Page 591 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 914915415815895905915925936016416911091 ... LastLast
Results 11,801 to 11,820 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    North Korea cut off all lines of communications with South Korea nearly two years ago, when Mr. Moon’s conservative predecessor, the since-impeached President Park Geun-hye, shut down a joint industrial complex in the North Korean town of Kaesong. At Panmunjom, which has served as a contact point for the two Koreas for decades, North Korean officials did not pick up the phone when their South Korean counterparts made a daily call to keep the line alive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/w...ine-south.html
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 57Brave View Post
    North Korea cut off all lines of communications with South Korea nearly two years ago, when Mr. Moon’s conservative predecessor, the since-impeached President Park Geun-hye, shut down a joint industrial complex in the North Korean town of Kaesong. At Panmunjom, which has served as a contact point for the two Koreas for decades, North Korean officials did not pick up the phone when their South Korean counterparts made a daily call to keep the line alive.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/03/w...ine-south.html
    You must've meant monologue.

Kaesong opened in 2002.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    South Korea’s Sunshine Policy to coax North Korea to end its nuclear quest? The Clinton Administration’s Agreed Framework of economic carrots and heavy oil to encourage regime moderation? Two decades (or more) of rational U.S. appeals to China to help curb the noxious Kim regime’s pursuit of nuclear weapons and ballistic missiles and to help terminate Pyongyang’s cyclic bouts of military attacks on South Korea?

These soft power gambits may have thrilled the editorial board of The New York Times, but they didn’t stop North Korea’s dictatorship. The Kim regime now has an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) in its arsenal—one that threatens Anchorage, Alaska, and perhaps Pearl Harbor, Hawaii.

http://observer.com/2017/07/donald-t...korea-options/
    Go get him!

Founding member of the Whiny Little Bitches and Pricks Club

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    Why? How many aggressive and destructive foreign policy fiascos has NK entered into in the last 25 years? Whose the bully?
    You consistently take the most weird and wrong-headed positions on North Korea.

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    I have to say that I attribute North Korea's sudden good behavior (they even wished the South Koreans well for the upcoming Olympics) much moreso to Moon Jae-in than I do to Trump.

But there's a long way to go with all of this yet.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (01-03-2018), Julio3000 (01-03-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    This chatter and its initiators is all too reminiscent of Iraq circa 2000-2002.

1/3 of the voting public to this day believe Sadaam Hussein was responsible for 9/11

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Here's an interesting tidbit I hadn't seen before today:

https://www.realcleardefense.com/art...ed_112833.html

WASHINGTON (AP) — In the first month of Donald Trump’s presidency, an American scholar quietly met with North Korean officials and relayed a message: The new administration in Washington appreciated an extended halt in the North’s nuclear and ballistic missile tests. It might just offer a ray of hope.

North Korean officials responded defiantly. The nearly four-month period of quiet wasn’t a sign of conciliation, they retorted, insisting supreme leader Kim Jong Un would order tests whenever he wanted. As if to ram the point home, North Korea only two days later launched a new type of medium-range missile that ended Trump’s brief honeymoon.
    Diplomacy isn’t dead, however. The Trump administration was quick to restore a back channel for talks between the State Department and North Korea that disappeared in President Barack Obama’s final months. The U.S. envoy on North Korea, Joseph Yun, secretly met North Korean officials in Oslo in May to press for the release of Americans imprisoned in Pyongyang.

Various officials have said that meeting could have augured more substantive U.S.-North Korean talks.

But the only release was college student Otto Warmbier, who had suffered brain damage in detention and died days after his return. Warmbier’s shocking condition ended any hopes of a thaw. Trump tweeted angrily and Pyongyang promptly stepped up its weapons tests.
    Go get him!

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    This chatter and its initiators is all too reminiscent of Iraq circa 2000-2002.

