Page 935 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 4358358859259339349359369379459851035 ... LastLast
Results 18,681 to 18,700 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Y'all can't even condemn the fact that influential leftists are calling for doxxing teenage kids

I love that kids are now being held to a higher standard than adults. I think looking at everything, they handled the situation about as well as can be reasonably expected, even if some were inappropriate... But that's an expected response from a teenager when confronted/insulted

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    I just don't agree with this mentality. Its a direct impairment of our first amendment rights. And I know you were using the 'Nazi' reference as an extreme to make a point but if that is how others view it then that is on them and not on the person wearing the MAGA hat. The root of the issue is that the media has whipped up a frenzy with the nation where a significant portion of the population thinks MAGA = NAZI. I mean for effs sake a US Congressman stated we need to ban MAGA (Yeah Yeah - He claimed it was a joke). If MAGA incites that feeling with someone then that is their fault.
    Find where I said they "can't" wear the hats or ban the hats in general. I'm saying they shouldn't have worn the hats at this particular event.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Y'all can't even condemn the fact that influential leftists are calling for doxxing teenage kids

I love that kids are now being held to a higher standard than adults. I think looking at everything, they handled the situation about as well as can be reasonably expected, even if some were inappropriate... But that's an expected response from a teenager when confronted/insulted
    Oh, don't worry. I hold all the adults in this little fracas to a very high standards and I think they all flunked.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Find where I said they "can't" wear the hats or ban the hats in general. I'm saying they shouldn't have worn the hats at this particular event.
    Sadly we have a us congressman actually suggesting to ban the hats

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    That is still an impairment where I stand. I would never tell someone what they can and can't wear.

We are way too sensative of a population. I understand your argument but the fault in it from my perspective is that it puts the onus on the wearer as if they are doing something wrong as opposed to the person who perceived a hat as a racist symbol. We need to understand why they think that and how did that happen.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Sadly we have a us congressman actually suggesting to ban the hats
    And he/she is ridiculous. Maybe I grew up in an era when the public-at-large looked at ludicrous suggestions and treated them as such. Problem with the communications revolution is that all the nutballs who once thought they were nuts and kept their mouths shut can now find nutballs of similar leanings (across the spectrum) and create their own little psychotic echo chambers and broadcast their idiotic ramblings. Again, free speech and all. Let it rip. But I hope we are teaching students to employ some measure of critical thinking when reading stuff. Same goes for this little event. Maybe it would just be better if folks just let things ride instead of making snap judgments. No laws were broken here. Disrespect was shown (who knows started it and who really cares), but that should be taken care of privately. Instead, we get a lot of noise with no one learning anything.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    That is still an impairment where I stand. I would never tell someone what they can and can't wear.

We are way too sensative of a population. I understand your argument but the fault in it from my perspective is that it puts the onus on the wearer as if they are doing something wrong as opposed to the person who perceived a hat as a racist symbol. We need to understand why they think that and how did that happen.
    And I'm not telling them they "can't" wear them. There's a big difference between "can't" and "shouldn't." Again, maybe that's how I was raised. I can wear blue jeans to church, but I don't wear blue jeans to church out of some measure of respect for the institution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    And I'm not telling them they "can't" wear them. There's a big difference between "can't" and "shouldn't." Again, maybe that's how I was raised. I can wear blue jeans to church, but I don't wear blue jeans to church out of some measure of respect for the institution.
    I know you are sensible and I'm sorry if I'm coming across as a dick. That is not my intention especially when talking with you.

My last thoughts are when you say 'Shouldn't' there is an implication that there is something inherently wrong with the hat and I just disagree with that contention.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    And he/she is ridiculous. Maybe I grew up in an era when the public-at-large looked at ludicrous suggestions and treated them as such. Problem with the communications revolution is that all the nutballs who once thought they were nuts and kept their mouths shut can now find nutballs of similar leanings (across the spectrum) and create their own little psychotic echo chambers and broadcast their idiotic ramblings. Again, free speech and all. Let it rip. But I hope we are teaching students to employ some measure of critical thinking when reading stuff. Same goes for this little event. Maybe it would just be better if folks just let things ride instead of making snap judgments. No laws were broken here. Disrespect was shown (who knows started it and who really cares), but that should be taken care of privately. Instead, we get a lot of noise with no one learning anything.
    We had a group hurling racist homophobic insults on video. Nobody is calling for doxing them.

The crime is here is the reaction to the video, even if the initial narrative is true. We have adults, many in our media a d many celebrities. Publicly calling for doxing teenage kids because of a smirk. Now these people, who couldn't be bothered to fact check the original video, are spending days trying to find dirt on these kids so they can keep attacking

That's the issue here... the hate of so many people to folks to the right of them has gotten out.of control.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    We had a group hurling racist homophobic insults on video. Nobody is calling for doxing them.

The crime is here is the reaction to the video, even if the initial narrative is true. We have adults, many in our media a d many celebrities. Publicly calling for doxing teenage kids because of a smirk. Now these people, who couldn't be bothered to fact check the original video, are spending days trying to find dirt on these kids so they can keep attacking

That's the issue here... the hate of so many people to folks to the right of them has gotten out.of control.
    The media (DNC) has done this to the country. The damage done far exceeds anything Russia has done and the investigation into that must be done.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    We need to know the enemy and what they've done in the past.

I'm sick of tip toeing around things. This is a deliberate attack on America and what we stand for.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    post 18615
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts

I love that kids are now being held to a higher standard than adults.
    addressed in post 18668...i would hold anyone to higher standards than the behavior displayed by the Hebrew Israelis

"I am your retribution."

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    seriously...i hope you know what you're doing...doesn't look like Covington group to me...and it really is irrelevant to what we have been discussing

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Holy **** you did it again!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Is it true that WAPO has reported that Nathan Phillips never served in Vietnam?
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Is it true that WAPO has reported that Nathan Phillips never served in Vietnam?
    has he claimed to have served in Vietnam?

"I am your retribution."