I was feeling a bit nostalgic, and went back and was looking at Andruw's career.

Man they got both votes wrong. While you can argue Pujols over Andruw. You can see it, Pujols was much better offensively. With Andruw you're buying into the hype of his elite defense. ANd the Cardinals won more games. Again I can see it but as a homer I think ANdruw should have gotten it.

But I really cannot get how Carpenter won the Cy over Dontrelle. Willis was lucky. But that hasn't stopped people from voting for players before. Dontrelle had a lower ERA than carpenter, More fWAR and rWAR, less Wins (which voters of that era cared about, see Bartolo Colon beating Johan Santana in Cy Young voting that year).

Add in for sprinkling to the stupidity of Carpenter's voting, he also got more MVP votes than Dontrelle, Chris Carpenter was dog **** at the plate while Dontrelle was quite good for a pitcher.

I hated Dontrelle when we faced him, he wasn'ta n amazing pitcher over his career. Dontrelle's 05 was one of the all time hose jobs. You cna usually point to wins being the tipping point. An amazing example is 2016, Rick Porcello had no business winning the Cy. But that's not the case here. Donrelle lead in all the traditional methods and got those wins on a kind of mediocre Marlins team.