Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    I'll wait for those rights that women are denied that men enjoy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    The idea of woman's right is a smoke screen to cover for pro abortion people. Sooner the country realizes it the better and we can begin to discuss the issue.

As sturg has pointed out there are no rights that men have which woman dont.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    The idea of woman's right is a smoke screen to cover for pro abortion people. Sooner the country realizes it the better and we can begin to discuss the issue.

As sturg has pointed out there are no rights that men have which woman dont.
    Umm please see the pic right above your post!! I do agree with you on the right to choose/reproductive rights/right to abortions though. They're all acronyms for each other. Personally I think it's more (at its root) about having control over their own lives, bodies, futures, and destinies than about just getting rid of a baby, but tragically the child is the first casualty of a war between women and the men they don't want to control them.

Waiting for Free Agency acesfull86's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    908 Posts
    Trump officially pulled the US from the TPP. Surprised he's not getting any credit from the Sanders fanboys here.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acesfull86 View Post
    Trump officially pulled the US from the TPP. Surprised he's not getting any credit from the Sanders fanboys here.
    I know it doesn't amount to much, but I'll give him credit for this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Some will be physically unable to give credit for anything he does. Even when the economy is back to where it should be peoplenty will still talk about irrelevant things like his beavior and tax returns. Like I've said before...a single mother with a new job is going to love the Trump presidency while the elitist liberals try to spew the same tired nonsense of sexism down her throat.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Some will be physically unable to give credit for anything he does. Even when the economy is back to where it should be peoplenty will still talk about irrelevant things like his beavior and tax returns. Like I've said before...a single mother with a new job is going to love the Trump presidency while the elitist liberals try to spew the same tired nonsense of sexism down her throat.
    Like I said, I'll give him credit for this, this is the sort of thing I was/am cautiously optimistic about regarding the Trumpster. Now if we could just renegotiate NAFTA

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oklahomahawk View Post
    Like I said, I'll give him credit for this, this is the sort of thing I was/am cautiously optimistic about regarding the Trumpster. Now if we could just renegotiate NAFTA
    I hope you know I wasn't talking about you.

I've always said that my vote for trump was based on two main reasons. Economic protection of the AMERICAN middle class and a harder stance on Islamic terrorism. All this other nonsense about tax returns is irrelevant to me aND ersonally I think it's just the left scared he will have a successful presidency and they will lose a grip on power in the western world they've had for the last 20 years.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I hope you know I wasn't talking about you.

I've always said that my vote for trump was based on two main reasons. Economic protection of the AMERICAN middle class and a harder stance on Islamic terrorism. All this other nonsense about tax returns is irrelevant to me aND ersonally I think it's just the left scared he will have a successful presidency and they will lose a grip on power in the western world they've had for the last 20 years.
    No, I didn't think that, it's just that he finally did something I agreed with and I thought I should say hurray before he screws it up. He is a politician now after all. ;)

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    I gave credit for the promise, and will give credit for following through.

I have conflicted, but mostly negative, feelings about these sorts of "free trade" deals—I don't like taking pennies out of the fists of struggling third-world workers; but I nonetheless believe that, as long as nation-states exist, their governments have to serve their immediate constituency first. And I think, though they're obviously complex agreements, that the constituency mostly served by free-trade deals are large corporations and the already-very-monied few—with workers only seeing slightly-cheaper goods, to which they nevertheless increasingly lose access, as they commensurably lose wages and work.

Meanwhile, I'm personally ok with paying more for goods and services that are as locally-derived as possible—though I'm skeptical that a lot of anti-free-trade folks are as amenable to that as I am, once the dust settles. So we'll have to see—if the President pursues with vigor this part of his ostensibly-populist agenda—how long broad support for it lasts.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Right - but you chose to define awe as being 'reverential' versus thethe's 'awestruck'. I think that's the distinction trying to be made here. Nobody is saying that Trump shouldn't respect the office.

As for Obama, I think a more experienced politician/leader wouldn't be watching his signature legislation being picked off right now. He was too much of a reserved idealist and tried to build coalitions with people who had no interest in sustaining them. His loss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Healthcare. My point was that given the political climate when Obama was elected he didn't necessarily need to build coalitions to get major legislation pushed through. There was a great deal of time wasted trying to bring more people onboard at the outset, which I chalk up to the rookie status of POTUS and his administration.

