Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Georgia Man Killed in Drug Raid Was Face Down When Shot in Head....

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Does that make a difference? Does that justify being shot and killed?
    Depends on the actual situation. If he posed no threat and was trying to comply, then certainly they were at fault. But if he was grabbing his gun to fire, then it most certainly was justified. I'm sure more details will come out.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    People under the influence of alcohol could potentially endanger others.

People who own a gun (or a hammer, or a kitchen knife) could potentially endanger others.

Are we now making proactive laws based on potential?
    This is a poor analogy. Home made alcohol is essentially illegal for distribution. We know it as moonshine.

Drugs are not illegal because of their potency. Illegal drugs are illegal because they are not regulated, which means they cannot be taxed and they cannot be inspected for safety and quality purposes. Cocaine isn't regulated in the US because of several reasons, but mostly because it doesn't have a medical purpose. If cocaine had a medical purpose that was deemed useful, you can bet your ass the US government would regulate it and distribute it.

It's funny how people on this board want accountability when it comes to guns, which have extreme regulations. They want to blame the gun manufacturers and the NRA for the ease of access to guns to people that shouldn't have them. And they want to blame them for the amount of damage an individual gun can do (i.e their potency if you will). Yet these same people want no accountability for the thousands of people who die of drug abuse from illegal drugs. What about the ease of access to unregulated drugs? Why shouldn't the more potent drugs that have no medical use be illegal?
    Last edited by Carp; 12-15-2014 at 04:53 PM.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    This is a poor analogy. Home made alcohol is essentially illegal for distribution. We know it as moonshine.

Drugs are not illegal because of their potency. Drugs are illegal because they are not regulated, which means they cannot be taxed and they cannot be inspected for safety and quality purposes. If cocaine had a medical purpose that was deemed useful, you can bet your ass the US government would regulate it and distribute it.
    You're telling me the US economy is not capable of making a legal business out of selling drugs?

Would be great if they did - as that would put all of the thugs out of business.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    i 100% disagree

Mushrooms aren't harmful
    As long as they aren't sold, I have no issues with mushrooms. I've tried them myself actually

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    You're telling me the US economy is not capable of making a legal business out of selling drugs?

Would be great if they did - as that would put all of the thugs out of business.
    Well no it wouldn't put all the thugs out of business, the same as liquor stores have not put an end to people making and selling moonshine. Sure it would have an affect, but there illegal drugs are still going to be an issue regardless.

And the point is, why would the US make a legal business out of drugs like cocaine and math? They have zero medical benefits at all. You're best argument is tobacco. But chewing/smoking tobacco has the most regulations of probably any industry in the US and has been fairly common for centuries. And despite the financial benefit the US could see from promoting tobacco use, the US seems to be doing more and more to shrink that industry as well.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    As long as they aren't sold, I have no issues with mushrooms. I've tried them myself actually
    What does it matter if they are sold or not?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    What does it matter if they are sold or not?
    Because if selling mushrooms is your business, I find it important that the things you sell be relatively safe to me. I require the same for the food I eat. That it meets certain standards. Why would I not require the same for the drugs I take?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Well no it wouldn't put all the thugs out of business, the same as liquor stores have not put an end to people making and selling moonshine. Sure it would have an affect, but there illegal drugs are still going to be an issue regardless.

And the point is, why would the US make a legal business out of drugs like cocaine and math? They have zero medical benefits at all. You're best argument is tobacco. But chewing/smoking tobacco has the most regulations of probably any industry in the US and has been fairly common for centuries. And despite the financial benefit the US could see from promoting tobacco use, the US seems to be doing more and more to shrink that industry as well.
    So in order for something to be sold in this country, it has to have a medical benefit?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Because if selling mushrooms is your business, I find it important that the things you sell be relatively safe to me. I require the same for the food I eat. That it meets certain standards. Why would I not require the same for the drugs I take?
    But you said that they shouldn't be sold -- are you implying that 'shrooms are unsafe, or only just in their currently unregulated form?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    that makes even less sense now
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Awaiting a Promotion
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    63 Posts
    I find it important that the things you sell be relatively safe to me.
    What about guns?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomahawking4life View Post
    What about guns?
    I find the guns (or gun as it were. I am not an enthusiast) to be very safe to me. I have proper training.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    So in order for something to be sold in this country, it has to have a medical benefit?
    That isn't what I said at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    You said:

And the point is, why would the US make a legal business out of drugs like cocaine and math? They have zero medical benefits at all.
    So then I asked:

If the answer is no, then I'm not sure your point on the first statement

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    But you said that they shouldn't be sold -- are you implying that 'shrooms are unsafe, or only just in their currently unregulated form?
    Current unregulated form. While I don't necessarily find shrooms to be extremely unsafe, you are taking a good amount of risk with any unregulated drug you put in your body.
    Last edited by Carp; 12-15-2014 at 11:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Current unregulated form. While I don't necessarily find shrooms to be extremely unsafe, you are taking a risk with any unregulated drug you put in your body.
    I think we take risks with the regulated ones as well!
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    You said:

So then I asked:

If the answer is no, then I'm not sure your point on the first statement
    You said, "So in order for something to be sold in this country, it has to have a medical benefit?"

That isn't what I said at all. For one, I am not talking about any random thing you sell. We are talking solely about drugs. Secondly, I certainly never said it was a requirement. We were talking about regulation of cocaine and meth and it's certainly a fair point for why the US doesn't regulate them. They are recreational drugs with a pretty unappealing stigma attached to them. What motivation would the US have to regulate such a thing?
    Last edited by Carp; 12-15-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    well, we have used cocaine for medicine before and it makes no sense to say we couldn't use it again

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    It was used in Coca Cola as well. What it was used for 100 years ago is of little relevance today. There are much better and safer options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    It was used in Coca Cola as well. What it was used for 100 years ago is of little relevance today. There are much better and safer options.
    the thing that makes most drugs unsafe is that there is no regulation on them and you have no idea what the person that made them put it in

herion deaths aren't usually cause of the drug itself, it's cause it isn't pure and has other **** added to it. same with drugs like blow, MDMA, X etc

it's the same reason why places that ban booze or is harder to get, like in India, there are a good amount of deaths from a bootleg liquor cause they added things that shouldn't be added to booze and it ends up killing a large group of people cause they were cutting corners to make a profit instead of being safe