Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: GDT: BRAVES @ CUBS MAKE UP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Man f***. That homer better improve Markakis trade value.
    Hopefully he hits 2-3 more before deadline

2. The Following User Says Thank You to msstate7 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-08-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    who is Lucas Harrell, and what has he done with Lucas Harrell?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to yeezus For This Useful Post:

57Brave (07-08-2016), clvclv (07-08-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,698 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    who is Lucas Harrell, and what has he done with Lucas Harrell?
    He, along with Alvarez are apparently the backbone of our rebuild now. Maybe not, but they both look very solid

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Always happy to beat the Cubs.

I didn't see the game, but reading the thread here there seems to be that some kind of kerfuffle developed late in the game. Details?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    696 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dak View Post
    Gotta say, Harrell looks pretty solid out there. He's 31, but oddly enough only has a little over 2 years of service time. In the admittedly unlikely event that he proves to be decent SP, the Braves control his services at the MLB minimum next year.
    Correction on this . . . If Harrell were to do well and stay up the rest of the year, he'd be eligible for his first year of arbitration next year.

10 yr, $185 million Extension
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,492 Posts
    Just realized we have Alvarez under team control through 2021. Really excited about him.

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,361 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    Always happy to beat the Cubs.

I didn't see the game, but reading the thread here there seems to be that some kind of kerfuffle developed late in the game. Details?
    Harrell hit someone earlier in the game.. then in the 8th, Harrell plunked Bryant, I think, in the knee.. he didn't move at all and kind of stuck it out a little to get hit... obvious from a naked eye.. but then Hunter comes in and on an 3-0 pitch, plunks the next guy in the arm.. again...dude crowding the plate..was not on purpose.. Fast forward to the 9th.. closers throws one pretty far inside at Jeffs knees.. it was a 2-0 pitch.. not sure it was intentional.. Jeff smirks, shakes his head because Contreras smacked his glove and gave an at-a-boy to his pitcher.. Again, Jeff smirked got back in box and got ready to hit.. I guess Contreras saw smirk and started mouthing off and then stood up and got in Jeff's face.. nothing too exciting.. just kid being a punk kid..

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesfanMatt For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-08-2016)

Steve Harvey'd
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,361 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CJ9 View Post
    Just realized we have Alvarez under team control through 2021. Really excited about him.
    He has been so good thus far. There was a FG article recently posted (I think on here) about Morris and Dario being the dynamic duo in Savannah when they were coming up with the Muts.. Both have been excellent gets thus far. I got to see Morris in Bham a few weeks ago. He has electric stuff.. seemed to lose control after about 20 pitches.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Ready to finish the great Mukaki rebuild.
    It isn't really a Mukaki party until you have multiple detonations.

Hessmania Forever
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4,965 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesfanMatt View Post
    Harrell hit someone earlier in the game.. then in the 8th, Harrell plunked Bryant, I think, in the knee.. he didn't move at all and kind of stuck it out a little to get hit... obvious from a naked eye.. but then Hunter comes in and on an 3-0 pitch, plunks the next guy in the arm.. again...dude crowding the plate..was not on purpose.. Fast forward to the 9th.. closers throws one pretty far inside at Jeffs knees.. it was a 2-0 pitch.. not sure it was intentional.. Jeff smirks, shakes his head because Contreras smacked his glove and gave an at-a-boy to his pitcher.. Again, Jeff smirked got back in box and got ready to hit.. I guess Contreras saw smirk and started mouthing off and then stood up and got in Jeff's face.. nothing too exciting.. just kid being a punk kid..

Francoeur isn't much of a player anymore, but I don't think I'd want to dance with him if I were Contreras.

Cubs are good, but they are getting a little bit of an attitude.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to 50PoundHead For This Useful Post:

clvclv (07-08-2016)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    I've seen the Cubs several times, and I've seen the Indians play. Cleveland has a better team than Chicago, IMO. Chicago is too all or nothing with the home run. Cleveland's offense makes better contact. I think Cleveland is better on the base paths and better overall defensively as well.

Still Playing the Waiting Game bravos4evr's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Yeah, but the Cubs are very good at getting on base. Both teams share the same SLG, and the Cubs only have 9 more homers than the Indians. The Tribe are slightly better on the basepaths but the Cubs are way ahead on defense. Both teams are very evenly matched on pitching.

I tend to think the superior OBP ability of the Cubs gives them the overall edge being that both teams are about equal in the power dept.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"- Tom Waits

Mashin' to Mississippi
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    102 Posts
    Pretty good description of what I saw.

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 50PoundHead View Post
    [/B]

Francoeur isn't much of a player anymore, but I don't think I'd want to dance with him if I were Contreras.
    Dude will take a swing with no provocation.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-08-2016), The Chosen One (07-08-2016), yeezus (07-08-2016)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    Dude will take a swing with no provocation.
    .......and probably miss.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Garmel For This Useful Post:

50PoundHead (07-08-2016)

Hysterical Girlfriend
    That Storms Out and
    Returns the Next Day
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    451 Posts
    Yet Maddon and the Cubs announcers say Frenchy took exception. Frenchy was ready to hit when the hot head catcher made the decision to stand up and start something. Dumb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    232 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    Yet Maddon and the Cubs announcers say Frenchy took exception. Frenchy was ready to hit when the hot head catcher made the decision to stand up and start something. Dumb.
    Joe Maddon can't look up from his spread sheet long enough to see what's actually happening on the field.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mossy View Post
    I mean its obvious Maddon and Cubs people are gonna defend their own on something like that.

There are exceptions when players cross the line that even their own teams won't condone. Robert Fick and Nijer Morgan are two examples.
    Forever Fredi

Still Playing the Waiting Game bravos4evr's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    Joe Maddon can't look up from his spread sheet long enough to see what's actually happening on the field.
    "I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy"- Tom Waits

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,758 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KB21 View Post
    In fairness, you've been towing the Snitkertrain for a while now. And he's managed the pitching staff arguably worse than Fredi, if such a thing were possible.
    Forever Fredi

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Chosen One For This Useful Post:

bravos4evr (07-08-2016), CJ9 (07-08-2016)