Page 593 of 1422 FirstFirst ... 934935435835915925935945956036436931093 ... LastLast
Results 11,841 to 11,860 of 28437

Thread: The Trump Presidency

It's OVER 5,000! bravesnumberone's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,013 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thethe View Post
    Agreed. Too much money to be made at the expense of nonviolent people and, in many cases, sick people. Sessions is trash.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bravesnumberone For This Useful Post:

Julio3000 (01-04-2018)

A Chip Off the Old Rock Julio3000's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,155 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bravesnumberone View Post
    Agreed. Too much money to be made at the expense of nonviolent people and, in many cases, sick people. Sessions is trash.
    To make it doubly horrific, we have failed to take collective action on the opioid crisis because its genesis was in commercial products that made millions upon millions of "legit" dollars for corporations and the donor class.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Julio3000 For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-04-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Julio3000 View Post
    To make it doubly horrific, we have failed to take collective action on the opioid crisis because its genesis was in commercial products that made millions upon millions of "legit" dollars for corporations and the donor class.
    Big pharma should be heavily prosecuted for contributing to this issue.
    Natural Immunity Croc

6. The Following User Says Thank You to thethe For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-04-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/24/inve...ton/index.html

Remember articles like this? And we are supposed to now say the drastic gains off of already high numbers should not benefit he view of the effectiveness of his presidency? Come on now...
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Co-Owner, BravesCenter
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,446 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Runnin View Post
    It seems that way since I don't pretend that the U.S. has a right to say who can have nuclear weapons.

NK is surely a threat in more ways than their nuclear program and they should be watched and covertly thwarted at every step, vigilantly. But this current back and forth is just sabre rattling by NK because sanctions are squeezing the life out of them and that's the only card they have left. Trump has found a good dance partner. It's about the only stage he has where he can try to act Presidential. Of course, that's impossible for him.

The nuclear secret is long out of the bag and all this shaking over NK with the bomb seems so 1950's. Cyber, chemical and biological attacks could be much more damaging. NK is a rogue nation for sure but short of taking them out, what options do you have other than to string them along? I think the best course has always been to downplay the taunts when possible. I don't see how a public pissing contest between two country leaders can ever be a good idea, especially when both may be insane or at lest willing to feign insanity for their own political ends.

Okay, something weird: We will soon find that Jared has long had ties with NK and set this whole charade up to bolster both leaders' popularity at home.
    It seems that way because you make remarks like: "How many aggressive and destructive foreign policy fiascos has NK entered into in the last 25 years? Whose the bully?"

And so I wonder if you have forgotten (or are choosing to ignore to try and make a [ludicrous] point) the ~7+ international crises North Korea has sparked over the past 25 years. I wonder if you are aware of the 25 million North Koreans who are legitimately starving because their leader would rather devote precious resources to his fledgling nuclear weapons program. What about the 50 million South Koreans, our (extremely ****ing valuable) allies, who still have mandatory conscription, still have a capital city a few miles away from 1 million landmines, and are having trouble selling apartments in their sparkling new Lotte tower because international money doesn't want to invest in what could be a glorious bit of target practice.

I could go on ... the earthquakes ... the Japanese ... the Chinese ... the Russians

But yeah, let's not raise a stink about North Korea's nuclear weapons program. Let's turn a blind eye to the propaganda which specifically promises missiles capable of reaching Washington, DC or New York City. Let's ignore specific threats to US territories (Guam) and states (Hawaii).

Let's forget that Kim Jong-un killed his own brother with sarin nerve gas (outlawed) in Malaysia (foreign soil). Let's forget Juche. Let's forget that Kim is a lunatic who executes his political and personal enemies with anti-aircraft weapons.

North Korea has attacked South Korea twice in the past decade. Attacked. Shelled populated islands. Blown up submarines full of soldiers.

Unanswered.

