Page 191 of 227 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 4526

Thread: College Football Thread

Outskirts Of Mobile, Alabama. Roll Tide!!!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,775 Posts
    Tennessee now will not hire Schiano. Craziest thing I’ve seen in some time.
    Chopping With The Braves And Rolling With The Tide

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonCowboy View Post
    Tennessee now will not hire Schiano. Craziest thing I’ve seen in some time.
    I agree with that.

I think Schiano would have been a good hire as a football coach, but I personally couldn't get over the credible allegation that he essentially helped cover for Sandusky. AD Currie has done a horrible job in this search.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by weso1 View Post
    I agree with that.

I think Schiano would have been a good hire as a football coach, but I personally couldn't get over the credible allegation that he essentially helped cover for Sandusky. AD Currie has done a horrible job in this search.
    What “credible” accusation?

This is pathetic. Social media is the cancer that will eat our society.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts

Anyone who defends something like this is a piece of ****.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CyYoung31 View Post
    What “credible” accusation?

This is pathetic. Social media is the cancer that will eat our society.
    You know what I'm referencing. Why would McQueary lie? Schiano's defense was weak given the direct attack on his character.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

Anyone who defends something like this is a piece of ****.
    People who are weary of potential pedophile enablers are pieces of ****?

**NOT ACTUALLY RACIST
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    440 Posts
    ‘Potential’. Peoples lives shouldn’t be ruined for ‘potentially’ being something they are not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    You know what I'm referencing. Why would McQueary lie? Schiano's defense was weak given the direct attack on his character.
    Dude, do you even know what you’re talking about? McQueary said he had heard the story from Tom Bradley. It’s multi-level hearsay, and barely qualifying evidence for suspicion, let alone guilt. The evidence was so “credible” that there wasn’t even a case brought against Schiano, right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Are you ****ing joking? Wow. Just wow.

So, this is all this is, huh? People being “weary”. You can’t be that stupid, so I just have to assume that you agree with potentially defaming an individual based on almost zero evidence of something they might have done 20 years ago. I can’t believe that you actually think this is a good look for Tennessee fans.
    Last edited by CyYoung31; 11-26-2017 at 11:54 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

sturg33 (11-27-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Mike McQueary testified that another Penn State coach had told him that Schiano had talked of seeing Sandusky abusing a boy in the early 1990s.

“Greg had come into his office white as a ghost and said he just saw Jerry doing something to a boy in the shower,”
    who cares about that rock and **** sticking up for people that help cover up child rape too

might as well add people that get more upset about a stupid rock than child rape to that list
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

Very Flirtatious, but Doubts What Love Is. jpx7's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,830 Posts
    What is the significance of this rock? Doesn't even look particularly nice compared to rocks I've seen elsewhere.
    "For all his tattooings he was on the whole a clean, comely looking cannibal."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jpx7 For This Useful Post:

NinersSBChamps (11-27-2017)

if my thought dreams could be seen goldfly's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,262 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jpx7 View Post
    What is the significance of this rock? Doesn't even look particularly nice compared to rocks I've seen elsewhere.
    "The Rock unearthed in the 1960s is a ninety-eight-ton, Knox dolomite rock located on the University of Tennessee's main campus in Knoxville, Tennessee."

it's really held to high regard and shouldn't be disrespected as you can tell from the other things that have been painted on it:

if you would like to know more though: http://tntoday.utk.edu/2016/11/15/50...ce-expression/
    "For there is always light, if only we are brave enough to see it. If only we are brave enough to be it." Amanda Gorman

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross"

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts

So, this is all this is, huh? People being “weary”. You can’t be that stupid, so I just have to assume that you agree with potentially defaming an individual based on almost zero evidence of something they might have done 20 years ago. I can’t believe that you actually think this is a good look for Tennessee fans.
    You realize the majority of Americans feel the same way Vols fans do right? I can't even count how many twitter posts I've seen from opposing fans or just random people crucifying TN for hiring someone who allegedly covered up child molestation. If there is even a smidgen of a chance this is true then there is no way a school can justify hiring him as a HC. And while my feelings on Trump and his administration are not positive, even the White House Press Secretary ripped the Vols administration for choosing Schiano.