1/3 of the voting public to this day believe Sadaam Hussein was responsible for 9/11
    I get the echoes, but IMO we're neither there nor likely to get there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/manuf...150000297.html

'Those jobs aren't coming back' - Hussein
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    this is not new. We knew this 18 months ago, yet eople still voted to give him a "bigger button"

from the article nsacpi posted:

As soon as the campaign team had stepped into the White House, Walsh saw, it had gone from managing Trump to the expectation of being managed by him. Yet the president, while proposing the most radical departure from governing and policy norms in several generations, had few specific ideas about how to turn his themes and vitriol into policy. And making suggestions to him was deeply complicated. Here, arguably, was the central issue of the Trump presidency, informing every aspect of Trumpian policy and leadership: He didn’t process information in any conventional sense. He didn’t read. He didn’t really even skim. Some believed that for all practical purposes he was no more than semi-*literate. He trusted his own expertise *— no matter how paltry or irrelevant — more than anyone else’s. He was often confident, but he was just as often paralyzed, less a savant than a figure of sputtering and dangerous insecurities, whose instinctive response was to lash out and behave as if his gut, however confused, was in fact in some clear and forceful way telling him what to do. It was, said Walsh, “like trying to figure out what a child wants.”

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,536 Posts
    this is not new. We knew this 18 months ago, yet eople still voted to give him a "bigger button"

from the article nsacpi posted:

As soon as the campaign team had stepped into the White House, Walsh saw, it had gone from managing Trump to the expectation of being managed by him. Yet the president, while proposing the most radical departure from governing and policy norms in several generations, had few specific ideas about how to turn his themes and vitriol into policy. And making suggestions to him was deeply complicated. Here, arguably, was the central issue of the Trump presidency, informing every aspect of Trumpian policy and leadership: He didn’t process information in any conventional sense. He didn’t read. He didn’t really even skim. Some believed that for all practical purposes he was no more than semi-*literate. He trusted his own expertise *— no matter how paltry or irrelevant — more than anyone else’s. He was often confident, but he was just as often paralyzed, less a savant than a figure of sputtering and dangerous insecurities, whose instinctive response was to lash out and behave as if his gut, however confused, was in fact in some clear and forceful way telling him what to do. It was, said Walsh, “like trying to figure out what a child wants.”
    I've occasionally had to interact with a kind of person that Trump typifies on a grand scale. People who can't read a map but insist others follow them.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Gee whiz, he sure has been successful for someone who is only semi-literate, dangerously insecure, and prone to lashing out at his staff.

I'm quite literate, reasonably confident, and a heck of a nice guy, but I haven't climbed out of the middle class yet. I guess I, and about 98% of the rest of America, are just doing it wrong.
    Go get him!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    https://finance.yahoo.com/news/manuf...150000297.html

'Those jobs aren't coming back' - Hussein
    I read this article 3-4 times and still don't see a word about jobs.
    Manufacturing accelerating is an empty statement standing by itself. Guess you could make it say what ever you want

Is there an explanation or context ?
    Manufacturing of what? Where ? Who manufactured ? Was there in fact new employment attached ?
    Of the 4 W's we only know when.

The article spells out this poll was before the tax give away
    Last edited by 57Brave; 01-03-2018 at 08:24 PM.

Boras' Client
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post
    Gee whiz, he sure has been successful for someone who is only semi-literate, dangerously insecure, and prone to lashing out at his staff.

I'm quite literate, reasonably confident, and a heck of a nice guy, but I haven't climbed out of the middle class yet. I guess I, and about 98% of the rest of America, are just doing it wrong.
    Careful dude, you're treading on borderline sacred ground there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    I read this article 3-4 times and still don't see a word about jobs.
    Manufacturing accelerating is an empty statement standing by itself. Guess you could make it say what ever you want

Is there an explanation or context ?
    Manufacturing of what? Where ? Who manufactured ? Was there in fact new employment attached ?
    Of the 4 W's we only know when.

The article spells out this poll was before the tax give away
    You can't possibly be this dense naturally can you?
    Natural Immunity Croc

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    You can't possibly be this dense naturally can you?
    Did you really just ask that?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaw View Post

Well, you were dumb to turn down the small million dollar loan from your dad
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-03-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    Well, you were dumb to turn down the small million dollar loan from your dad
    He went bankrupt after that, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc