Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Connoisseur of Minors zitothebrave's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,469 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yeezus View Post
    Per Peter Gammons, "every GM ive talked to say the mariners want premier prospects for LHP rel. O. Perez, Furbush, B. Moran."
    premier prospects??
    Yeah, Mariners do that then settle at the deadline typically. not a horrible approach. Hope some teams overpays and then settle down, rarely hurts especially with a reliever since they have minimal value.

What's dumb is that the Mets and Twins won't consider trading Parnell or Perkins. Bad teams shouldn't hold onto top relievers. If the Braves start stinking we better ship Kimbrel off to the highest bidder.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zitothebrave View Post
    Yeah, Mariners do that then settle at the deadline typically. not a horrible approach. Hope some teams overpays and then settle down, rarely hurts especially with a reliever since they have minimal value.

What's dumb is that the Mets and Twins won't consider trading Parnell or Perkins. Bad teams shouldn't hold onto top relievers. If the Braves start stinking we better ship Kimbrel off to the highest bidder.
    agreed, and those two aren't even close to kimbrel. they're treating them like cornerstones.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,745 Posts
    I dont think the need for a reliever is that great. What contender has a better big 3 in the pen that Kimbrel/Walden/Avilan? I use Wood in more high leverage situations. If need be use Beachy out of the pen. I think if we do make a trade its going to be for a marginal veteran reliever anyways.

Where's My Cup of Coffee?
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    211 Posts
    If Wren is only targeting a LH reliever I think he's making a mistake. We are in better shape than most teams with Avilan and Wood. I just think a set up man that can get both lefties and righties out consistently is what's needed. Regardless of what arm they throw with. Crain would be perfect if he's healthy.