Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 4300

Thread: 2016 Presidential Primaries [ SUPER TUESDAY | 3-1-'16]

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    You need to read this and take it to heart: http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ency-governme/

Especially this part: The meme is rather thinly sourced to a blogpost that links back to another post that links to another post (as memes do).

- It NOT PROVEN that he benefited from affirmative action.
    - It is NOT PROVEN that he used Pell Grants.

That 'quote' at the end is completely made up (ie, FAKE, FABRICATED).

Here's a real one: "Many people are critical of me because they say, ‘Carson wants to get rid of all the safety nets and welfare programs even though he must have benefited from them,’ " he said, according to a Politico account. "This is a blatant lie. I have no desire to get rid of safety nets for people who need them. I have a strong desire to get rid of programs that create dependency in able-bodied people."

A suggestion: stop posting fake ****, stuff copied and pasted from ****ty blogs, and form your own damn opinions instead of acting like such an insufferable stooge.

Edit: I still love you.
    Last edited by Hawk; 10-23-2015 at 09:53 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (10-26-2015)

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,761 Posts
    Memes are useful.

Whenever I see memes of things I didn't know about I always try to look up sources and double check.

I learned this from having to disprove many of the Anti-Obama memes that get posted on my Facebook news feed on a daily basis.
    Forever Fredi

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Whenever I see a meme I assume it's fake.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Political meme's are stupid. They are ALWAYS fake to portray something from a troll and that is both sides.

When a poster post something like that to make a political point, they are a troll and not to be taking seriously.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Political meme's are stupid. They are ALWAYS fake to portray something from a troll and that is both sides.

When a poster post something like that to make a political point, they are a troll and not to be taking seriously.
    Like most of the **** I see posted here isn't at least akin to trolling? To say it's the self appointed thought police trying to discredit, dismiss, or otherwise stamp out views other than those from their party might be a little more accurate, but what's really the difference? At least John Oliver is funny, though he's definitely to the left of me politically speaking.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Oklahomahawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (10-23-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    yeah -yeah -yeah it is off of Maddow Blog -- BUT,
    make yourself aware of what Fox and RedState don't

Carson sketches out plan for monitoring on-campus speech

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...d=sm_fb_maddow
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    "Seriously, when Ben Carson makes a metaphor, it sounds like a psychopath playing a game of Cards Against Humanity. To him, those cards are facts, not funny."

http://rudepundit.blogspot.com/2015/...seriously.html

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    " And that's as seriously as we need to take Ben Carson. "

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,788 Posts
    I have been traveling an not been keeping up with this process... but based on 57's posts, I assume Carson may be gaining in the polls?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (10-27-2015)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I assume Carson may be gaining in the polls?
    of course he his

he is doubling down on fascism and the base loves it
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Because Carson’s voice always sounds so moderate, responses that make no sense whatsoever can sound sort of thoughtful until you replay them in your head.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/29/op...ft-region&_r=0

Hard to imagine this going over well in middle-aged America,
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-29-2015 at 07:42 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Actually really well.

All of them on the panel is better than the Democrats and not even close.

I might not agree with Jeb Bush, because I don't like his family but he tries but utimately would leave the stage.

Carson scares the left because he is pointed at blacks and hispanics and now saying gays are okay. The Liberals freaked out. He was goaded and didn't even acknowledged it.

Trump was good.

Rubio was REALLY good and slapped Bush around like he was toy.

1. Trump
    2. Carson
    3. Rubio
    4. Kasich

Christie is good as well but he comes off as being a bully. Maybe our country needs that and I wouldn't mind him.

Those 5 should be president. They won't continuous lie like Clinton, they would not raise unemployment, kill the middle and poor class like Sanders when he runs all the big business off with his European tax idea.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (10-30-2015)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AerchAngel View Post
    Those 5 should be president. They won't continuous lie like Clinton, they would not raise unemployment, kill the middle and poor class like Sanders when he runs all the big business off with his European tax idea.
    For real? Every politician lies.

