Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    This didn't change my opinion of Trump.
    in other shocking news

the sun will rise from the east and set in the west tomorrow
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    and if you honestly can't tell the difference in "locker room talk" and what he was saying, you obviously aren't going to understand what he was saying isn't locker room talk

he wasn't saying, "man, Jennifer has nice tits and stems. i would like to **** her"
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Wow. Didn't expect to find false indignation here.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

Garmel (10-08-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    in other shocking news

the sun will rise from the east and set in the west tomorrow
    Crude misogynists say crude and misogynistic things. It's not surprising.
    thank you weso1!

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Well I've said things in the past about good-looking women in less mature days I wouldn't be proud of. This was a grown man bragging about how he could get away with what amounts to sexual assault. So there's a distinguishable difference. And I think character matters in picking presidents, governors, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    And I'm a father, but have a son. i don't have a daughter yet but know I'd punch Trump in the face if he called mine a piece of ass. Any of you guys out there with daughters think it's OK to sign off on calling your daughter a piece of ass?

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts

Dayum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

Dayum.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts
    The egg is on the GOP faces. They could have stopped his rise years ago with the start of the birther crap. Their fear and hated of the black man in the white house allowed this foolishness. They refused to stand up to the crazy tea party nuts and their racist garbage.

Im loving this as a black woman. I think sweet revenge for Obama would be after he leaves the white house he gets some lawyers together to work for free on a slander lawsuit against Trump for the Central Park 5. Hell id donate money to support that case.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    And I think character matters in picking presidents, governors, etc.
    Agreed. But some food for thought; Americans, in recent years, have shown a willingness to 'forgive' politicians who have transgressed into these type of waters when the individuals are transparent and contrite about it. Mark Sanford is a sterling example, but Anthony Wiener was polling surprisingly well when he ran for Mayor of NYC a few years ago before new allegations surfaced. If Donald Trump has a spitting chance in hell - which I believe he still does - then he has a find a way to bluntly tap into that sympathetic vein of the electorate on Sunday night ... while assailing Hillary in the very next breath. What a tightrope.

The 'pussy' question will almost assuredly lead the debate. Will Trump be as prepared as Newt Gingrich was for John King's question about his preference for open relationships during the SC GOP primary debate in 2012? Gingrich nailed it, hands down won the debate (and the primary, which was not expected) less than a minute in. I honestly don't think Donald will, and expect him to spend literally the entire night on the defensive. A true white flag moment. I'm going to be watching and I suspect a whole helluva lot of other people are too.

If he can somehow redeem himself from this ... he will win the election.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    what election ?
    You make me laugh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,022 Posts
    Agreed. But some food for thought; Americans, in recent years, have shown a willingness to 'forgive' politicians who have transgressed into these type of waters when the individuals are transparent and contrite about it. Mark Sanford is a sterling example, but Anthony Wiener was polling surprisingly well when he ran for Mayor of NYC a few years ago before new allegations surfaced. If Donald Trump has a spitting chance in hell - which I believe he still does - then he has a find a way to bluntly tap into that sympathetic vein of the electorate on Sunday night ... while assailing Hillary in the very next breath. What a tightrope.

The 'pussy' question will almost assuredly lead the debate. Will Trump be as prepared as Newt Gingrich was for John King's question about his preference for open relationships during the SC GOP primary debate in 2012? Gingrich nailed it, hands down won the debate (and the primary, which was not expected) less than a minute in. I honestly don't think Donald will, and expect him to spend literally the entire night on the defensive. A true white flag moment. I'm going to be watching and I suspect a whole helluva lot of other people are too.

Idk if I'd say redeem, but if he survives this, he most certainly will win. And that says a lot about Hillary Clinton.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

Hawk (10-08-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    he wasn't going to win before this. Electoral College math /path is where it is and will only go up in HRC 's favor. Not Trumps
    Regardless the Wiki Leaks revelations of the past few days

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    which is not new news. Bernie has been saying this all along.
    The damage to Trump is who he lost. My opinion is the only people that care about the HRC revelations are the 20-30% that still think she killed ...
    She won't lose support -Trump already has.
    Time is on her side

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,739 Posts
    I think people are underestimating the new voters Trump is going to bring in. People who don't normally vote or normally don't vote Republican. The DNC said as much in their own emails. They expect Donald to out perform polls by 3-4 percent.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts

He'll defend himself by calling it locker room talk and attacking the Clintons, Bill for doing the same and Hillary for enabling him. It's gonna be ugly. I think it was "locker room banter" but by a 59 year old man wearing a microphone who was supposedly on the site of a new job with someone he didn't know well. It was a gross lack of judgement and totally consistent with the 70 yr old candidate for president.

I think Hillary will jab and move but she is going to have to acknowledge the stink of Bill's actions and perhaps even hers. She'll try and ignore her part. It's painfully clear now to the whole human race that this man isn't fit for any government job. Hillary would do well to acknowledge the trainwreck and move on. For the sake of decency, what there is left of it, I hope it doesn't spiral into a screaming match.

Is Dr. Phil free to moderate?
    Last edited by Runnin; 10-08-2016 at 07:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I think people are underestimating the new voters Trump is going to bring in. People who don't normally vote or normally don't vote Republican. The DNC said as much in their own emails. They expect Donald to out perform polls by 3-4 percent.
    They are already accounted for. Before this he had to win, every swing state.
    Number of voters he brings in is irrelevant. Where he brings them in. That is what will count

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    He'll defend himself by calling it locker room talk and attacking the Clintons, Bill for doing the same and Hillary for enabling him. It's gonna be ugly. I think it was "locker room banter" but by a 59 year old man wearing a microphone who was supposedly on the site of a new job with someone he didn't know well. It was a gross lack of judgement and totally consistent with the 70 yr old candidate for president.

I think Hillary will jab and move but she is going to have to acknowledge the stink of Bill's actions and perhaps even hers. She'll try and ignore her part. It's painfully clear now to the whole human race that this man isn't fit for any government job. Hillary would do well to acknowledge the trainwreck and move on. For the sake of decency, what there is left of it, I hope it doesn't spiral into a screaming match.

Apparently Trump just retweeted Juanita Broaddrick accusing Bill Clinton of rape, so I think you may be right in assuming that he's going to take that route - and that it will be ugly.

I've personally never seen the value in attacking Bill. At the end of the day, even though she has used him on the campaign trail, Hillary is not Bill. It's just not compelling stuff. A direct attack on Hillary would be much more effective.
    Last edited by Hawk; 10-08-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    I've personally never seen the value in attacking Bill.

That's because there isn't any, except for the Repub base. Just like the emails and Benghazi, it only plays to the their base. If he wants to actually win he needs to not just apologize, but just admit, "hey it was a stupid thing to say, I"m not proud of it, but I did it and I admit/own it, unlike some people we know..." or something pretty close along those lines, and then maybe lay out a couple of actual plans. Given the American voter's 3 minute attention span he could turn all this to his advantage, as effing nuts as that seems.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    I've got a feeling we're all going to be needing Dr Phil before too long.