely do the same for baseball. I am originally from the Southern Tier of NYS and hail from Jamestown.

I was raised LDS (Mormon) and in desperate attempts to help gain my interest in the church my mother would always try to show me athletes or famous people that were also LDS. One day she brought me home Dale Murphy's autobiography, I am guessing that I was likely upper grade school to middle school aged at the time. Well, lets just say that I drank, smoked and fornicated myself through the late 90's and early 2000's while still remaining a die hard Braves fan. So she accomplished that, as church just wasnt for me.

Anyway, I played college football and wrestled. I grew up playing baseball as well, just not at a high level. I currently do what a lot of beer drinking ex-athletes do for fun, play slow pitch softball. Married, house full of girls.....so I drink beer and play slow pitch softball. I have to travel to Atlanta for work now and again and I have been lucky that it has fallen during some home stands through the years so that I can catch some games. I did see that on the calendar for next season the Braves play one away series at a park in driving distance from me every month. So thats pretty legit.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IowaBrave14 For This Useful Post:

JohnAdcox (12-14-2015), The Chosen One (12-15-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Business. Although everytime I'm in the Netherlands that distinction tends to blur a bit.
    I do miss Rotterdam, Utrecht and Zeist, places I had a lot of fun when I was young and wild. I went to the Netherlands (Do not ever call it Holland, it is like a bad word to them) a lot and always had a lot of fun staying there.

The Dutch girls always thought I was Dutch (my Dutch is not that good, only passable) until I brought out my passport. They thought I was some African from South Africa that had mix parents because I have light brown eyes and lighter skin than Afrikaans. And yeah I got a little tail there and I know Hawk has and probably is right now. They have some very attractive women.

I am too old to think about things like that but I remember those times and they were good, something everyone should have experience.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Oh Hawk, if the daughter gets married, I wouldn't mind you tagging along. I could show you some good sites in the Ludwigshafen to Saarbruecken region and then moisie over to France which is just a few minutes away. I could take you to the places I played pro basketball, the bars I went to and awesome pizza and food.

As for this thread. No need to introduce myself, I've been here since the beginning and on Scout since 2000.

Live in Eau Claire WI, 3 kids, 1 is in her 20's a dentist, the other two toddlers and in school, I am in my upper 40's.

High School Draftee kingphatcow's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts
    Real name: Josh, but I try to keep that offline because I don't want Obama to know.

I was kingphatcow on Scout too. I liked Scout until Bill decided to get more involved. That guy was a douche. Good arguments over there. As with everything else, the influx of sabremetrics ruined the BBQ as well. Not directly, but indirectly. People changed. The numbers ruined everything.

I don't really hate Zito and while I am impressed by Meta's obvious intelligence, it's not something I think about too often.

This board isn't as fun to flame on. Too much of the chickified "be nice" crap for my tastes, but it's my go to place for Braves news and updates. mostly good dudes here.

Like almost everyone else, I was sad to lose Heyward. Unlike everyone else, I am able to move on with my life. I'm a Braves fan. An apologist. A loyalist. I don't give a **** about the combined OPS of the guys on the roster. Once the ball is in play, they're my guys. And they're the absolute best guys out there.

I hate Bryce Harper because he's a spoiled bitch.
    Not as smart as Meta, but way smarter than Zito.

19. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kingphatcow For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (12-15-2015), BedellBrave (12-16-2015), FreemanFan (12-16-2015), JohnAdcox (12-15-2015), Runnin (12-15-2015), The Chosen One (12-15-2015), TomahawkCult (12-15-2015)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kingphatcow View Post
    I don't really hate Zito
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts

Like almost everyone else, I was sad to lose Heyward. .
    I'm still here

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    I'm still here

Arizona Fall Leaguer
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts
    I'm a Braves fan. An apologist. A loyalist. I don't give a **** about the combined OPS of the guys on the roster. Once the ball is in play, they're my guys. And they're the absolute best guys out there.
    Hear, hear.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    I went to the Netherlands (Do not ever call it Holland, it is like a bad word to them)
    This is definitely true for the Dutch that don't live in Holland portion of the Netherlands, which is to say North and South Holland which are regions within the Netherlands.

I found in my time in Leiden (which is in "Holland") they played up the Holland name a lot. To the point where they would say they spoke Hollands instead of Dutch.

Dutch people, in general, are fiercely defensive about their culture/language because most immigrants can't and frankly don't need to learn Dutch to get by.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    I've been here since the beginning
    I challenge that.

You have been here since the beginning of this board. But you weren't there at the beginning of SAV's board. Heck you probably don't even remember the time when Vuchato was just posting by himself.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Prikichi View Post
    Leiden Universiteit. Maar ik ben intussen wel afgestudeerd. Afgelopen zomer ben ik terug op Curacao komen wonen.

In twee jaar tijd heb je je wel veel rond verplaats. lol

Maar 'tis wel leuk om erachter te komen dat er hier (out of all places) meer mensen zijn die je taal kunt spreken.
    Toen wist ik een paar wortjes in Papiementos maar find ik het moeilijk om Nederlands te onthouden zonder andere taalen to kunnen spreken. Ik kan merken dat mijn Nederlands steeds slechter wordt.

Als ik ooit naar Curucao gaat (which I would love to do), moet ik je een keertje komen spreken. Het zal leuk zijn.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I challenge that.

You have been here since the beginning of this board. But you weren't there at the beginning of SAV's board. Heck you probably don't even remember the time when Vuchato was just posting by himself.
    Actually I do. I might still have the email when I asked to join it unless after all those foreigners trying to shake me down for some money and you know what I mean, my account started deleting emails.