You hate to see people lives ruined over hearsay, but the fact is that if the Sandusky report was released prior to 2015, Schiano would not have any sort of job at a power 5 conference right now, probably not even at a University at all. No one wants to touch that stuff. And it's incredibly dumb that Tennessee's AD thought this hire would go over well, especially considering our recent Title IX fiasco. Hiring anyone remotely connected to child molestation is a terrible look for a University, regardless if the accusations are true or not.

As for the Rock, that was rather tasteless, imo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goldfly View Post
    who cares about that rock and **** sticking up for people that help cover up child rape too

might as well add people that get more upset about a stupid rock than child rape to that list
    I don’t give a **** about a rock. I don’t give a **** about Tennessee. This is about someone’s livelihood, groupthink, internet mob culture, and the classlessness of Tennesse’s Fans. Moron.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carp View Post
    You realize the majority of Americans feel the same way Vols fans do right? I can't even count how many twitter posts I've seen from opposing fans or just random people crucifying TN for hiring someone who allegedly covered up child molestation. If there is even a smidgen of a chance this is true then there is no way a school can justify hiring him as a HC. And while my feelings on Trump and his administration are not positive, even the White House Press Secretary ripped the Vols administration for choosing Schiano.

You hate to see people lives ruined over hearsay, but the fact is that if the Sandusky report was released prior to 2015, Schiano would not have any sort of job at a power 5 conference right now, probably not even at a University at all. No one wants to touch that stuff. And it's incredibly dumb that Tennessee's AD thought this hire would go over well, especially considering our recent Title IX fiasco. Hiring anyone remotely connected to child molestation is a terrible look for a University, regardless if the accusations are true or not.

As for the Rock, that was rather tasteless, imo.
    Wrong. The only people I see defending this are Tennessee fans or people associated with Tennessee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts

Sorry, second hand or not, but I personally believe it happened. I just don't know why either person would have randomly made up that story. If you want your team to hire a guy who stayed silent when he saw a man rape a boy then more power to you. At the very least I need it to be completely cleared up. No way I could pull for the guy. Weird how angry this is making you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Sorry, second hand or not, but I personally believe it happened. I just don't know why either person would have randomly made up that story. If you want your team to hire a guy who stayed silent when he saw a man rape a boy then more power to you. At the very least I need it to be completely cleared up. No way I could pull for the guy. Weird how angry this is making you.
    That’s fine. What’s making me angry is the lynch mob that proceeded to drag a guy’s name through the mud and act with a complete lack of class based on zero evidence. And, in my opinion, it’s disingenuous to make this about the PSU allegation. This is simply about UT fans not thinking he’s not a good coach and “worthy” of UT and so they decided to dig up this story to get their way.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-27-2017), Tapate50 (11-27-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5,481 Posts
    Another thing that is making me angry is the narrative by the rioters that if you defend Schiano that you are for covering up child abuse. That is ridiculous, extreme, stupid, and dangerous. This type of extreme generalizing during debates ther is bree by internet culture has to stop.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to CyYoung31 For This Useful Post:

jpx7 (11-27-2017)

It's OVER 5,000!
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,975 Posts
    Wrong. The only people I see defending this are Tennessee fans or people associated with Tennessee.
    The friggin White House perhaps???

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Carp For This Useful Post:

goldfly (11-28-2017)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,708 Posts
    That’s fine. What’s making me angry is the lynch mob that proceeded to drag a guy’s name through the mud and act with a complete lack of class based on zero evidence. And, in my opinion, it’s disingenuous to make this about the PSU allegation. This is simply about UT fans not thinking he’s not a good coach and “worthy” of UT and so they decided to dig up this story to get their way.
    Really it's about our terrible administration. The lynch mob has and will always exist. It exists for every passionate fanbase. It often gets coaches fired and not hired. AD's often leak names to get an idea on fan reaction. Our AD reportedly didn't know about the WaPo article and they made a big mistake by not floating his name out there first to see what the reaction would be. At best Schiano was going to be a very controversial hire. When your team's administration is this bad I think fans revolting is pretty much the only way to get change.