Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 2691

Thread: 2019 Trade Deadline Thread:

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Kiley: "I’ve heard Waters and Pache are the two guys off the table in any talks for ATL"
    This makes me wonder if Anderson’s spin rate is a real concern since the Braves have the data and I’d have figured he along with Pache and Waters would be the 3 untouchable unless we were getting a legit game changing player in return.
    If they trade Anderson with his track record and youth for anything less then a controllable Ace or impact bat that would speak volumes about what they think of him and the data.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,151 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworm View Post
    This makes me wonder if Anderson’s spin rate is a real concern since the Braves have the data and I’d have figured he along with Pache and Waters would be the 3 untouchable unless we were getting a legit game changing player in return.
    If they trade Anderson with his track record and youth for anything less then a controllable Ace or impact bat that would speak volumes about what they think of him and the data.
    That’s true, but there is no sign that they’re interested in moving him for a smaller piece.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hudson2 View Post
    Hearing the Mets are seriously listening on Thor. That would be an amazing get.
    I think they're more "listening" than listening. If they get offered a franchise changing offer, they might deal him. But they really have no incentive to move him otherwise. Especially not within the division.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    I feel like an Anderson package might be big enough here. He’s no Stroman, but no slouch.
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    IMO, Houston or LAD are the most likely landing spots, if they do indeed trade him this summer. We match up well also, but not quite as good as those 2 teams, unless they are in love with Riley and we're willing to move (I am).
    Last edited by Carp; 07-25-2019 at 10:03 AM.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    IMO, Houston or LAD are the most likely landing spots, if they do indeed trade him this summer. We match up well also, but not quite as good as those 2 teams, unless they are in love with Riley and we're willing to move (I am).
    Agreed. Selling high on Riley to a team dreaming on him as a young masher may be the best long term value he can provide the Braves.

Something like Thor for Riley and Wright/Anderson could be a serious impact addition...assuming the Braves staff can do a better job keeping Thor on the field than the Mets awful staff did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Agreed. Selling high on Riley to a team dreaming on him as a young masher may be the best long term value he can provide the Braves.

Something like Thor for Riley and Wright/Anderson could be a serious impact addition...assuming the Braves staff can do a better job keeping Thor on the field than the Mets awful staff did.
    We have to move Wright this offseason imo if we don’t intend to keep him in the rotation. Him and Riley could headline a package for Thor and I’d be fine with it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts
    Wheeler is supposed to pitch tomorrow. If he shows he's healthy I'd make a run at him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Like others have said. If it’s not a true impact addition I’d rather hold steady in the rotation.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post

Make that move, then sign Rendon in the offseason. Boom.
    "Acuna is getting lucky, just like CJ did when he batted .321 and won a batting title. He is unlikely to get lucky at the MLB level over an extended period of time. He will settle in around .300-.320 just like everyone else, and when he does, he won't be within shouting distance of the 1.000 OPS he is posting in AAA...more like low .700s in 2018." -Enscheff 8/25/17

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts
    Like others have said. If it’s not a true impact addition I’d rather hold steady in the rotation.
    I have no desire to overpay for a number 2 starter. There are several 2s out there with ace price tags that we need to steer clear of.

That being said, I think there's something to be said for a depth addition. Wheeler has the stuff to go on a dominant run or over power a lineup in the playoffs. A guy like Minor could steady the rotation, take innings off the young arms, and be a weapon out of the pen if necessary.

I think there are ways to improve the rotation without an ace but I definitely wouldn't give up anything really valuable for those options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    I have no desire to overpay for a number 2 starter. There are several 2s out there with ace price tags that we need to steer clear of.

That being said, I think there's something to be said for a depth addition. Wheeler has the stuff to go on a dominant run or over power a lineup in the playoffs. A guy like Minor could steady the rotation, take innings off the young arms, and be a weapon out of the pen if necessary.

I think there are ways to improve the rotation without an ace but I definitely wouldn't give up anything really valuable for those options.
    I like Wheeler and think he could help a lot down the stretch and the playoffs I’m just afraid the Mets are gonna have a high price tag. Especially to us.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,493 Posts
    According to Rosenthal: Mets are exploring an extension for Wheeler and trading Thor
    Get off my lawn!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,701 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanforlife88 View Post
    According to Rosenthal: Mets are exploring an extension for Wheeler and trading Thor
    That's strange to me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,991 Posts
    I don’t get it but if that’s the case go get Thor now if it can be doe without trading Waters or Pache... although I’d probably be willing to trade Waters for someone like Thor

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,049 Posts
    That stinks of the Mets trying to drum up the price on Wheeler. He's a rental who will almost certainly test the FA waters this offseason. He's also coming off a recent injury. The Mets have very little leverage and so are probably getting extremely low offers at this point. They want the idea that they could keep Wheeler floated out there as a viable alternative to try to get people to up their offers.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    2:17
    Jenski: Hi Craig, what is the min/max return a Tigers fan could expect in a Matt Boyd deal? Does he even get traded?

2:19
    Craig Edwards: I don’t think he gets dealt. There are enough concerns that he probably won’t get the return the Tigers want. I think two top-100ish guys with none in the top-30 or so plus some lottery tickets is a reasonable return right now, which is why they probably hold onto him.

That's a package of Anderson/Wright plus another 50, plus another couple fill ins for Boyd. It's hard to imagine the Tigers holding out for more while being non-contenders, but that seems like exactly what they are going to do.

The Tigers holding onto Boyd while losing a bunch of games because they have an unreasonable ask is why they are going to fail in a rebuild. They already wasted Fulmer's value, and they are likely to do the same with Boyd's. All around terrible FO.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,537 Posts
    Sounding like the Mets are shopping Thor.

I would make an aggressive offer. Any two of Anderson, Fried, Wright, Riley, Wilson, Muller.

I would NOT include Pache and Waters in any deal.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    2:48
    ryan: you mentioned what type of return you think the Reds could fetch from the Athletics for Puig, but what do you think a realistic return from the Indians would be?

2:48
    Craig Edwards: Probably one of their 45s.

That's like Wentz for Puig to fill in LF. Puig would be a good get for a package similar to what it costs for an elite BP arm rental...2-3 40s maybe a 45 as the centerpiece, preferably using quantity over quality.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,129 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    Sounding like the Mets are shopping Thor.

I would make an aggressive offer. Any two of Anderson, Fried, Wright, Riley, Wilson, Muller.

I would NOT include Pache and Waters in any deal.
    Ideal scenario is they value Riley as a future Peter Alonso, and the Braves get Thor for something like Riley plus a non Wright/Anderson arm.