Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A question no one has ever answered for me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ESP47 View Post
    How are we all takers? I pay about $700/mo for national defense, police protection, public schools etc. If you're a worker, you're a giver. If you're receiving government benefits, you're a taker. Lets not make it more complicated than it really is.
    100% on point.

No personal accountability. People just think they can make bad decisions over and over again and have the rest of us support them.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Yeah, I think it's in inaccurate to call people who work and pay taxes AND buy things and pay taxes "takers." The government isn't giving us this stuff for free, we who work and contribute pay for it.

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (10-11-2013), Tapate50 (10-11-2013), thethe (10-11-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post

Betcha half the posters ranting on and on with obscure stories of how he knew a guy who knew a guy --- can't answer half the quetions above?

What is the racial breakdown?

My lord, 3/4 y'all don't know what you're talking about
    I forgot. The 57 answer to everything is " you don't know what you are talking about" .

The anecdotes you give in the Aca thread are way worse and less reliable, but it's pretty obvious you love calling the "knew a guy " defense . I've posted hard facts in that thread you have not responded to whatsoever, but you "knew a couple" that it was gonna help . Ha.

You are the only one at plays the race card, and it's becoming fairly plain for all to see. It also matters for dick what race is on the govt dole...

I think you are from RI you said? If so, you deal with some of the best SOL in the US, and that wouldn't be a decent barometer for making your opinions.
    Ivermectin Man

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tapate50 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (10-11-2013), sturg33 (10-14-2013)

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    How are we all takers? I pay about $700/mo for national defense, police protection, public schools etc. If you're a worker, you're a giver. If you're receiving government benefits, you're a taker. Lets not make it more complicated than it really is.
    What I'm saying is we all receive government benefits in one form or another and believe it or not, everybody pays taxes as well. Just because you're poor doesn't mean you don't pay sales taxes or property taxes (and before you jump on me and say renters don't pay property taxes, landlords do and those property taxes are included in the calculation of rent).

If the poor have it so easy, go trade places with them and see how much fun it is.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    I forgot. The 57 answer to everything is " you don't know what you are talking about" .

The anecdotes you give in the Aca thread are way worse and less reliable, but it's pretty obvious you love calling the "knew a guy " defense . I've posted hard facts in that thread you have not responded to whatsoever, but you "knew a couple" that it was gonna help . Ha.

You are the only one at plays the race card, and it's becoming fairly plain for all to see. It also matters for dick what race is on the govt dole...

I think you are from RI you said? If so, you deal with some of the best SOL in the US, and that wouldn't be a decent barometer for making your opinions.
    I live in So Georgia temporarily a part of the USA.

If you doubt the numbers or situations I've provided - go to the sites and run the numbers for yourself! That is what I did with the posters examples from Minn and Ala.
    In both cases there were extenuating circumstances that I am pretty sure will disappear within the year. Regional Rates or something like that?? Cant remember

a) A self employed couple from Fla each between 55-60. Non smokers and no children living at home.
    b) Self employed couple between 21-30 the male of the couple smokes - they have one child. Live in Fla. They were paying $1200 a month

Do your own leg work - then you will know what you are talking about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Nobody is saying being poor is easy. Why even bring it up? Just because they don't have easy lives relative to some people doesn't mean some should be allowed to continue to abuse the system. Like I said... ignore the problem and see what happens to the system for those who truly need it.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    I got called smug for asking for numbers / data on just how much or how rampant these abuses are.
    Asking again,

Please, don't say any is too much -- because unless you show the numbers "any" is an urban myth

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    Nobody is saying being poor is easy. Why even bring it up? Just because they don't have easy lives relative to some people doesn't mean some should be allowed to continue to abuse the system. Like I said... ignore the problem and see what happens to the system for those who truly need it.
    I just tire of the demonization. Sure there are people that game the system and a lot of them are poor. There are frickin' rich f*cks who game the system for more money in one fell swoop than a welfare chiseler could pilfer in three lifetimes.

And maybe I should have used the words "consumers" instead of "takers," but the point remains, everyone posting here is getting something from the government.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

57Brave (10-11-2013)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I just tire of the demonization. Sure there are people that game the system and a lot of them are poor. There are frickin' rich f*cks who game the system for more money in one fell swoop than a welfare chiseler could pilfer in three lifetimes.