I always hoped ACA was a step toward universal healthcare, and I believe many Democrats did as well, so in that respect, whatever Trump does is absolutely damaging to the process. So, progress ... yes ... but real change? No.
    100%.

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    this is real and not the onion:

Trump Declares His Inauguration Date as ‘Day of Patriotic Devotion’

Donald Trump on Friday issued a proclamation declaring January 20, 2017, the day of his inauguration, a “National Day of Patriotic Devotion.” The decree was uploaded to the Federal Register on Monday and spotted by journalist Ken Klippenstein. The document is scheduled for official publication on Tuesday. “I, Donald J. Trump, President of the United States of America, by virtue of the authority vested in me by the Constitution and the laws of the United States, do hereby proclaim January 20, 2017, as National Day of Patriotic Devotion, in order to strengthen our bonds to each other and to our country—and to renew the duties of Government to the people,” the decree reads.

The document further asserts that “there is no freedom where the people do not believe in it; no law where the people do not follow it; and no peace where the people do not pray for it. There are no greater people than the American citizenry, and as long as we believe in ourselves, and our country, there is nothing we cannot accomplish.”
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    100%.
    I agree with Hawk's take on the ACA and of the coalition built to support it. It owed its passage to the sufferance of interest groups who weren't really stakeholders, and to Nancy Pelosi's House floor hardball.

I'm honestly fascinated to see what the Trump WH comes up with. It's an area where I'm relatively open-minded and my heart and mind are pretty much up for grabs. If Trump delivers on what he promises, I'm convincable. On the other hand, this is a guy who just promised to eradicate "radical Islamic terrorism" from the face of the earth, so I'm not betting the farm on the delivery of any health care promises.
    Last edited by Julio3000; 01-24-2017 at 08:13 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-23-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    I agree with Hawk's take on the ACA and of the coalition built to support it. It owed its passage to the sufferance of interest groups who weren't really stakeholders, and to Nancy Pelosi's House floor hardball.
    I still believe, if the ACA was going to be Obama's hill-to-die-on, he should've made it a damn better hill. I further believe that [MENTION=266]Hawk[/MENTION] is exactly correct regarding Obama's posture in his first two years: he was much too much a "reserved idealist [who] tried to build coalitions with people who had no interest in sustaining them"; but it was not just his loss: it was ours even more.

Given the margins and thresholds, he had much more of a "mandate" than either his predecessor or the current President; and yet he squandered them whilst fancying himself the true "uniter not divider" he campaigned to be. But as we always learn to reaffirm: campaigning is not governing. What sounds good to voters is not always what soundly gets the agenda implemented. The opposition seized on that failing of Obama's, and they likewise know well not to present the same opportunities for undermining and discrediting, under the guise of and flirtations at unity, now that they hold the keys to both the executive and legislative branches.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

Hawk (01-24-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Abby D. Phillip Verified account
    ‏@abbydphillip

NEW: Trump tells congressional leaders 3-5 million illegal ballots cost him the popular vote, repeating false claim

here, read it
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b58d3ffd74bb

why does Trump and his sycophants feel the need to keep talking bout the election?

Almost like they are afraid someone is going to take it from them

There was an old Groucho Marx song "How Can I Miss you If you Won't Go Away"
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-23-2017 at 09:20 PM.
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    Abby D. Phillip Verified account
    ‏@abbydphillip

NEW: Trump tells congressional leaders 3-5 million illegal ballots cost him the popular vote, repeating false claim

here, read it
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b58d3ffd74bb

why does Trump and his sycophants feel the need to keep talking bout the election?

Almost like they are afraid someone is going to take it from them

There was an old Groucho Marx song "How Can I Miss you If you Won't Go Away"

Why do you keep on posting about the election?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krgrecw View Post
    Why do you keep on posting about the election?
    cause the president keeps talking about it
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Obama wanted the Public Option, which by far would have been a step towards Uni.

He settled for ACA when Blue Dogs with money tied to the industry like Max Baucus pushed for the ACA instead.
    Forever Fredi

22. The Following User Says Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

goldfly (01-23-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts