Page 163 of 227 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,260 of 4526

Thread: College Football Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,064 Posts
    Sugar Bowl Baby!

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,800 Posts
    Worst New Years bowl games ever
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CrimsonCowboy For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-02-2016), Garmel (01-02-2016)

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Ratings for this season's semifinal games tanked. Last season's games had a TV rating over a 15, this year, both games were under 10. I don't care what the Rose Bowl says about their tradition, put the playoff games on New Year's Day.
    Agreed.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    Like I said a month ago... OSU should've been the 4th team if they were trying to get the best 4 in
    Agree 100%. They had a hiccup against MSU, but there was something a bit off with tOSU this season. They seemed to sleepwalk during a lot of games. Truly talented bunch. I think if you line them up man-to-man throughout the roster, they are probably second to Alabama in raw talent.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Yep, but they didn't win the game that counted the most at the time, so no, they didn't belong in.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Yep, but they didn't win the game that counted the most at the time, so no, they didn't belong in.
    Agree. That's why they play the games. I think what sturg and I are saying is that tOSU crapped the bed against MSU and that, while disqualifying them from the championship round, doesn't detract from the fact that if you line up all the teams in the country, tOSU is more than likely in the top four. Notre Dame and Stanford are probably both better than MSU as well.

Everybody has to remember that MSU totally fluked out a win against Michigan (an all-time uber fluke) and if they lose there, they aren't in the final four either. No excuse here, because I stated earlier, there's a reason they play the games and the games last 60 minutes.
    Last edited by 50PoundHead; 01-02-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    And MSU was given its only regular season loss because of a a very shady referee crew who had screwed MSU multiple times before that.

To everyone complaining about MSU and saying another team should have done been in the game and would have done better can seriously shove it. Stanford was so great they lost two games. Ohio State was amazing all season too? All those inpressive wins they had all season prove that point? Remind me again how they destroyed the Spartans in Columbus without Connor Cook and basically no passing game? The best four teams made the playoff this season. You can't expect every single game to be competitive from wire to wire. What we really should do is just completely ignore teams performance throughout the season and only focus on who we think would be the closest games. Throw out the records especially in the SEC at least that's what the committee members did.

Also I think it's cute that this bowl season the SEC is doing well, but in years past when they don't it's simply because the SEC didn't care about the games. Now that they are winning again everyone loves the bowl games and slobber the SEC again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Arky walking the dog on KState, and gonna wind up with 8 wins. Wouldn't have thought that at the mid point
    Ivermectin Man

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Good win for Georgia today considering what they've been through the last month or so

Sabermetric Slut
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Arky walking the dog on KState, and gonna wind up with 8 wins. Wouldn't have thought that at the mid point
    Had a ****ty start to the season but came on strong at the end. SEC doing work this bowl season.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Should have bet the spread Oregon -8 instead of money line.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Should have bet the spread Oregon -8 instead of money line.
    Right?!?
    Ivermectin Man

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapate50 View Post
    Right?!?
    Tied for worst collapse in bowl history. 50 yards of offense since Adams left.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    And MSU was given its only regular season loss because of a a very shady referee crew who had screwed MSU multiple times before that.

To everyone complaining about MSU and saying another team should have done been in the game and would have done better can seriously shove it. Stanford was so great they lost two games. Ohio State was amazing all season too? All those inpressive wins they had all season prove that point? Remind me again how they destroyed the Spartans in Columbus without Connor Cook and basically no passing game? The best four teams made the playoff this season. You can't expect every single game to be competitive from wire to wire. What we really should do is just completely ignore teams performance throughout the season and only focus on who we think would be the closest games. Throw out the records especially in the SEC at least that's what the committee members did.

Also I think it's cute that this bowl season the SEC is doing well, but in years past when they don't it's simply because the SEC didn't care about the games. Now that they are winning again everyone loves the bowl games and slobber the SEC again.
    OSU and Mich St. both lost one game.

