Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Truck attack in NYC

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    But you realize that's a symptom of general religious/spiritual intolerance, and not a sickness endemic to Islam, right?

No, I do not. Your assertion is just that - an assertion - and a highly patronizing one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BedellBrave View Post
    No, I do not. Your assertion is just that - an assertion - and a highly patronizing one.
    "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem; but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..."

"And fight them until fitna is no more, and religion be only for Allah."

The Messenger of Allah said: "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay zakat."

"When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withhold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them ... If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them"

"Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshiped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning will be done by Allah."

"Testify that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah, or else I will chop off your neck!"

"Then the apostle sent Khalid bin Walid… to the Banu al-Harith and ordered him to invite them to Islam three days before he attacked them. If they accepted then he was to accept it from them, and if they declined he was to fight them. So Khalid set out and came to them, and sent out riders in all directions inviting the people to Islam, saying, “If you accept Islam you will be safe.” So the men accepted Islam as they were invited."

"Muhammad said: 'Proceed on and do not look about until Allah grants you victory', and Ali went a bit and then halted and did not look about and then said in a loud voice: 'Allah's Messenger, on what issue should I fight with the people?' Thereupon he said: 'Fight with them until they bear testimony to the fact that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger' "

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Stop with facts Jaw. People don't want to hear about this. Just like they willfully ignore what has happened in Europe and claim we should take more refugees in.

Inaction at the risk of your children.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Stop with facts Jaw. People don't want to hear about this. Just like they willfully ignore what has happened in Europe and claim we should take more refugees in.

Inaction at the risk of your children.
    I am admittedly biased in this as a devoted follower of Christ, but how can anyone look at the teachings of Christ and the teachings of Muhammad and come to the conclusion that all religions are the same? One was all about love and turning the other cheek, the other sent out armies to exterminate anyone who disagreed with him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    I am admittedly biased in this as a devoted follower of Christ, but how can anyone look at the teachings of Christ and the teachings of Muhammad and come to the conclusion that all religions are the same? One was all about love and turning the other cheek, the other sent out armies to exterminate anyone who disagreed with him.
    I'm agnostic and feel the same way. Islam is based on evil teachings. It's ignorant to say otherwise. This has been this way for over 1000 years.

Islam is a disease that needs to be dealt with immediately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Since he was mentioned earlier in this thread, I offer the following quote from Bernard Lewis for everyone's edification:

Muslim fighters are commanded not to kill women, children, or the aged unless they attack first; not to torture or otherwise ill-treat prisoners; to give fair warning of the opening of hostilities or their resumption after a truce; and to honor agreements. ... At no time did the classical jurists offer any approval or legitimacy to what we nowadays call terrorism. Nor indeed is there any evidence of the use of terrorism as it is practiced nowadays.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    “Radicalized domestically”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    “Radicalized domestically”
    It's a big problem in the US. The only reason we haven't been attacked more is luck

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem; but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them..."

"And fight them until fitna is no more, and religion be only for Allah."

The Messenger of Allah said: "I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah, and they establish prayer and pay zakat."

"When you meet your enemies who are polytheists, invite them to three courses of action. If they respond to any one of these, you also accept it and withhold yourself from doing them any harm. Invite them to Islam; if they respond to you, accept it from them and desist from fighting against them ... If they refuse to accept Islam, demand from them the Jizya. If they agree to pay, accept it from them and hold off your hands. If they refuse to pay the tax, seek Allah's help and fight them"

"Allah's Apostle said: "I have been ordered to fight against the people until they testify that none has the right to be worshiped but Allah and that Muhammad is Allah's Apostle, and offer the prayers perfectly and give the obligatory charity, so if they perform a that, then they save their lives and property from me except for Islamic laws and then their reckoning will be done by Allah."

"Testify that none has the right to be worshipped except Allah, or else I will chop off your neck!"

"Then the apostle sent Khalid bin Walid… to the Banu al-Harith and ordered him to invite them to Islam three days before he attacked them. If they accepted then he was to accept it from them, and if they declined he was to fight them. So Khalid set out and came to them, and sent out riders in all directions inviting the people to Islam, saying, “If you accept Islam you will be safe.” So the men accepted Islam as they were invited."

