Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: I gave DJT a chance, now I'm out

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Until this is a permanent ban then I will continue to believe it's a good idea. I know people disagree with my evaluation of the threat caused by Islamic terrorism. I've been consistent for over a decade so this isn't a flavor of the month deal with me.

I know people like me will be branded with the terms of xenophobic/racist/etc... I don't think that's particularly constructive and should focus on the real threat out there and realistic solutions.
    In the 1800's, Mormons were driven from their homes from Ohio, Missouri, Illinois, etc. until they were so far removed from the rest of the country we weren't considered a threat. Up until a few years ago, it was legal to shoot a Mormon based on an extermination order signed by Governor William Boggs. What was the cause of the consternation in Missouri? Mormons were against slavery.

As a Mormon, I support the right for Muslims to live in this country peacefully. DJT's policy is not remotely a realistic solution. This policy is xenophobic. Thethe, I don't necessarily think you are racist in any capacity, but I want you to know that the idea you are promoting is xenophobic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chop2chip View Post
    In the 1800's, Mormons were driven from their homes from Ohio, Missouri, Illinois, etc. until they were so far removed from the rest of the country we weren't considered a threat. Up until a few years ago, it was legal to shoot a Mormon based on an extermination order signed by Governor William Boggs. What was the cause of the consternation in Missouri? Mormons were against slavery.

As a Mormon, I support the right for Muslims to live in this country peacefully. DJT's policy is not remotely a realistic solution. This policy is xenophobic. Thethe, I don't necessarily think you are racist in any capacity, but I want you to know that the idea you are promoting is xenophobic.
    I'm sorry for what happened to your people in the past. I don't know the history so will take you at your word that it was due to their righteous and just stance on slavery.

To me this has no correlation with what is happening now. This is not a policy which is founded because of any xenophobic reasons. There is support to show that muslims are at most risk to become terrorists. Profiling is not always a bad thing when the statistic's bear out its valid.
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,274 Posts
    Until this is a permanent ban then I will continue to believe it's a good idea. I know people disagree with my evaluation of the threat caused by Islamic terrorism. I've been consistent for over a decade so this isn't a flavor of the month deal with me.

I know people like me will be branded with the terms of xenophobic/racist/etc... I don't think that's particularly constructive and should focus on the real threat out there and realistic solutions.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts

Same ones who like to toss labels at us are the same ones who protest and march for equal rights. If we are tossing labels around then lets call these anti-Trump people what they are. Traitors and baby killers is a good start.

If you support Trump or believe he might be doing some good then you are a racist and so on. If you oppose Trump then you like to murder babies and hate America.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NinersSBChamps View Post
    Same ones who like to toss labels at us are the same ones who protest and march for equal rights. If we are tossing labels around then lets call these anti-Trump people what they are. Traitors and baby killers is a good start.

If you support Trump or believe he might be doing some good then you are a racist and so on. If you oppose Trump then you like to murder babies and hate America.
    I don't support throwing around labels in order to evade addressing real issues. I'm open to discussing these heated topics with anyone despite the fact they won't agree with me. We all need to step away from these labels that do nothing but divide us

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    thethe, thoughts on not letting legal residents back in the country?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sturg33 View Post
    thethe, thoughts on not letting legal residents back in the country?
    That's a tough one. I'd lean towards grandfather in them in and the new policy only prospectively impacting non citizen/residents.

For the people we let in we are just going to have to figure out how to find the terrorist's and make no mistake there are terrorists in our country.

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,003 Posts
    Honestly after reading more, it's hard to have confidence in this administration to properly vet people coming in when they can't even thoroughly vet the executive order before rushing it out there.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

Metaphysicist (01-30-2017), nsacpi (01-29-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    I'm against the EO, but this is pretty hilarious. So much hypocrisy it is astounding

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/0...ampaign=buffer

11. The Following User Says Thank You to sturg33 For This Useful Post:

BedellBrave (01-29-2017)

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    I'm against the EO, but this is pretty hilarious. So much hypocrisy it is astounding

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2017/0...ampaign=buffer
    I'd be willing to unequivocally state that a similar ban under Obama was also wrong. Being underinformed about something isn't hypocrisy, but I'd agree that the press dropped the ball on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mqt View Post
    I'd be willing to unequivocally state that a similar ban under Obama was also wrong. Being underinformed about something isn't hypocrisy, but I'd agree that the press dropped the ball on it.
    Sure... but that goes to show you that the press took 8 years off and now they're going to remember what their job is.

Voted Worst Poster
    2015 (Co-Winner)
    2018 (Unanimous)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,185 Posts

Imagine that. No outcry from the lefty media when Obama did this. I heard Trump just sneezed and someone said "God bless you." Trump is awful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,898 Posts
    Sure... but that goes to show you that the press took 8 years off and now they're going to remember what their job is.
    That's because the media is not media. They are an extension of the liberal ideology.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    That's a fair criticism, but my concern is that the Trump Administration is going to twist this critique into an excuse to downplay any justified criticism from the press into some sinister plot against Trump and that frightens me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I know others are making a different case, but I don't necessarily think it's a matter of whether or not Trump and his team can do this, but whether or not they are right in doing so.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Honestly after reading more, it's hard to have confidence in this administration to properly vet people coming in when they can't even thoroughly vet the executive order before rushing it out there.
    A page from Obama's administration. But you won't hear that from the Left.

Secretary of Statistics AerchAngel's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    882 Posts
    I think Pres. Agent Orange is a buffoon and over his head but he is doing exactly what Obama was doing with his exec orders. doing them them without proper looking at the BIG picture.

Pres. Heat Mizer is worse though, his policies is not good for the country but I will say this, he does back up his promises which Obama and Cheney would not do. They talk the talk but did not walk the walk. Dumpster Fire is walking the walk but it is over hot coals. Love him or hate him, but he is putting the other presidents to shame in backing up promises, even though some of them suck for the big picture.

The Hag would have been better but I fear for our country as much as Trump on a different scale of be subservient to every other nation on Earth if she kept the same concept of being humble to others like Obama. we would pay for other countries in the end as tax payers when we can't even afford to pay for our issues in our nation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,710 Posts
    I know others are making a different case, but I don't necessarily think it's a matter of whether or not Trump and his team can do this, but whether or not they are right in doing so.

I thought a court overturned the ban?
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    I thought a court overturned the ban?
    For now, but I'm unsure if it will hold up upon further scrutiny. I hope there's a sound legal argument that can overrule the decision, but don't know enough to comment on that.