And maybe I should have used the words "consumers" instead of "takers," but the point remains, everyone posting here is getting something from the government.
    I'm tired of a bunch of crap liberals say if it makes you feel better. Doesn't mean it should be ignored though.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    I got called smug for asking for numbers / data on just how much or how rampant these abuses are.
    Now you're just being willfully ignorant... or at least I hope you are.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Show your math Wes

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Show your math Wes
    I get the feeling you aren't interested in the other side based on your earlier comments and the fact that you could easily look it up yourself but watch this: link

Read this: link 2

Share of newly disabled workers 2011:

Back pain: 38%
    Developmental disability: 20%

Don't tell me those 2 categories aren't ripe for abuse.

I believe disability should cover about 3-4% of the population. In a decent chuck of states it's more than 2 or 3 times that number.

In the past few decades, an entire disability-industrial complex has emerged. It has just one goal: Push more people onto disability. And, sometimes, it seems like the government is outmatched. This is especially true in the legal system.
    thank you weso1!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Of course there is abuse in entitlement programs. Just because a state has 9% of it's workers on disability doesn't mean 9% of those are gaming the system ! So, are you advocating throwing out the baby with the bathwater?
    It is interesting the states with the highest rates are also the states at the bottom of any number of categories. Poverty, education, infant mortality and unemployment
    Would you agree?

My thoughts go to this isn't so much an abuse of the system issue as simple poverty

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    What I'm saying is we all receive government benefits in one form or another and believe it or not, everybody pays taxes as well. Just because you're poor doesn't mean you don't pay sales taxes or property taxes (and before you jump on me and say renters don't pay property taxes, landlords do and those property taxes are included in the calculation of rent).

If the poor have it so easy, go trade places with them and see how much fun it is.
    Can you give me some examples of what benefits tax payers are receiving from the government for free? I might just be ignorant on the issue so I'd like to know what they are.

Also, if you don't have a job and are on welfare and other gov programs, how are you paying taxes? You might be paying sales tax when you go to the grocery store but you're paying sales tax with taxpayer money.

Why are you such a sympathizer? The poor do have it easy. What is so hard about not working? The rest of us have to spend 40+ hours a week at a place we don't want to be at while they stand in line a couple times a month and spend the other 99% doing nothing productive for society. No one attacks the guy who got laid off and has to go on unemployment or welfare to get back on his feet while he looks for another job. It's about the people that squeeze out multiple kids or do nothing to look for a job while spending their free paychecks on flat screens and smart phones. I don't want to trade places with them because I want a higher quality of life for myself and I don't want to be a leech on society.

In my opinion they need to be stricter on the people who are using gov assistance to live. It should suck so bad to be on gov assistance that you'll do anything to get a job. As of right now it's pretty easy. Especially for someone who's aspirations are to not work and still make money by not having money. Honestly it should be like when you're out of high school and still living at home with your parents where they are on your ass all the time about getting a job, going to school and moving out. Being on government assistance is like living at home with parents that just let you live in the basement while eating ho-ho's and playing xbox all day while never telling you that you need to go out and get a job or get a degree.
    Last edited by ESP47; 10-11-2013 at 05:29 PM.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ESP47 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (10-11-2013), CK86 (10-11-2013), sturg33 (10-14-2013)

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Can you give me some examples of what benefits tax payers are receiving from the government for free? I might just be ignorant on the issue so I'd like to know what they are.

Also, if you don't have a job and are on welfare and other gov programs, how are you paying taxes? You might be paying sales tax when you go to the grocery store but you're paying sales tax with taxpayer money.

Why are you such a sympathizer? The poor do have it easy. What is so hard about not working? The rest of us have to spend 40+ hours a week at a place we don't want to be at while they stand in line a couple times a month and spend the other 99% doing nothing productive for society. No one attacks the guy who got laid off and has to go on unemployment or welfare to get back on his feet while he looks for another job. It's about the people that squeeze out multiple kids or do nothing to look for a job while spending their free paychecks on flat screens and smart phones. I don't want to trade places with them because I want a higher quality of life for myself and I don't want to be a leech on society.

In my opinion they need to be stricter on the people who are using gov assistance to live. It should suck so bad to be on gov assistance that you'll do anything to get a job. As of right now it's pretty easy. Especially for someone who's aspirations are to not work and still make money by not having money. Honestly it should be like when you're out of high school and still living at home with your parents where they are on your ass all the time about getting a job, going to school and moving out. Being on government assistance is like living at home with parents that just let you live in the basement while eating ho-ho's and playing xbox all day while never telling you that you need to go out and get a job or get a degree.
    I wish I had the gif of the guy dropping the mic after landing this bomb.