OSU destroyed Michigan, the same team MSU needed an act of God to win. I don't judge an entire season based on one game... Just because MIch St. beat OSU in one game doesn't auto qualify them in my opinion. If Mich. St. went undefeated? Sure... but they didn't. OSU was the better team and should have been in the playoff and you saw exactly why.

It's like when VT beat OSU last year... that doesn't mean VT was a better team... It's just a one game fluke and it happened, and OSU rightfully destroyed everyone in its path come playoff time

I think they would have done similarly this year

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,988 Posts
    OSU and Mich St. both lost one game.

OSU destroyed Michigan, the same team MSU needed an act of God to win. I don't judge an entire season based on one game... Just because MIch St. beat OSU in one game doesn't auto qualify them in my opinion. If Mich. St. went undefeated? Sure... but they didn't. OSU was the better team and should have been in the playoff and you saw exactly why.

It's like when VT beat OSU last year... that doesn't mean VT was a better team... It's just a one game fluke and it happened, and OSU rightfully destroyed everyone in its path come playoff time

I think they would have done similarly this year
    That's silly logic. So we're not judging an entire season based on game, well except for MSU vs Michigan. By that same logic, Ohio State needed a last minute goal line stand to beat Indiana, whereas MSU blew them out.

Michigan State beat Ohio State with a backup QB. And it isn't like Ohio State was dominating teams all year anyways. Michigan State earned their spot. But the BIG was really down this year as a whole anyways.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (01-03-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    That's silly logic. So we're not judging an entire season based on game, well except for MSU vs Michigan. By that same logic, Ohio State needed a last minute goal line stand to beat Indiana, whereas MSU blew them out.

Michigan State beat Ohio State with a backup QB. And it isn't like Ohio State was dominating teams all year anyways. Michigan State earned their spot. But the BIG was really down this year as a whole anyways.
    Point was that it wasn't like Michigan State was some undisputed juggernaut that was a clear top 4. If the likely outcome happens against Michigan then they wouldn't be there.

If I was the committee, I'd look at the full body of work and the talent and have OSU in the final 4. It's a shame they weren't, as we had to watch a joke of a game NYE

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts
    Point was that it wasn't like Michigan State was some undisputed juggernaut that was a clear top 4. If the likely outcome happens against Michigan then they wouldn't be there.

If I was the committee, I'd look at the full body of work and the talent and have OSU in the final 4. It's a shame they weren't, as we had to watch a joke of a game NYE
    All that talent couldn't beat an "overrated" Spartans team though. A game they were favored by two touchdowns. They played two teams all year long and went 1-1 in those games. If they were as great as you claim they are they would have rolled up MSU like they were supposed to.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    All that talent couldn't beat an "overrated" Spartans team though. A game they were favored by two touchdowns. They played two teams all year long and went 1-1 in those games. If they were as great as you claim they are they would have rolled up MSU like they were supposed to.
    As I said... they also lost to VT in 2014... does that mean they weren't the better team? Fluke games happen. OSU was clearly better than Mich St...

I have no dog in this fight... I have no reason to hate on Mich St... but acting like they were one of the 4 best teams in the country in ridiculous. Alabama would not have handled OSU so easily

Atlanta Braves Fan
    Wash Nationals Fan
    Bryce Harper Fanatic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Stanford is one of the 4 best teams in America, imo. What a fantastic season for them. Michigan State was not. Ohio State was one of the most talented, but they didn't play to the level of their talent.

In reality, Clemson vs. Alabama is probably the matchup of the two best teams. The level of play in college football was really down this year, for some reason.
    "Yes, I did think Aldrich was good UNTIL I SAW HIM PLAY. "- thethe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,896 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gilesfan View Post
    Stanford is one of the 4 best teams in America, imo. What a fantastic season for them. Michigan State was not. Ohio State was one of the most talented, but they didn't play to the level of their talent.

In reality, Clemson vs. Alabama is probably the matchup of the two best teams. The level of play in college football was really down this year, for some reason.
    Because no one went wire to wire ?
    Ivermectin Man