Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Senzel

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6,108 Posts
    Suarez is only playing 3B because Cozart is at SS. The long term plan for the Reds is Suarez at SS and Senzel at 3B. I don't think either player will be available unless the Reds keep Cozart around (which is unlikely).

A more likely trade would be Camargo (who is equal to or better than Suarez defensively) plus pitching for Suarez. Hard to say which pitchers the Reds would covet, but they will almost certainly want someone in AA or higher who doesn't have question marks about going to the BP.
    Last edited by Enscheff; 09-14-2017 at 11:34 AM.

"What is a clvclv"
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,628 Posts
    Given their money issues, I'd come closer to offering an Anderson/Touki or Muller package for Suarez and try to extend him than pay any of our other arms for Senzel - certainly expect I'm in the minority there though.
    Has there EVER been a statement and question a certain someone should absolutely never have made and asked publicly more than...

Kinda pathetic to see yourself as a message board knight in shining armor. How impotent does someone have to be in real life to resort to playing hero on a message board?

Director of Minor League Reports rico43's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,448 Posts
    If the Reds traded Senzel, their fans would take up torches and pitchforks. They'd make Ferguson look like a pep rally.

Anytime Now Frankie...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    265 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post
    Suarez is only playing 3B because Cozart is at SS. The long term plan for the Reds is Suarez at SS and Senzel at 3B. I don't think either player will be available unless the Reds keep Cozart around (which is unlikely).

A more likely trade would be Camargo (who is equal to or better than Suarez defensively) plus pitching for Suarez. Hard to say which pitchers the Reds would covet, but they will almost certainly want someone in AA or higher who doesn't have question marks about going to the BP.
    I'd love this deal.

Awaiting a Promotion chipchildress's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts
    no. good god people, stop thinking that having pitching is a bad thing.

hitters grow on trees. look at ronald acuna for example. all you need is to fill a few spots and you have a roster. you don't have anything if you don't have excellent pitching and you'll NEVER have excellent pitching if you're giving it away. there are only so many good pitchers out there which is exactly why you should load up on as many good ones as you can.

for all the flack this org has taken about the rebuild, one thing the braves have in place going forward is a lot of potential in the field. ablies, swanson, freeman, acuna, inciarte. 5 or 8 starters are locked in or might be. on the other hand, you have virtually nothing proven in the rotation.

show me a great team that doesn't have great pitching. anybody? pitching is the only thing that has ever mattered and that's still the case. find a couple stud starters and that's all the difference. the braves should never trade any of their pitching prospects unless it's been determined they're not good enough. ever.`

btw, i'm also not sure why we're trying to trade camargo. he's another bat that just came out of nowhere. that happens. game changing pitchers showing up out of nowhere happens much less.
    Last edited by chipchildress; 09-15-2017 at 06:50 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    It still annoys me that the Reds grabbed Senzel. We'd be in such a better position right now if we had Senzel waiting in the wings instead of hoping that Anderson maybe possibly becomes something in 3-4 years.

But the Reds aren't moving Senzel. You can bet there are teams with message boards with Acuna threads because we have Ender in center. You make room for guys like Senzel and Acuna. You don't trade them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Enscheff View Post

This idea might work if the Reds see their window of contention as being a bit later than the Braves. Suarez will be going to arbitration for the first time this off-season.
    "I am a victim, I will tell you. I am a victim."

"I am your retribution."

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by striker42 View Post
    It still annoys me that the Reds grabbed Senzel. We'd be in such a better position right now if we had Senzel waiting in the wings instead of hoping that Anderson maybe possibly becomes something in 3-4 years.

But the Reds aren't moving Senzel. You can bet there are teams with message boards with Acuna threads because we have Ender in center. You make room for guys like Senzel and Acuna. You don't trade them.
    Im not convinced the FO still wouldnt have picked Anderson even if Senzel was on the board.
    Forever Fredi

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    I think Bridges or Coppy said something to that effect after the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever Fredi View Post
    Im not convinced the FO still wouldnt have picked Anderson even if Senzel was on the board.

Making Atlanta Great Again!
    #MAGA!

Promises MADE, Promises KEPT!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,746 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    I think Bridges or Coppy said something to that effect after the draft.
    That they would have taken Senzel if on the board? Or they were deadset on IA?
    Forever Fredi

Arbitration Eligible
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    482 Posts
    I suspect that he was just talking up the guy they just drafted. I doubt anything said at that moment should be read as anything more than that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7,533 Posts
    that they would have taken Senzel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,040 Posts
    That would have been dumb. Senzel was a perfect fit. I'd trade two Anderson's for one Senzel.

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,150 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsacpi View Post
    that they would have taken Senzel
    Yes, they at least did say that.