Post of this thread and DEAD on.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to AerchAngel For This Useful Post:

ESP47 (10-12-2013)

Called Up to the Major Leagues Gary82's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    375 Posts
    I don't know what the answer is for those that choose not to work and try in this country or anywhere for that matter. A lot of these people are just dumbasses. They were raised poorly and they can't hold a job.

They have no skills. Unskilled workers are a dime a dozen, and there's no reason for businesses (in their mind) to pay them a decent wage.

I don't think a large percentage of those that rely on the government are these people. I think it's rather a small percentage, but it's been exaggerated by those who want to get ahead in politics; those who are racists; and those who rely solely on anecdotal evidence.

Now what should we do with those who take advantage of the system? Kick them off? Is that morally justified? It's one thing if these moochers are single and have no one that depends on them.

I certainly don't think charity is the answer. I don't think charity can take on so many. Plus, I don't want religious organizations to gain anymore power than they already do.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,881 Posts
    I live in So Georgia temporarily a part of the USA.

If you doubt the numbers or situations I've provided - go to the sites and run the numbers for yourself! That is what I did with the posters examples from Minn and Ala.
    In both cases there were extenuating circumstances that I am pretty sure will disappear within the year. Regional Rates or something like that?? Cant remember

a) A self employed couple from Fla each between 55-60. Non smokers and no children living at home.
    b) Self employed couple between 21-30 the male of the couple smokes - they have one child. Live in Fla. They were paying $1200 a month

Do your own leg work - then you will know what you are talking about
    I've done the leg work. It is what I do for a living every day. Our life health dept has about 200 years of experience between our top few guys. I have found it hilarious that you think you know what is happening, when it's obvious to everyone else what's reality.

BIL just posted his letter for his Aca compliant rate on Instagram ...up to 450 from 180 a month. Deductible up as well. But those numbers aren't real right? Obviously doesn't understand it right ?
    Last edited by Tapate50; 10-12-2013 at 06:52 AM.

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    While you're right that you're not taking solely, everyone benefits from the tax system. Now to what degree you benefit? That's to be determined. But in general there isn't a soul out there who doesn't benefit from paying taxes. Sure some benefit more than others (typically the really rich and the really poor) but what 50 said is more or less right. And while the poor don't pay into federal taxes they help on the local side.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg

Gwinnett Bound
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    While you're right that you're not taking solely, everyone benefits from the tax system. Now to what degree you benefit? That's to be determined. But in general there isn't a soul out there who doesn't benefit from paying taxes. Sure some benefit more than others (typically the really rich and the really poor) but what 50 said is more or less right. And while the poor don't pay into federal taxes they help on the local side.
    I'm not sure what you're getting at zito. Taxpayers benefit from the tax system because they pay into it. You pay for a service and then you get that service. You won't many that disagree with that system. The poor (I'm talking unemployed on gov assistance) absolutely do not help on the local side at all other than the fact that they just exist as human beings. Just because they pay sales tax at 7-11 doesn't mean they're a taxpayer. The taxpayer in that instance is the rest of America that worked a 9-5 job and was forced to give that unemployed person their money. You're basically giving a thief a pat on the back for stealing $100 off your dresser and then going into Wal-Mart to buy $100 worth of junk they have to pay taxes on.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ESP47 For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (10-14-2013), sturg33 (10-14-2013), thethe (10-12-2013)

Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,463 Posts
    I'm not sure what you're getting at zito. Taxpayers benefit from the tax system because they pay into it. You pay for a service and then you get that service. You won't many that disagree with that system. The poor (I'm talking unemployed on gov assistance) absolutely do not help on the local side at all other than the fact that they just exist as human beings. Just because they pay sales tax at 7-11 doesn't mean they're a taxpayer. The taxpayer in that instance is the rest of America that worked a 9-5 job and was forced to give that unemployed person their money. You're basically giving a thief a pat on the back for stealing $100 off your dresser and then going into Wal-Mart to buy $100 worth of junk they have to pay taxes on.
    Tax system benefits everyone. I bet if you did the research you'd find that you get more in government benefits than you pay in. Even the people that it doesn't, still benefit in a way.
    Stockholm, more densely populated than NYC - sturg