"Muhammad said: 'Proceed on and do not look about until Allah grants you victory', and Ali went a bit and then halted and did not look about and then said in a loud voice: 'Allah's Messenger, on what issue should I fight with the people?' Thereupon he said: 'Fight with them until they bear testimony to the fact that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his Messenger' "
    what are your thoughts on the non-canonical gospels and events such as the Inquisition...it seems to me that both Islam and Christianity are open to interpretation and yes perversion...I took a college class in Islam a long time ago and know quite a few Muslims (including those who practice the Sufi way)...it seems to me that too many people are all too willing to tar Muslims with an awfully broad brush

"I am your retribution."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to nsacpi For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-01-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Yup. Islamaphobia is the problem we should focus on and not the teachings of islam.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    what are your thoughts on the non-canonical gospels and events such as the Inquisition...it seems to me that both Islam and Christianity are open to interpretation and yes perversion...I took a college class in Islam a long time ago and know quite a few Muslims (including those who practice the Sufi way)...it seems to me that too many people are all too willing to tar Muslims with an awfully broad brush

Two basic questions for you. If the historical record of the life of Muhammad is accurate, did he propagate his control of the Arabian Peninsula and thus bring it under his dar-al-islam by the sword and did his followers spread dar-al-islam, following in his footsteps, by the sword? And secondly, do you believe it is the desire of the majority of Muslims for dar-al-islam (house of peace) to include the entire world?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Yup. Islamaphobia is the problem we should focus on and not the teachings of islam.
    I will always be grateful for the feeling of safety and security that your clear-eyed and sober analysis has provided to all of us. I sleep more soundly knowing thethe is out there looking out for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I will always be grateful for the feeling of safety and security that your clear-eyed and sober analysis has provided to all of us. I sleep more soundly knowing thethe is out there looking out for us.
    And I always love your intellectual viewpoint where you muttle truths. It's really helped keep us safe by confusing people. To deny the role Islam plays in this is pathetic. Willful ignorance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Two basic questions for you. If the historical record of the life of Muhammad is accurate, did he propagate his control of the Arabian Peninsula and thus bring it under his dar-al-islam by the sword and did his followers spread dar-al-islam, following in his footsteps, by the sword? And secondly, do you believe it is the desire of the majority of Muslims for dar-al-islam (house of peace) to include the entire world?
    With respect to your first question. Yes, Islam was propagated in part by the sword.

With respect to the second. I am not in a position to answer authoritatively what the desire of the majority of Muslims are. I will note that the vast majority of Muslims do not participate in terrorist activities. I do not share their religious beliefs. Some of those beliefs I find disturbing. But I would not criminalize or discriminate on the basis of religious beliefs. It should also be noted that as a practical matter beliefs can be difficult to discern. And easy to conceal for those who wish to do so.
    Last edited by nsacpi; 11-01-2017 at 11:17 AM.

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    And I always love your intellectual viewpoint where you muttle truths. It's really helped keep us safe by confusing people. To deny the role Islam plays in this is pathetic. Willful ignorance.
    I apologize if I have done anything to sow confusion inside that brain of yours.

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    With respect to your first question. Yes, Islam was propagated in part by the sword.

With respect to the second. I am not in a position to answer authoritatively what the desire of the majority of Muslims are. I will note that the vast majority of Muslims do not participate in terrorist activities. I do not share their religions beliefs. Some of those beliefs I find disturbing. But I would not criminalize or discriminate on the basis of religious beliefs.
    Islam was propagated by its founder by the sword let it be noted for the record.

Let it also be noted for the record that it's Islam 101 to desire that all the world become dar-al-islam. That's a no brainer.

Let is also be noted, that it's not good form as a faithful follower of "Allah's prophet Muhammad" to criticize Muhammad's practices...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Jaw (11-01-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    The recent pew research said all you need to know how worldwide Muslims feel. This is not a small problem despite what the academic's on this board want everyone to think.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    Let it also be noted for the record, that I had to be scuttled out of a country due to the assassination of a Muslim Governor. His "crime?" Daring to question his country's blasphemy laws routinely used against Christians.

So pardon me if I don't get on board with this Western, naive, and patronizing view of Islam held by folk who've taken Comparative Religions 101. Oh btw, let it also be put on the record that I love Muslims and will continue to seek to reach them no matter the risks...

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BedellBrave For This Useful Post:

Hawk (11-01-2017), Jaw (11-01-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Islam was propagated by its founder by the sword let it be noted for the record.

Let it also be noted for the record that it's Islam 101 to desire that all the world become dar-al-islam. That's a no brainer.

Let is also be noted, that it's not good form as a faithful follower of "Allah's prophet Muhammad" to criticize Muhammad's practices...
    noted for the record

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,066 Posts
    noted for the record

Excellent!