Trump is basically one giant walking lie.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    I don't typically agree with Anthony Bourdain, he's a pompous ass, but he's right when he says this. My gf's parents restaurant to get adults to wash dishes has to pay them way more than any other restaurant I know (10 bucks an hour or more) and at their place it's super easy.

http://www.eater.com/2015/10/29/9638...mp-immigration

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    I don't typically agree with Anthony Bourdain, he's a pompous ass, but he's right when he says this. My gf's parents restaurant to get adults to wash dishes has to pay them way more than any other restaurant I know (10 bucks an hour or more) and at their place it's super easy.

http://www.eater.com/2015/10/29/9638...mp-immigration
    So let 'every restaurant in America' shut down ... and then the industry/employment market would recalibrate and we'd see (American) service industry workers paid at a rate indicative of true market value. I mean, right? Isn't that what we should want go happen anyways? The 'OMG, we're not going to have anywhere to eat' argument makes me laugh because it's so typical of the kind trivial bull**** haplessly fat, gullible Americans would buy into.

I understand that we're benefitting from the cheap labor (and that's not specific to FoodnBev) but do you really think that is sustainable in the long-term anyways?

This article from the same site is something that we should pay a lot of attention to: http://www.eater.com/2015/5/26/86631...ay-edible-food
    Last edited by Hawk; 10-29-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    So let 'every restaurant in America' shut down ... and then the industry/employment market would recalibrate and we'd see (American) service industry workers paid at a rate indicative of true market value. I mean, right? Isn't that what we should want go happen anyways? The 'OMG, we're not going to have anywhere to eat' argument makes me laugh because it's so typical of the kind trivial bull**** haplessly fat, gullible Americans would buy into.

I understand that we're benefitting from the cheap labor (and that's not specific to FoodnBev) but do you really think that is sustainable in the long-term anyways?

This article from the same site is something that we should pay a lot of attention to: http://www.eater.com/2015/5/26/86631...ay-edible-food
    And you'll be spending 15 bucks for a ****ty applebees burger because they have to pay some snotty HS dropout 15 an hour to microwave food. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for illegal immigration, I'm for an expanded immigration bill, but the jobs that immigrants are taking aren't the jobs that people want to do. I don't know any white person who aspires to be a migrant worker, or work the open and close shift at McDonalds or work all night as a prep cook or dishwasher. Sure there are a few folks who'll do the start from the bottom and rise thing, But overall it just doesn't exist because we're sold on college and college bringing better jobs and so on so forth.

I do think having a tiered system is long term sustainable. The people doing the ****ty jobs are the people without the skills to do better jobs. Those would be your immigrants, HS dropouts, so on so forth. No matter what we do, someone has to take out the trash. Otherwise prepare for the era of reasonably priced food to end.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    And you'll be spending 15 bucks for a ****ty applebees burger because they have to pay some snotty HS dropout 15 an hour to microwave food. Don't get me wrong, I'm not for illegal immigration, I'm for an expanded immigration bill, but the jobs that immigrants are taking aren't the jobs that people want to do. I don't know any white person who aspires to be a migrant worker, or work the open and close shift at McDonalds or work all night as a prep cook or dishwasher. Sure there are a few folks who'll do the start from the bottom and rise thing, But overall it just doesn't exist because we're sold on college and college bringing better jobs and so on so forth.

I do think having a tiered system is long term sustainable. The people doing the ****ty jobs are the people without the skills to do better jobs. Those would be your immigrants, HS dropouts, so on so forth. No matter what we do, someone has to take out the trash. Otherwise prepare for the era of reasonably priced food to end.
    If your boy is elected, we'll have to pay those snotty HS kids 15 an hour.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This will continue to be a huge selling point for Rubio. It will be presented to GOP primary voters as evidence that he has the political killer instinct it takes to take on both Hillary Clinton and the liberal media, which will naturally want to destroy the GOP nominee.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...51446212101935

//////

Problem is, getting like minded questions and cooperative mods, Rubio will get his ass handed to him. Like Romney and McCain before him. And we still don't know how Rubio handles stress. Or we do - he ducks off camera for a drink of water.
    Last edited by 57Brave; 10-30-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    For real? Every politician lies.

Trump is basically one giant walking lie.
    Trump is not a politician but yeah he lies. I don't think Carson does, he is part Vulcan.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    I don't think Carson lies, and that might be part of his problem because he says some really odd ****.