Thread: Official CBA Negotiation Thread

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    Any other rules changes?

Did they try and ban the shift or alter it?
    As I understand it shifts are gone in 2023.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thewupk View Post
    source on this?
    Jared Diamond on Twitter. He's a verified account on Twitter, but I'm not entirely sure who he is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,995 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WaitingFor2017 View Post
    Jared Diamond on Twitter. He's a verified account on Twitter, but I'm not entirely sure who he is.
    All I know is he's a Wall Street Journal guy

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,871 Posts
    Hope it's true. Would likely mean the Braves would come to Dallas every other year. Good news for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

DirkPiggler (03-10-2022)

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    532 Posts
    Some of you all may prefer to see the Mets and Phillies 19 times a year, but I'm more excited to see Braves-White Sox, Braves-Athletics, etc. each year. Yes, there will also be Braves-Royals and Braves-Tigers, too, but I'd gladly change 2 Marlins series for those.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to WaitingFor2017 For This Useful Post:

clvclv (03-10-2022), goldfly (03-11-2022), JohnAdcox (03-11-2022)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,544 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    He may hit 50 taters.
    He may eat 50 taters too.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,763 Posts
    One of my bigger wishes is coming true:

In 2023, there will be less divisional games, and each team will play at least one series against every team in baseball.

I just get tired of seeing the Phillies, Marlins, Mets, and Nationals almost 20 games each season.
    So MLB is adding 10 interleague series a year for each team. I wonder how many division games they subtract from each rival? That's 30 games minimum (or maybe they do some 2 and 2) being taken away from divisional rivals. So perhaps it's 32 games and you take away 8 games from each divisional rival?
    Forever Fredi

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,824 Posts
    I'm just happy a deal was done and a season is coming. Now sign Freddie Freeman, dang it!
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

NL Rookie of the Year CrazyTrain's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Alright boys and girls, time for a new season!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Chosen One View Post
    So MLB is adding 10 interleague series a year for each team. I wonder how many division games they subtract from each rival? That's 30 games minimum (or maybe they do some 2 and 2) being taken away from divisional rivals. So perhaps it's 32 games and you take away 8 games from each divisional rival?
    Under the old system, the interleague strength of schedule seemed to come into play quite a bit. As I understand it, every team will play one series with each team in the other league. It will eliminate most of the strength of schedule issues.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VirginiaBrave View Post
    As I understand it shifts are gone in 2023.

I dont understand how this is possible. Are they going to define down to the inch where defensive players can lose up? Why not force batters to swing at the first pitch while we are at it.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,375 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I dont understand how this is possible. Are they going to define down to the inch where defensive players can lose up? Why not force batters to swing at the first pitch while we are at it.
    I know, next they are going to define where a hitter has to stand or where a pitcher has to maintain contact with something. Probably going to make runners have to run within a designated area. Baseball is so dumb.
    Coppy

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    It's likely they will require 2 infielders on each side of 2nd. So it essentially takes away overloading on the right side of the infielder with a guy play essentially playing shallow right. What this won't do is take away the SS playing almost up the middle and taking away plays that were hits 15+ years ago. So it will be more aesthetically pleasing to the people who get all but hurt when they see nobody on the left side of the field when a powerful lefty comes up. But in reality, the SS taking balls hit up the middle and turning them into outs has much more of an effect on the game imo and that's not going away.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Looks like 10 teams will have salaries under 100 million. Don't you get 100 million from the TV deal by itself?

4 teams under 50 million.

Ownership sucks. At least sign some 1 year Free agents you can flip for young players later in the year. They need a way to kick the pirates owner out. Just under 25 million, really?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,053 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ2dollas View Post
    Looks like 10 teams will have salaries under 100 million. Don't you get 100 million from the TV deal by itself?

4 teams under 50 million.

Ownership sucks. At least sign some 1 year Free agents you can flip for young players later in the year. They need a way to kick the pirates owner out. Just under 25 million, really?
    I keep hoping there will be a CBA where there's a salary cap and a salary floor. I'd like to see more parity. Look at the NFL. It's difficult for teams to stay on top year after year and teams on the bottom can rocket to the top quickly.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,332 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I keep hoping there will be a CBA where there's a salary cap and a salary floor. I'd like to see more parity. Look at the NFL. It's difficult for teams to stay on top year after year and teams on the bottom can rocket to the top quickly.
    Exactly. Before the NFL salary cap the Super Bowl consisted of one team(usually from the NFC) beating the other team in a blowout.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    766 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I think MLB has good parity. We don't have any 3 peats or stuff like that going on.

There are teams that try to win that don't make the playoffs, at least before the stupid expansion.

I don't think MLB has a parity problem as defined by who gets into playoffs and who wins. I think they have a 25% of the league isn't trying problem.

No cap, no floor. Minimum should 1,000,000, making the floor 26 million. Then it should go up to 2,000,000 quickly. If you can't swing a 50million payroll get out.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,375 Posts
    That why I thought it was funny the players were holding out for higher tax threshold. It literally only benefits a few teams and a few players and only divides the haves and haves not more. They should have been holding out for a salary floor even if it capped the salary ceiling. Would bring more players to a higher salary while not hurting the superstars earning potential.
    Coppy

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,871 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garmel View Post
    Exactly. Before the NFL salary cap the Super Bowl consisted of one team(usually from the NFC) beating the other team in a blowout.
    AKA the last time the Cowboys were good. lmao

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,304 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    That why I thought it was funny the players were holding out for higher tax threshold. It literally only benefits a few teams and a few players and only divides the haves and haves not more. They should have been holding out for a salary floor even if it capped the salary ceiling. Would bring more players to a higher salary while not hurting the superstars earning potential.
    It’s no surprise the players executive board (Scherzer, etc.) all voted no and basically all the rank and file players from each team voted yes. Your highest paid players hate the tax because that’s what impacts them the most.

Players didn’t do much to solve their long term problems with this CBA, in my opinion.