But yeah, let's just 'downplay' these 'taunts'. Because it's all we have ever done. I think the de facto creed for Barack Obama's foreign policy agenda was "downplay reality".
    Last edited by Hawk; 01-04-2018 at 01:09 PM.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hawk For This Useful Post:

AerchAngel (01-04-2018), chop2chip (01-04-2018), thethe (01-04-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    It seems that way because you make remarks like: "How many aggressive and destructive foreign policy fiascos has NK entered into in the last 25 years? Whose the bully?"

And so I wonder if you have forgotten (or are choosing to ignore to try and make a [ludicrous] point) the ~7+ international crises North Korea has sparked over the past 25 years. I wonder if you are aware of the 25 million North Koreans who are legitimately starving because their leader would rather devote precious resources to his fledgling nuclear weapons program. What about the 50 million South Koreans, our (extremely ****ing valuable) allies, who still have mandatory conscription, still have a capital city a few miles away from 1 million landmines, and are having trouble selling apartments in their sparkling new Lotte tower because international money doesn't want to invest in what could be a glorious bit of target practice.

I could go on ... the earthquakes ... the Japanese ... the Chinese ... the Russians

But yeah, let's not raise a stink about North Korea's nuclear weapons program. Let's turn a blind eye to the propaganda which specifically promises missiles capable of reaching Washington, DC or New York City. Let's ignore specific threats to US territories (Guam) and states (Hawaii).

Let's forget that Kim Jong-un killed his own brother with sarin nerve gas (outlawed) in Malaysia (foreign soil). Let's not forget Juche. Let's not forget that Kim is a certifiable lunatic who executes his political and personal enemies with anti-aircraft weapons.

North Korea has attacked South Korea twice in the past decade. Attacked. Shelled populated islands. Blown up submarines full of soldiers.

Unanswered.

But yeah, let's just 'downplay' these 'taunts'. Because it's all we have ever done. I think the de facto creed for Barack Obama's foreign policy agenda was "downplay reality".
    Fatality!
    Natural Immunity Croc

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post

Let's forget that Kim Jong-un killed his own brother with sarin nerve gas (outlawed) in Malaysia (foreign soil). Let's forget Juche. Let's forget that Kim is a lunatic who executes his political and personal enemies with anti-aircraft weapons.

Unanswered.

This is excellently written.

Out of curiosity, you seem to be well educated on South Korean politics and culture. I have noticed a trend across your posts. Do you have a personal connection to SK? Visit often?

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Just threw away the swing state of Colorado much less it is obvious people want this in other states etc

and yet again, the wrong side of history
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

15. The Following User Says Thank You to goldfly For This Useful Post:

cajunrevenge (01-04-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    how many jobs are lost by going after legal weed?
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

yeah, bravo indeed.

**** off with this trash

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,899 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    how many jobs are lost by going after legal weed?
    I'm with you on this. Weed should be 100% legal and Trump should listen to Roger Stone on this one.
    Natural Immunity Croc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    weak sauce by the Astros

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    Big pharma should be heavily prosecuted for contributing to this issue.
    The politicians they bought off too. What some of these politicians who are getting big pharma have done is easily obstruction of justice. You cant take money from a company then end a policy that highlights when a pill company ships 5 million pills to a town of 500 people.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cajunrevenge For This Useful Post:

bravesnumberone (01-04-2018), thethe (01-04-2018)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,731 Posts
    I'm with you on this. Weed should be 100% legal and Trump should listen to Roger Stone on this one.
    I think we should all make a compromise. Trump can get a monopoly on weed so he makes billions if he legalizes it. Win win situation.
    "Donald Trump will serve a second term as president of the United States.

It’s over."

Little Thethe Nov 19, 2020.

I <3 Ron Paul + gilesfan sturg33's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,781 Posts
    That really is pathetic of ESPN

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,420 Posts
    Brian Krassenstein
    ��
    ‏ @krassenstein
    3h3 hours ago

Oh the Irony!

"Fire and Fury" Claims that Trump didn't understand the Constitution

& had an aide explain it to him but he quickly got bored & rolled his eyes.

Now Trump is trying to stop the book from being published,

a direct violation of the 1st Amendment of the Constitution!
    The best way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make sure he doesn’t get a gun.