Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Thread for Games ...

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    The presence of David Peterson in the system makes me wonder about him. Anyone here seen him pitch? His stat line has always been uneven, but there must be something to like or he'd have been gone a long time ago.

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    EOF has been unbelievable this spring. What's behind the resurgence? I realize it's only spring, but regardless, he's pitching much better than last season
    He looked filthy today didn't he?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    He looked filthy today didn't he?
    Just saw a box score

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Ugly start to this one

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,837 Posts
    Ugly start to this one
    our lack of offense is going to be an issue imo

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thewupk For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (03-26-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Ugly start to this one
    Dickey had his best game this spring despite the bad defense early on.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Does anyone know who we have starting on the mound for the Yankees game at SunTrust? Planning on going to that one and was curious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Does anyone know who we have starting on the mound for the Yankees game at SunTrust? Planning on going to that one and was curious.
    I noted this in Bowman's Dickey piece: "Dickey will work at least a couple innings during Friday's exhibition game against the Yankees at SunTrust Park and then prepare for Pittsburgh's climate during the bullpen session he'll complete at New York's Citi Field during the regular season's first series."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Wisler giving up too many hits, but no runs against a real mets' lineup. Good sign

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    I'm still bullish on Wisler. I hope we don't give up on him. His success so far in the majors has been erratic and less than impressive but I think he's one of those guys that you be patient with, give him time, and he will end up being good.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    Wisler is garbage, get him outta the game. Snitker is going to blow another game. Can't believe we're going to lose to the freakin Mets

I'm so tired about hearing about our farm system. If we had such a great system with overwhelming talent we should be overpowering other teams in spring training. Have we even won a game yet this spring? I mean cmon this is horrible.

First baseman are easy to come by, yet we have no one outside of Freeman in the organization that is worth a damn and had to call upon the backup quarterback of the Raiders from a decade ago to fill in.

No wonder why we wanted Tebow.

Eddie Perez is still our best catcher on the roster. And can someone explain to me why he's first base coach when he should be catching coach?

Snitker is a terrible manager. Yes he's intense and can get the crowd going up against the umps but that's about it.

Alvarez is horrible. The pitching is awful. Explain to me why I have to watch 800 lb Bartolo and 70 year old Dinky Dick pitch this year?

Mel Rojas should be on the opening day roster yet I don't even see him mentioned. He looks like a Mlb player to me compared to some of the other trash were hanging on to like Bonafacio.

We better get the infielder from Baltimore this offseason otherwise this rebuild is a bust and we won't be legit contenders at all. Then again I'm sure this front office would be happy with 60 wins a year and try to convince us that they are contenders and oh look look look at that farm system that is so overrated.

Where's the next Justice, Gant, and Chipper? Guess what, there isn't anyone in our farm that could hold there jock. Hell there isn't even a Javy or Klesko. Acuna could be but he reminds me more of Ruben Rivera.
    Last edited by Millwood1Hitter; 03-26-2017 at 01:47 PM.

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Millwood1Hitter View Post
    Wisler is garbage, get him outta the game. Snitker is going to blow another game. Can't believe we're going to lose to the freakin Mets

I'm so tired about hearing about our farm system. If we had such a great system with overwhelming talent we should be overpowering other teams in spring training. Have we even won a game yet this spring? I mean cmon this is horrible.

First baseman are easy to come by, yet we have no one outside of Freeman in the organization that is worth a damn and had to call upon the backup quarterback of the Raiders from a decade ago to fill in.

Eddie Perez is still our best catcher on the roster. And can someone explain to me why he's first base coach when he should be catching coach?

Snitker is a terrible manager. Yes he's intense and can get the crowd going up against the umps but that's about it.

Alvarez is horrible. The pitching is awful. Explain to me why I have to watch 800 lb Bartolo and 70 year old Dinky Dick pitch this year?

Mel Rojas should be on the opening day roster yet I don't even see him mentioned. He looks like a Mlb player to me compared to some of the other trash were hanging on to like Bonafacio.

We better get the infielder from Baltimore this offseason otherwise this rebuild is a bust and we won't be legit contenders at all. Then again I'm sure this front office would be happy with 60 wins a year and try to convince us that they are contenders and oh look look look at that farm system that is so overrated.

Where's the next Justice, Gant, and Chipper? Guess what, there isn't anyone in our farm that could hold there jock. Hell there isn't even a Javy or Klesko. Acuna could be but he reminds me more of Ruben Rivera.
    greg maddux used to have an era of about 200 every spring.

but really, are you seriously upset about losing a spring training game?

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    345 Posts
    I don't want to lose to the Mets ever. Not then, not now, not ever. I don't care if it's a simulated game for Terry Collins to figure out when he should pull his starter.

And it's not just that. Everyone soooo excited about all this young talent yet I see no one that screams super star.

We're not winning jack now or in the future. And if we're lucky and we do somehow get good we're going to be against our arch nemesis from the 90s in the Yanks who have a loaded system and resources that only we can dream of.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,487 Posts
    I don't want to lose to the Mets ever. Not then, not now, not ever. I don't care if it's a simulated game for Terry Collins to figure out when he should pull his starter.

And it's not just that. Everyone soooo excited about all this young talent yet I see no one that screams super star.

We're not winning jack now or in the future. And if we're lucky and we do somehow get good we're going to be against our arch nemesis from the 90s in the Yanks who have a loaded system and resources that only we can dream of.
    Dansby Acuna allard freid have all looked okay

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

Actually, Bonifacio has shown that he's back to the player he was in his prime.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,044 Posts
    Millwood is a troll, guys.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,941 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by smootness View Post
    Millwood is a troll, guys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,642 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    I like the hair but those eyes are too freaky.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Garcia just destroyed that ball for a double. Hope he's ok

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,675 Posts
    Swanson drove that ball. We doubling them to death