Thread: One Other Surprising Development

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

One Other Surprising Development

Having realized the gap in the market, word apparently leaked out that we were willing to listen on Inciarte already. Another one of those deals I wouldn't "expect", but could see the logic in...

Teheran and Inciarte for Soler, Baez, and Hammel.

Clearing Hammel's money gives them any extra money needed to land Heyward. Inciarte gives them their CF and allows the Cubs to leave Heyward in RF. Their rotation becomes Arrieta, Lester, Lackey, Teheran, Warren.

CF- Inciarte, RF- Heyward, 3B, Bryant, 1B- Rizzo, LF- Schwarber, 2B- Zobrist, C- Montero, SS- Russell

That's pure pie-in-the-sky, but I did hear the mention that we'd "listen" on Ender too.

Not so sure I'd HAVE to have Soler or Baez in a Teheran deal. I actually might even prefer to trade him to get the lesser names. If Julio would get you Billy McKinney and Willson Contreras I'd have a tough time saying no.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,128 Posts
    I think I'd hold onto Teheran and see what could be done in an Inciarte trade with the Cubs.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    Good gosh.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to smootness For This Useful Post:

emk418 (12-10-2015)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    Having realized the gap in the market, word apparently leaked out that we were willing to listen on Inciarte already. Another one of those deals I wouldn't "expect", but could see the logic in...

Clearing Hammel's money gives them any extra money needed to land Heyward. Inciarte gives them their CF and allows the Cubs to leave Heyward in RF. Their rotation becomes Arrieta, Lester, Lackey, Teheran, Warren.

CF- Inciarte, RF- Heyward, 3B, Bryant, 1B- Rizzo, LF- Schwarber, 2B- Zobrist, C- Montero, SS- Russell

That's pure pie-in-the-sky, but I did hear the mention that we'd "listen" on Ender too.

Not so sure I'd HAVE to have Soler or Baez in a Teheran deal. I actually might even prefer to trade him to get the lesser names. If Julio would get you Billy McKinney and Willson Contreras I'd have a tough time saying no.
    Hammel is pretty much as good of a pitcher as Julio at the moment so I don't see how just the freed up money and Inciarte tip the scales to also include 2 big name guys in Soler and Baez. Chicago would never do that.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts

Let's be reasonable here. I know we just made a great trade but you're not getting Soler, Baez, and Hammel for Teheran and Inciarte.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts

Actually now that they've got Heyward for sure...

Teheran and Inciarte for Soler, Willson Contreras, Jeimer Candelario, and Eloy Jimenez and call it a winter unless someone comes calling about Markakis!!!
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Cubs arent trading Baez, he can play everywhere but 1B in the infield, and play some outfield.

Soler is probably available just depends on how much it will cost for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,730 Posts
    How can he play all those positions but not 1b?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    How can he play all those positions but not 1b?
    I mean he could but i would guess Schwarber or Zobrist is the backup 1B.

Rizzo played in all but 2 games though.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts

That team on offense would be a juggernaut. Since I was born and partially raised in Chicago (Sox fan, but Dad and Bro Cubs) I would root for them. I would love to see my dad happy before his demise if the Cubs get to the World Series.

Mr. Free Trade
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    514 Posts
    Teheran and Inciarte for Soler, Baez and Contreras

Voted Worst Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,831 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsehide Harry View Post
    Teheran and Inciarte for Soler, Baez and Contreras
    Cubs arent trading Baez.

He can play pretty much everywhere and he'll eventually replace Zobrist as he declines.