Page 79 of 117 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2323

Thread: Around the League: 2017 offseason edition / 2018 Season

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,522 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SJ24 View Post
    BREAKING: Nats are in discussions with Reds about Matt Harvey and Raisel Iglesias.
    lol

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    BREAKING: Nats are in discussions with Reds about Matt Harvey and Raisel Iglesias.
    Guess they are tired of Gio walking a hundred guys per game

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,863 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    Harper’s walk year really isn’t going how Rizzo envisioned it
    Going to be hearing about possible destinations for Harper at the deadline soon.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Southcack77 View Post
    Based on what I can see from the pitch f/x data and your analysis of it, there is no evidence he is deploying a SI or at least that he is deploying a good one.

Rumors that he is experimenting with one or perhaps evidence that he has a bad one doesn't move his stock a whole lot with me.

And if we are talking about a #3 starter type at best, then I'm comfortable moving him for something substantial or something with control. I'm not real interested in moving him for situational relievers or platoon bats without control.
    Hand, Iglesias, or maybe Barraclough, sure. Britton or Moustakas, *ell no.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,704 Posts
    They starting to panic

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Based on what I can see from the pitch f/x data and your analysis of it, there is no evidence he is deploying a SI or at least that he is deploying a good one.

Rumors that he is experimenting with one or perhaps evidence that he has a bad one doesn't move his stock a whole lot with me.

And if we are talking about a #3 starter type at best, then I'm comfortable moving him for something substantial or something with control. I'm not real interested in moving him for situational relievers or platoon bats without control.
    When I looked at it a month ago his SI graded out as solidly above average.

I’ll take a look at the new data if I think about it when I get back to work after the 4th.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    220 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by msstate7 View Post
    They starting to panic
    Does that mean Herrera is available?

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    I'd want a controllable RP with at least 1 more year of control after this year if we're giving something up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    I'd want a controllable RP with at least 1 more year of control after this year if we're giving something up.
    You give up more for that extra year. Loup is a rental and would cost less than Avilan who has 1 year of additional control who in turn would cost less than Claudio who has 3 more years of control.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,990 Posts
    One start has drastically raised Fried's perceived profile around here.

Maybe it should have. Dunno.
    I've been aboard the Fried train since we traded for him. But this isn't about recent performance. Fried was a top 100 prospect before the season and to this point has only improved that value. I liked Britton pre-injury, but achilles ruptures are no joke and he's currently struggling in his return from injury. There is zero way a rental RP that is struggling on his way back from a major injury is worth anything near Max Fried.
    Last edited by Carp; 07-03-2018 at 04:01 PM.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

clvclv (07-03-2018), UNCBlue012 (07-04-2018)

Approaching Buddy Hernandez Territory
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    154 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    I've been aboard the Fried train since we traded for him. But this isn't about recent performance. Fried was a top 100 prospect before the season and to this point has only improved that value. I liked Britton pre-injury, but achilles ruptures are no joke and he's currently struggling in his return from injury. There is zero way a rental RP that is struggling on his way back from a major injury is worth anything near Max Fried.
    Yeah I think people forget he was one of the Padres top prospects when the Braves traded for him. He was just coming off TJ surgery.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Orphan Black For This Useful Post:

UNCBlue012 (07-04-2018)

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Mac to the DL - not that it's going to slow them down any.

Finally starting to break down.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,135 Posts
    Clvderp...seriously...

Did you just quote my preseason win prediction in your sig when you predicted the same win totals?

Are you truly that mentally challenged lol?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Enscheff For This Useful Post:

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Clvderp...seriously...

Did you just quote my preseason win prediction in your sig when you predicted the same win totals?

Are you truly that mentally challenged lol?
    I absolutely did - you're the only person that will be so terribly butthurt when people point out the fact that your spreadsheet GUESSES aren't one bit more reliable than any of the ones the others of us just grabbed out of thin air.

Sucks to be so wrong, doesn't it??? The funny thing about it is that you just pointed out that if something changes and you turn out to be right, you could have saved yourself a lot of time by just tossing out a random number like I did.

Apparently I'm no more mentally challenged than you.

Voted Worst Poster
    '13, '14, '15 (Co-Winner)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,832 Posts
    Nats DFA'd Tim Collins today, worth a look.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,539 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyward View Post
    Nats DFA'd Tim Collins today, worth a look.
    hasn't been any good since 2012-13...but wouldn't mind stashing him in AAA where we have little in the way of lefty depth
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,993 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post
    I absolutely did - you're the only person that will be so terribly butthurt when people point out the fact that your spreadsheet GUESSES aren't one bit more reliable than any of the ones the others of us just grabbed out of thin air.

Sucks to be so wrong, doesn't it??? The funny thing about it is that you just pointed out that if something changes and you turn out to be right, you could have saved yourself a lot of time by just tossing out a random number like I did.

Bro... you seriously need to give it up...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to zbhargrove For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,522 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clvclv View Post

The dumb is strong with this one.

High School Draftee
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Bleacher Reports guess to what a Braves trade for deGrom would look like:

Trade Package

RHP Kyle Wright (No. 2 ATL prospect, No. 25 MLB prospect)

With a 6'4", 200-pound frame and a four-pitch mix that has a chance to be above-average or better across the board, Wright has all the makings of a future ace.

The No. 5 pick in the 2017 draft opened the season in Double-A, and he's gone 5-7 with a 4.18 ERA and 89 strikeouts in 88.1 innings—strong results considering how aggressively he's been pushed.

Wright might have the highest ceiling in a deep stable of Atlanta pitching prospects and he's a viable blockbuster centerpiece.

LHP Luiz Gohara (No. 3 ATL prospect, No. 41 MLB prospect)

Few left-handed pitching prospects have the pure stuff of Gohara. He can touch triple-digits with his fastball and backs it with a wipeout slider and an improving changeup.

The continued improvement of his changeup and overall command will determine his ultimate ceiling, but power lefties don't grow on trees, and worst-case scenario, he'd be a major weapon out of the bullpen.

High-floor starter Kolby Allard could also be a fit as the second piece of this package. Gohara offers more upside, though.

OF Cristian Pache (No. 8 ATL prospect, No. 99 MLB prospect)

Now that Ronald Acuna has moved to the majors, Pache is the top outfield prospect in the system and a precocious prospect in his own right.

Still just 19, he's already playing at High-A Florida, where he's hitting .270 with 24 extra-base hits. His speed and defense are his best present tools, but he has a chance as a plus hitter as well, with at least some playable gap power.

According to MLB.com, he has a chance to become an "All-Star-caliber player," and that's the type of upside the Mets should be looking for.

RHP Touki Toussaint (No. 10 ATL prospect)

Drafted No. 16 overall in 2014, Toussaint was one of the youngest players in the class and he just turned 22 last month.

MLB.com wrote: "The Braves feel Toussaint grew more emotionally than perhaps any other starting pitching prospect in their system in 2017. He came to baseball, and pitching, a bit later than many, which might be a reason why adjustments have taken longer for him. He can get by with improper mechanics, but when he is in sync, he can dominate, and the Braves feel his athleticism will help him get there eventually, with a ceiling of a No. 2 starter."

He's still a work in progress, but the results are starting to match his upside, as he's gone 4-6 with a 2.93 ERA, 1.19 WHIP and 107 strikeouts in 86 innings this season at Double-A Mississippi.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...-degrom#slide1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,704 Posts
    Nats' Fedde pulled after 1+ with an injury