Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Grass clippings...you guys are too much.
    I read an article once where a man killed his wife over toe nail clippings.... this **** happens, whether you want to believe it or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Metaphysicist View Post
    If you have never wanted to punch a neighbor, you are a lucky man.
    I have found that there is a matrix similar to the crazy/hot scale for neighbors. Home prices that are too high will get you rude and stuck up neighbors. Home prices that are too low will get you a grab bag of other issues. After many failed locations, I have finally discovered a cul-de-sac that lies in the Goldilocks zone.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I read an article once where a man killed his wife over toe nail clippings.... this **** happens, whether you want to believe it or not.
    But its more fun to believe that:

1) Paddock had an Indonesian gf

2) Paul was attacked by a far-left proto-antifa agent

3) Seth Rich was ordered killed by the Clintons

Come on. You have to admit that's a hell of a lot more fun and entertaining.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

Carp (11-07-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Any day now Germany is going to release the goods on trump.

Any day trump will be thrown in jail for underage immigration scandal.

Any day....

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I enjoy all of this because the more extreme it gets the more I see how unstable the left is. They see their grip on society looseing and they cant understand how their perfect worldview isn't shared by everyone.
    Of course I disagree with the premise that "the left" has a grip on society to begin with, but in some ways I think that you are right in diagnosing a kind of shaking up of the elite consensus.

There are a lot of historical echoes of the 60s, and the ascension of Nixon and Reagan in the post-Goldwater shakeup of Republican politics. The ascendant movement is less ideologically rigid, and the governing consensus less liberal (relatively speaking) but there are a lot of similarities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Any day now Germany is going to release the goods on trump.

Any day trump will be thrown in jail for underage immigration scandal.

Any day....
    I was wondering when you would bring up Germany. The Germans prefer to stay well below the radar on all these matters. But if you read the news very carefully for indications of a German connection to recent events you will find them. I offer two hints: Papadopoulos and Appleby. Happy sleuthing.

"I am your retribution."

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I do find it funny that any calamity thrown about the Left, it is immediately brings up defenses, some are far-fetched, to make sure their slate is clean of any defects. They twist the truth so bad it is actually funny, hiding behind a myriad of half-truths and myths. All to them seems logical because again they have their noses in the air like their schit don't stink, but since everyone in their room has the nose in the air, they don't actually smell it.

Their party reeks to high heaven and the other party is no better but they don't try to hide it for the most part.l

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Of course I disagree with the premise that "the left" has a grip on society to begin with, but in some ways I think that you are right in diagnosing a kind of shaking up of the elite consensus.

There are a lot of historical echoes of the 60s, and the ascension of Nixon and Reagan in the post-Goldwater shakeup of Republican politics. The ascendant movement is less ideologically rigid, and the governing consensus less liberal (relatively speaking) but there are a lot of similarities.
    It's been interesting to watch Trump do his best to imitate Reagan while being nothing like him. The campaign slogan, the mocking of opponents, the war on regulations, the focus on immigration and tax reform.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I was wondering when you would bring up Germany. The Germans prefer to stay well below the radar on all these matters. But if you read the news very carefully for indications of a German connection to recent events you will find them. I offer two hints: Papadopoulos and Appleby. Happy sleuthing.
    I expect trump to go to jail because of this just like you promised us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts

Agreed and this is not isolated to the US either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I expect trump to go to jail because of this just like you promised us.
    he's had a long and so far successful career as a criminal...looks like his luck is starting to run out

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    he's had a long and so far successful career as a criminal...looks like his luck is starting to run out
    I think it's really likely that the reason they're trying to firewall his business from the investigation is that they've been complicit in laundering overseas money through high-end real estate sales. This is certainly not unique to Trump (it's apparently endemic in high-end real estate worldwide) and may have zero connection to the other Russia stuff, but I think you'd have to be in serious denial not to admit that it's a strong possibility.

It's a further consequence of the willingness to vote for the guy when his finances were completely opaque.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    I don't think anyone has ever made the argument that trumps an honest business man. The charges against him are for collusion with a foreign entity. If the findings don't support that then there will be a huge backlash of he is impeached.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I don't think anyone has ever made the argument that trumps an honest business man. The charges against him are for collusion with a foreign entity. If the findings don't support that then there will be a huge backlash of he is impeached.
    uh...not much doubt about collusion anymore

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    I think we may be down to questions of "who" and "when." Russia obviously threw a bunch of chum in the water, and the question now is if anyone bit, and what happened after.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    uh...not much doubt about collusion anymore
    Because of PapaD?

Holy guacamole.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Because of PapaD?

Holy guacamole.
    The outlines have been there for a while but the nature of the collusion is becoming clearer

1) Russians ascertain that there is interest from the Trump campaign in any dirt they can provide on Hillary

2) Trump campaign express eagerness for such dirt (meeting taken by Junior, Kushner and Manafort, the efforts by Papadopoulos, the efforts by Peter W Smith).

3) Russians express desire for better relations, which for them amounts to sanctions relief and acceptance of Crimean annexation

4) As a down payment, GOP platform plank on Ukraine is changed. Trump makes improved relations with Russia a big part of his campaign.

5) Podesta emails are released via Wikileaks.

I don't think we will find a signed memorandum of understanding spelling all this out. But the dots are there to be connected. Yet to be determined is if collusion took place at a more granular level (exchange of targeting information for certain groups of voters, etc). Collusion might also not be quite the right word. What seems to have happened is a sort of intricate dance out of which a convergence of interests emerged. Sometimes one partner led and other times the other did.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-07-2017 at 01:28 PM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Because of PapaD?

Holy guacamole.
    Can't say with any certainty, but the timeline leaves a lot to be explained. He was pitched on emails in April. He stayed involved with the campaign. There's no way right now to draw conclusions about what happened after that, but, given the way this has developed, it seems similarly fruitless to work under the assumption that nothing did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    The outlines have been there for a while but the nature of the colusion is becoming clearer

1) Russians ascertain that there is interest from the Trump campaign in any dirt they can provide on Hillary

2) Trump campaign express eagerness for such dirt (meeting taken by Junior, Kushner and Manafort, the efforts by Papadopoulos, the efforts by Peter W Smith).

3) Russians express desire for better relations, which for them amounts to sanctions relief and acceptance of Crimean annexation

4) As a down payment, GOP platform plank on Ukraine is changed. Trump makes improved relations with Russia a big part of his campaign.

5) Podesta emails are released via Wikileaks.

I don't think we will find a signed memorandum of understanding spelling all this out. But the dots are there to be connected. Yet to be determined is if collusion took place at a more granular level (exchange of targeting information for certain groups of voters, etc). Collusion might also not be quite the right word. What seems to have happened is a sort of intricate dance out of which a convergence of interests emerged. Sometimes one partner led and other times the other did.
    I think it's worth remembering the all of Trump's badmouthing of NATO and "wouldn't it be great if we got along with Russia?" statements on the stump.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I think it's worth remembering the all of Trump's badmouthing of NATO and "wouldn't it be great if we got along with Russia?" statements on the stump.
    And the strenuous denials kind of hint at something beneath the surface. Juniors denials of statements he supposedly made about how much Russian money the family business was seeing. Sessions strange memory lapses. Kushner's continual need to amend information provided. And of course Trump's interactions with Comey and his public admission he fired him to make the investigation go away.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-07-2017 at 01:34 PM.

"I am your retribution."